Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #21
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Nah, Honda motorcycles.
Ahh, word for word it translates to Japanese. Now it all makes sense.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #22
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
They forgot the ones you always see on long trips...you know, those folks going 5 over in the left lane, when everyone else is trying to go at least 10 or more over. You pass them, they speed up so you cant pass, you go faster, they go faster and it keeps on until you finally get irritated enough to stomp on it, leave them in your dust, they give up, then 20 minutes later they come flying up and immediately slow down after they've gotten in front of you. Or they get a little ways in front of you, and 5 minutes later you are playing this whole game again. And 98% of this time you've been on cruise control.

These drivers are also known as losers who dont know how to use cruise control...
Careful, I mentioned these assholes before and got jumped on...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #23
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
They forgot the ones you always see on long trips...you know, those folks going 5 over in the left lane, when everyone else is trying to go at least 10 or more over. You pass them, they speed up so you cant pass, you go faster, they go faster and it keeps on until you finally get irritated enough to stomp on it, leave them in your dust, they give up, then 20 minutes later they come flying up and immediately slow down after they've gotten in front of you. Or they get a little ways in front of you, and 5 minutes later you are playing this whole game again. And 98% of this time you've been on cruise control.

These drivers are also known as losers who dont know how to use cruise control...
If you come up behind me, I'll move over. Once.

If you have established yourself as erratic and can't hold steady speed, it will be your responsibility to get by me cleanly. If you've really annoyed me, that may be harder than you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Careful, I mentioned these assholes before and got jumped on...
Was that when the answer was to speed up to 90 for a few miles, and let them follow. When you back down to 75 -80, they'll feel like they are crawling and will probably leave you alone?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #24
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
If you come up behind me, I'll move over. Once.

If you have established yourself as erratic and can't hold steady speed, it will be your responsibility to get by me cleanly. If you've really annoyed me, that may be harder than you think.

Was that when the answer was to speed up to 90 for a few miles, and let them follow. When you back down to 75 -80, they'll feel like they are crawling and will probably leave you alone?
No

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #25
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
they forgot the worst two of all!

#1 those who take your blinker as a personal insult to their families and mothers. They, at the first sight of your inclination to change lanes, no matter if it is to get in the faster lane or slower lane or even the exit lane, will speed up to box you out. You Shall not pass... in front of me! it is an attack on my religion to see the rear end of your car!
this may be a floridiot thing, because I remember people in NJ and NY being very pleasant and agreeable to your wishes to lane change.

#2 - Lets all hold hands, as we two / three drive in two / three lanes at the same position, and at the same FUCKING speed: Doucheteen MPH! Why not? it's not like anybody has to be anywhere to be but sitting behind our oblivious asses and looking past us at the vast stretches of glorious, virgin, open road ahead.

If your driving like an asshole behind me...and I can pace someone (or two) people in lanes next to me...I will...Why? To piss in your cheerios and make your day that much worse. I love the people that switch lanes trying to get by and then realize the lane they picked isn't gonna work so they switch back the lane they were just in and that one STILL isn't moving the way they want.

I've had people do it to me...and I've gotten frustrated because I was in a rush...If you can honestly say you have NEVER gotten angry while driving and not done any of the things listed, Well..I dont believe you.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #26
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I like how the left-lane squatters are more likely to move over if there's only 2 lanes in each direction, instead of 3 or more. It's as if they think "If there are plenty of lanes, then it's cool for me to just park in one and stay there forever"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #27
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
#1 those who take your blinker as a personal insult to their families and mothers. They, at the first sight of your inclination to change lanes, no matter if it is to get in the faster lane or slower lane or even the exit lane, will speed up to box you out. You Shall not pass... in front of me! it is an attack on my religion to see the rear end of your car!
this may be a floridiot thing, because I remember people in NJ and NY being very pleasant and agreeable to your wishes to lane change.
There is the flip side of this coin. The people who sit in the right lane going slow behind a semi or other car. They sit there happily minding their own business until a car going 20 mph faster than then comes charging up the left lane ready to pass both in a hurry. Well mister right lane decides it's his moral obligation to move over to the left lane and block the left lane speeder right before the speeder passes him. Then mister right lane takes an hour to pass the car that was in front of him to further piss off left lane speeder.

If I am traveling faster than traffic, I will typically not let anyone in. I am moving faster than you, I am passing. You are slow, you need to be in the right lane so I can pass. If you are traveling faster than me, I have no issues getting right and letting you by.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #28
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I don't remember if it was in here but another one i hate is the shoulder drivers or those who see for 5 miles there is construction and one lane, then drive to the front so they can squeeze in.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #29
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
I don't remember if it was in here but another one i hate is the shoulder drivers or those who see for 5 miles there is construction and one lane, then drive to the front so they can squeeze in.
In Toronto that happens at every on ramp, during rush hour. People even move into the on ramps from the main highway, to blast past maybe 5 cars, and then force their way back in past the end of the merge lane.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #30
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:

I do that all the time on my moto. I can squeeze in anywhere I want. LOL

I hate the truckers that think it's their sole purpose to block people doing that.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote