Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #271
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

God dammit this game is pissing me off. Every fucking time I restart my ship is different. Either the firing order changes, it's not sitting flat on the pad, some of the boosters don't fire. FUCK! I have to go into assembly every time and rearrange shit.

Just started up the game and the first lift off was good but I timed my decoupling wrong so I blew up. Start over and some fucking how, a tiny has engine some how magically appeared on one of the 9 on the bottom and replaced a big one.

Last edited by Rangerscott; 05-09-2012 at 08:56 PM..
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #272
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Even when you save and reload the order changes?

Mine only changes when I change parts around. Anytime you delete or add a part it redoes the firing order. Don't set your order til you are completely done building the ship. Then save as soon as you reorder after finishing building it. If you modify the ship in anyway, it goes back to default order.

Landed on the moon tonight successfully with enough fuel to make it back. Screwed my return angle up and floated away to a gloomy death.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot4.jpg (71.1 KB, 0 views)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #273
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Use this tutorial to build your moon landing section, the top section. It works great. Never had good luck with the orbit and travel rocket, I will post mine up after this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGd_BFu9e10
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #274
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Here is my rocket, it has morphed from the flying dumbass to the Barrel Roll Mk 4.

The top is that tutorial moon landing sectin.

The inner section is five large liquid fuels and the smaller engine.

The middle six sections are five large liquid fuels with the larger engines attached at the top with the side decouplers and attached to the center and each other with the braces.

The outer solid fuel boosters are in four stages.

Bottom stage is 12 side decouplers with 2 attached to each of the six middle section fuel stacks. There are 12 more solid fuel boosters attached to the inner 12. You have to brace the crap out of these to each other. This bottom ring has to be slightly lower than the middle six engines. This is the ring you want on the pad.

The next 3 stages are just 12 decouplers attached 2 each to the six middle. No braces needed.

The firing order is this.

Bottom 24 solid rockets and 6 middle large rockets

drop bottom 24 solid and start 12 next level solid

drop 12 and start next 12

drop 12 and start last 12

drop last 12

middle 6 will keep going and you can make your 90 or 270 degree turn for the moon at 50km.

drop middle 6 and fire inner small rocket.

inner small rocket will get orbit to moon and get you to the moon and you will drop it with fuel hopefully right before you touch down

drop inner to land and start final engine

drop wings

drop fuel tank/sas/engine

parachute
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot10.jpg (47.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot11.jpg (40.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot12.jpg (40.6 KB, 2 views)
Quote:
Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #275
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

i murdered a LOT of astronauts today. lol
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #276
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i murdered a LOT of astronauts today. lol
Yeah it takes awhile to get decent at this game. Make sure you turn on SAS when you don't need to make a direction adjustment.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #277
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Yeah it takes awhile to get decent at this game. Make sure you turn on SAS when you don't need to make a direction adjustment.
I don't think I even have an sas module. Made it to orbit once but the srb behind the command module refused to fire so we were kinda stuck until gravity brought it back in. Made a bunch of adjustments and now it flys great for the first stage and spins wildly out of control after separation. Usually lucky if I can get the booster to separate and the chute out before the kerbs get liquified
Old 05-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #278
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I don't think I even have an sas module. Made it to orbit once but the srb behind the command module refused to fire so we were kinda stuck until gravity brought it back in. Made a bunch of adjustments and now it flys great for the first stage and spins wildly out of control after separation. Usually lucky if I can get the booster to separate and the chute out before the kerbs get liquified
Get the advanced SAS module. I made it to the moon and returned during lunch. My Kerbal Heroes were victorious.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #279
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Make sure you use the symmetry tool instead of trying to make things line up yourself, that keeps the instability even with SAS down a ton.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #280
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Make sure you use the symmetry tool instead of trying to make things line up yourself, that keeps the instability even with SAS down a ton.
Yeah I use it