Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #281
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
If you raised him on candy and McD's what do you think he's going to eat when he grows up and makes his own choices?
I'm not sure where this line of questioning is going. I think you already know the answer to that.

Children follow their parents examples. It is up to their parents to educate themselves on many many things - including the foods their children should eat. Adults need to take resposibility for themselves.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #282
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
If you raised him on candy and McD's what do you think he's going to eat when he grows up and makes his own choices?
Are you implying that it is the role of Government to serve as "parents"...to teach a nation of adults how to eat? How to behave in public? To protect citizens from themselves like parents protect their children? (don't play in traffic...don't run with scissors, etc etc)

I don't get it...I can't BELIEVE that you....of all people...would suggest that?!
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #283
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

My point is that humans raised in a fastfood/candy/sugar culture who's parents never teach them any differently will most likely always eat shit food. Its not only because they're lazy or any number of names I've heard called here....its because they were raised that way and never questioned it. It is a perpetual cycle. As stated earlier, most of those who occupy society just aren't smart enough to think any differently that how they were raised. You get indoctrinated....and you stick to that until you die.

So, in order to reverse that ever growing trend it is necessary to end corn subsidies and do what we must to grow healthier foods that can monetarily compete with dollar cheeseburgers and bags of chips. We need to break out of the current unhealthy food commercial we're in. This can all be done without any freedom restrictions, but ultimately the govt would be responsible for reorganizing the structure of the Agriculture Dept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Are you implying that it is the role of Government to serve as "parents"...to teach a nation of adults how to eat? How to behave in public? To protect citizens from themselves like parents protect their children? (don't play in traffic...don't run with scissors, etc etc)

I don't get it...I can't BELIEVE that you....of all people...would suggest that?!
No, apparently you don't get it. I'm not an anarchist and not once in this conversation have I said people who buy, eat or sell HFCS should do prison time.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #284
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

You guys can't seem to tell the difference between a Government making laws that result in ruined lives to enforce religiously based moral beliefs and a Government working to make its populace healthier, stronger, and even more intelligent.

Government is necessary, humans simply aren't smart enough to live without direction. However, that direction can be given without it being an ultimatum resulting in severe punishment.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 04-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #285
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
No, apparently you don't get it. I'm not an anarchist and not once in this conversation have I said people who buy, eat or sell HFCS should do prison time.
Understood....never said you did. I'm enjoying the conversation...I've no interest in attacking you. I just didn't/don't understand your reasoning. I mean, healthy food choices are readily available to anyone who wants them RIGHT NOW. Change nothing at all with corn subsidies or anything else and healthy food choices are still available right now.

You argue as if Joe Q. Public taking the initiative to better educate themselves on healthy food choices is an impossibility. My counter argument is WHY? Why must someone else assume this responsibility FOR them?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #286
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
this a great find. astounding post.

/discussion
/thread

you people need to take the time and watch this. take the time and read any of the other evidences put forward by me and others. You guys are going around and around talking about what you think is the nutritional truths about HFCS and sugar. APPLES AND ORANGES, so drop it, and read up.

I said it several times now, i am still waiting for one fucking iota of evidence for anything backing up what you guys are claiming. This request conveniently gets glanced over.

If you want to make claims on here or anywhere on the internets, nobody fucking cares that you are health nut, you are ripped, and you work out or think you know something about nutrition, to the point where you can make population-wide observations. congrats to you, i applaud your efforts, i work out too. BUT you are not doctors that i am aware of, and you have not performed any sort of population research or experiments of your own, and published any finding.

The fact is, that HFCS is "bad" for you, AND is a major contributor to the obesity epidemic around the WORLD, for SO MANY REASONS, including that

A) it is addictive. The earlier you get it, the more prone you are to LIFE LONG addiction. You get it in the womb, it starts quite early.

B) it also tricks the brain into thinking you are not full, or that you are still hungry, even further expanding on the vicious circle.

C) it is everywhere. drop the sodas and the junk food "argument" already. It is hiding in 99% of all foods in the HEALTH FOOD aisle, masquerading as fucking HEALTH FOOD and everything in . Aforementioned Joe Idiot hasn't a chance because when he thinks he is making the right choices he is STILL getting fucked by uncle sam (FDA) and food corps.

This is just partly why it is not about choice. It's about fucking ultimate greed. It is a conspiracy and it is not so secret anymore. NEW COKE was the smoking gun in the 80's. (to quote the M.D. speaker in the video.)
Old 04-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #287
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Why are you against junk food being more expensive than healthy foods?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #288
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
How about: Quit subsidizing it.
reduce government spending? blasphemy!
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #289
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
reduce government spending? blasphemy!
I'm sorry.

I meant; Pass more laws!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #290
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
It is hiding in 99% of all foods in the HEALTH FOOD aisle, masquerading as fucking HEALTH FOOD and everything in.
Yeah? 99%?

Prove it.

I eat 6 times a day...every day...and it's not in anything I eat. Trust me. I look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
It is a conspiracy and it is not so secret anymore. NEW COKE was the smoking gun in the 80's. (to quote the M.D. speaker in the video.)
Conspiracy? Really? I always wondered what happened to Baby Gorrilla/ZeroNetGain....I guess now I know. Do you have trouble seeing out from under that tin foil hat?

(And while I'm here I guess I should ask the obvious question....are you a fatty?)