Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #21
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
They needed to do something more than the cork and one shot kill of smokey. They built up this good vs evil and then it was solved with a shot in the back. It would of been awesome if Jack took out Smokey in a better way and Jack lived, but before Smokey died, he turned Sawyer and Sawyer went into the Cork room and became the new Smokey. Jack vs Sawyer would be the new Jacob vs MiB. Fat ass with a more cuddly version of Ben is fucking gay. I think that is what pisses me off the most about the finale. The island gets fat ass. I always hated that fat piece of shit.
A co-worker swore that the final scene was going to be Jack and "Not Locke" on the beach and "Not Lock" was going to say "do you know how much I want to kill you?" to Jack as a boat cruises toward the island in the distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #22
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Then can you provide an explanation for the purpose of the island? What was its history? What is the smoke monster's origin? What is the source of the island's power?

You know, important shit like that.

They covered that....had you watched the show you would have those answers.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 05-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Then can you provide an explanation for the purpose of the island? What was its history? What is the smoke monster's origin? What is the source of the island's power?

You know, important shit like that.
It's the "light" of humanity.

They didn't give a good history of the island passed jacob's origin. The egyptian stuff is religion metaphor...

The smoke monster is Jacob's brother after Jacob beat up his brother and threw him into the "heart" of the island where the "light" is...

A lava light type thing that is kept in check by a stone cork with water flowing into it. If you pull out the cork, the water stops flowing, the light turns off, the island falls into the water, and bad shit happens to humanity.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
A co-worker swore that the final scene was going to be Jack and "Not Locke" on the beach and "Not Lock" was going to say "do you know how much I want to kill you?" to Jack as a boat cruises toward the island in the distance.
I told my wife last week Jack would die and Hurley would become the new Jacob after Hurley said he didn't want the job when Jack took it in the last show. They made that one too easy though, you could see that one coming.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #25
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It's the "light" of humanity.

The smoke monster is Jacob's brother after Jacob beat up his brother and threw him into the "heart" of the island where the "light" is...

A lava light type thing that is kept in check by a stone cork with water flowing into it. If you pull out the cork, the water stops flowing, the light turns off, the island falls into the water, and bad shit happens to humanity.
To expand
The Island is a portal into the soul\spirit of humanity.

Jacob threw his brother down the well and the the portal farted out the darkness of brotha's soul (seperated the body from soul and since brotha was ina bad mood and dark place, that was what was farted out.

They couldn't let him leave the island because he was both pissy and all powerful.

Quote:
Old 05-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #26
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
No
The sideways flash world was not pergoatory. Its a place they created for themselves (why all the Characters's LA-verse lives seemed so perfect) as they waited for everyone else to die in real life. Once all them died in real life they would all move on to the "afterlife" together.
I disagree, there was no timeline tied to real life in the alternate "LA-verse", hence no waiting for everyone to die in real life. Jack was apparently the person they were waiting for before moving on. At the time of his death Kate, Sawyer, Claire, Miles, Rose, Bernard, Desmond, Hurley, and Ben were all still alive yet they were some of the people who were waiting for Jack. If the LA-verse was tied to any kind of time it was waiting for each person's soul to realize it was dead. In real life time it was sometime far in the future presuming one of Hurley's island watching powers was living a long time like Jacob did.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #27
Trip
Hold mah beer!

You got to remember what Christian Shepherd said at the end though, time was irrelevant in the LA-verse.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #28
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

I lost interest in this show within the first season and to read what y'all are saying....it's frickin hilarious because you all sound delusional.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #29
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I'm sure that I'm in the minority here...but...I've never watched the show...and reading this thread does nothing to make me interested in ever watching it. It sounds dumb as hell.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #30
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I'm sure that I'm in the minority here...but...I've never watched the show...and reading this thread does nothing to make me interested in ever watching it. It sounds dumb as hell.
I started watching it to connect with my then boyfriend's teenage sister and it was painful. I hate hour long tv shows and I hate dramas. I thought I'd give it a shot to have something to talk to my now sister in law, but I found out me making fun of the show was not making her hate me less. At all. Go figure.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote