Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > 2008 Blog Contest

Old 06-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #21
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...
Default Cross Country Trip Pictures! - Arkansas

This place had great eats, was cheap as fuck, in the middle of nowhere, but didn't have any gas in their pumps... like the 3 other places we stopped before there...

Just down the road... the road... was fucked.

Got kickstand pucks? Neither did we.......

This place had gas, but didn't accept credit cards... We spent probably a half hour dicking around finding change... banjos could be heard in the distance...

The Ozarks are lovely...

Old 06-12-2008, 07:20 AM   #22
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Default Cross Country Trip Pictures! - Tennessee

Memphis... This was pretty much what both of us looked like every stop...

The bikes outside of Psycho's place in Nashville...

My 2nd run down the Dragon... SLOW

Motarded fiddies! Well... 88's and a 110 or two...

Last edited by OneSickPsycho; 06-12-2008 at 07:50 AM..
Old 06-12-2008, 07:33 AM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Default Cross Country Trip Pictures! - Deal's Gap Day 2

Tree of Shame...

Drewpy's contribution from last year... Nice that we didn't have anything to add...

A local's Hypermotard... sickness... Rizoma everything...

Molestering the Dragon...

Fuck you too Trip...

The overlook... Not that you fucks haven't seen 10,000 pictures from here anyway...

Wild trike... this guy was pretty cool... He popped wheelies up the hill and when he set it back down the whole frame flexed like a mother... Crazy...

It's time to say goodbye...

Old 06-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #24
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

A little overdue in updating...

Rode last weekend... Met up with a friend of a friend to go on a group ride with some locals... We left balls early, got some breakfast, then spent a couple hours gathering up everyone for the ride.

Group ranged from a girl who has less than three weeks experience, to a couple track day junkies. The ride was pretty uneventful. The roads... well, they had some turns, which is I guess all you can ask for here in FL.

A couple of the guys drank a couple beers throughout the trip, while at the gas station stops... I made sure those jokers were in front of me at all times... I tend to be a backmarker on all group rides anyway. Everyone rode safe, but the alcohol-bike mix just doesn't jive with me. I will NOT be riding with these guys again. Pity, cause the one guy had a gnarley TLS... bronze wheels AND bronze colored Yosh pipes... forest green paint, no fairing. Tough.

I am pretty sure that all of my fork oil has leaked from my left fork. Front end dive is pretty bad and the bike was pretty unstable when I started to push the pace through some turns. Commuting it's fine, but if I'm going to do some real riding, it needs seals ASAP.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #25
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Default The Search...

Went for a ride today... a ride to get a new bike possibly.

Me and a buddy went up to a dealer about halfway to Daytona that had a number of SV1k's on their website... Ended up finding a different dealer that had a silver 03 SV1k and a blue SuperHawk (I forget the year).

The SV was in fair condition, but you could tell the owner at least slightly neglected it. The chain was somewhat dirty, the sproket was totally grimey, and there was some oxidation on a few of the fittings and on the exhaust caps. Other than flushmounts and an undertail, it was bone stock. Almost 15k miles. $4999.

The SuperHawk was in better condition, had Two Bros pipes, undertail, flushmounts, and chrome wheels *gag*. It too had some minor signs of neglect, mostly oxidation on some parts. Don't remember the mileage exactly, but it was less than the SV. Sticker was $5400.

I talked to a sales guy about tradin' in the CBR and he worked out a deal to give me $4k for it. I thought that was pretty damn good, but I wasn't real crazy about either the SV or the SuperHawk, so I walked.

We went across the street to eat at Beef's and some old guy with two teenage daughters approached us at the table... "You guys on the bikes?" He starts asking us about gas mileage and whatnot, expressing interest in my bike. He likes Hondas, he likes my Honda, he is interesting in possibly buying my Honda. I toss out a figure of $5k (less some aftermarket goodies) and he gets my number.

As luck would have it, as we are BS'ing he mentions that his neighbor, Josh, works at the dealer across the street. Wouldn't you know it, that's the same guy that quoted me on the SV.

We continue on, heading down the street to find the dealer we were originally looking for... Found 'em. It was just one guy working... some crazy old guy with a killer beard. Looks like this place buys a lot of pretty beat up machines. Only one of the SV1k's they had looked appealing... Yosh carbon exhaust, pretty clean looking 05... Salvage rebuilt with a ridiculously high price on it.

Another they had the guy straight told me not to buy it... "It's about dead, you don't want it." Thanks strange old dude.

On the way out we noticed they had a DRZ 400SM... 07, all black (no decals), with full FMF exhaust. It was pretty sick and reasonably priced... Must... Resist... The Motard.

I just can't justify a motard right now... as much as I want one, I put too many miles on my bike to fuck around with something that would kill me after 100 miles. Motard dreams will have to wait until I can justify having two bikes.

Anyway... we bail.. just as it starts raining.

The rain started pretty slowly, then all of a sudden unleashed the fury fully on us. It got so we couldn't see at all, so we pulled off under an overpass. We waited for probably 20 minutes for it to calm down slightly then proceeded on.

It began pouring almost immediately after left, but fuck it, we continued on anyway. We made a pit stop at another dealer to see what they had... Well, the only v-twin sportbike they had was a 999R Xerox (CF body, Ohlins, Marchesini, EVERYTHING)... only 300 miles... and reasonably priced at $19999. It's good to dream.

However, they did have a good lookin' set of boots... Nitro.. but unlike all the other Nitro stuff I've seen, they didn't look like crap... very well put together... $80... and no size 10's.

We continued our voyage in the rain, parting ways just down the road to head home. I made a pit stop at another dealer just for grins (and to get out of the rain)... they were closing up, but I did start talking to a sales guy briefly... Turns out I missed an SV1k by 4 days. Apparently a guy traded it in on a cruiser... They sold it the next day for $4k and it had less than 5k miles on it... and of course, was SUPER clean. God damnit.

I left and continued on home... Got naked in the garage and hung up all my clothes. You know... You never quite as wet as you do riding a motorcycle in the rain no matter what you do. It was still fun though... especially skitching down the highway in 1/2" of water and spraying the cars next to you...