Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 02-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #21
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post

Fuck trucks, they are a ripoff, precisely because you guys keep buying them.

When they come up with a car that can pull a 22' boat (or get through a muddy jobsite, pull a trailer with quads or bikes or other junk), loaded with coolers, gear, and people, then I might take a look. Until then I don't see myself being in a car
Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #22
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
2010 used f150 $45k all factory equipment
Which is over twice the MSRP of a new base-model F150.

You guys are getting ripped off by the option packages.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #23
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Which is over twice the MSRP of a new base-model F150.

You guys are getting ripped off by the option packages.
biggest hit is adding the crew cab. if you go with a reg cab, or even just the extended cab, you will save major bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #24
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
My buddy bought a brand new 5.0 mustang in 1991. Cost him $14,200.
Now the cheapest mustang with a v8 costs $42000
my thing is the new v6 has 300hp

the old v8 made like 225hp lol

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #25
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
biggest hit is adding the crew cab. if you go with a reg cab, or even just the extended cab, you will save major bucks.
I guess it all boils down to the manufacturer knowing that people are forced to buy crew cab if they have a kid(s) and it's going to be their primary vehicle.

So much profit margin baked into these things. When I worked at Ford a few years ago they told me they made $18K off every Navigator built. And that's just from selling them to the dealership.

Last edited by Homeslice; 02-02-2011 at 11:46 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:47 PM   #26
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
I'd like to know why new jeeps cost $30k and even 10 year old ones cost over 10k...

I wanted one as a fun offroad toy, but what the fuck? These are the shitty no-door having 4cyl with "offroad" tires that were as slick as drag radials. Did I miss where they were worth their weight in gold? I mean, they don't pull over 20mpgs with lifts and tires I'd want.

Jeep pricing is the same as Harley pricing. The name brings a premium.

Pickup options suck these days. It's either baseline model or fully decked out. There's no in between.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #27
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I guess it all boils down to the manufacturer knowing that people are forced to buy crew cab if they have a kid(s) and it's going to be their primary vehicle.

So much profit margin baked into these things. When I worked at Ford a few years ago they told me they made $18K off every Navigator built. And that's just from selling them to the dealership.
It also has to do with resale. A pre-owned regular cab isn't worth much of anything and an extended cab isn't much better. It doesn't help that they tend to come with the least desirable powertrain combinations and 2wd either.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:53 AM   #28
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

4 wheel drive adds like 3 to 4k to the overall price of the truck...When I traded in my 05 F150 last september they were trying to sell me on a 2010 Regular Cab/Long bed 2 wheel drive for like 17 and change with all these rebates and shit they added to it...But it was barebones as all hell, Literally Manual everything.

I wasnt about to downgrade from an Extended cab 4 Wheel drive truck to that thing...So they asked me what I wanted...and what my number was for my payment. After insulting me with a number 60 dollars OVER what i said i would go...I got up and walked away from the salesman. They then still came back over what my number was and I started to walk out of the dealership completely.

7 hours later and me flat out telling them if they dont come down to the number i gave them there was no deal I was walking out...I drove home in this.

2008 Ram 1500 Big Horn Edition 4x4 Power EVERYTHING It was a huge upgrade from the Ford...and I love it. its the 4.7 Not the Hemi...Although it has alot more punch and tq than the 4.6 in the Ford had.

just stick to your guns when you shop for cars and dont let the dealer walk on you...If you know what you can afford, tell them...if they cant get you to that goal...then go elsewhere. and if you cant get what you want elsewhere...then you shouldnt be buying a new vehicle in the first place.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:42 AM   #29
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
What'll REALLY kick you in the dick is the bigger broader picture down the road.

That ranger MAY get 15mpg and that full size with a V8 will get 20mpg

My old boss use to buy the v6 work truck edition chevy's for service vehicles. He got MAYBE 17mpg out of them

So he decided to buy a few rangers to save on up front cost + fuel cost......they got 12-14mpg

He decided to buy 3 new v8 chevy's and they get over 20 plus they were only slightly more money than the rangers.

Over the long term the v8 work chevy's are costing a lot less.

He determined that the drivers of the rangers were giving the little 4 bangers all they had to get up to speed...thus KILLING the mileages. Where the v8's they didn't have to press the gas hard at all. So they weren't working them as hard.
Yep...esp. with the cylinder deactivation.

The 4.3L 2007 Silverado I had got 17-19...and the V-8 got 17-21.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:51 AM   #30
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
4 wheel drive adds like 3 to 4k to the overall price of the truck...When I traded in my 05 F150 last september they were trying to sell me on a 2010 Regular Cab/Long bed 2 wheel drive for like 17 and change with all these rebates and shit they added to it...But it was barebones as all hell, Literally Manual everything.

I wasnt about to downgrade from an Extended cab 4 Wheel drive truck to that thing...So they asked me what I wanted...and what my number was for my payment. After insulting me with a number 60 dollars OVER what i said i would go...I got up and walked away from the salesman. They then still came back over what my number was and I started to walk out of the dealership completely.

7 hours later and me flat out telling them if they dont come down to the number i gave them there was no deal I was walking out...I drove home in this.

2008 Ram 1500 Big Horn Edition 4x4 Power EVERYTHING It was a huge upgrade from the Ford...and I love it. its the 4.7 Not the Hemi...Although it has alot more punch and tq than the 4.6 in the Ford had.

just stick to your guns when you shop for cars and dont let the dealer walk on you...If you know what you can afford, tell them...if they cant get you to that goal...then go elsewhere. and if you cant get what you want elsewhere...then you shouldnt be buying a new vehicle in the first place.
Did you own the F-150 or owe a ton on it?

60 over on the payment sounds about right for the first "square" dealers use.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote