Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Here is what I know about Fukushima I.

It's similar to the GE BWR plant we have at Browns Ferry. Except they have 6 units to our 3. 4-6 is in outages though. It's outage season for nuclear folks. When we do our refueling. They lost offsite power and diesel generators for Unit 1. Units 2 and 3 are shutdown successfully. US Air Force has brought in some new DGs for them. Looks like they are going to be ok. Should be able to keep water over the fuel. Release won't be too bad if they can do that.

I hate BWRs, radiation is everywhere. Rad water powers the turbine. Mine is a PWR, rad water is contained in it's own loop. It doesn't come on the electrical producing side of the house such as the turbine. I do not go in the rad areas very often. I have only gotten dose once cause I had to go check out the pump motors for the similar pumps that they can't keep running in this case.

Hope this doesn't can our Nuke plans in the USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 03-11-2011 at 05:18 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #22
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Here is what I know about Fukushima I.

It's similar to the GE BWR plant we have at Browns Ferry. Except they have 6 units to our 3. 4-6 is in outages though. It's outage season for nuclear folks. When we do our refueling. They lost offsite power and diesel generators for Unit 1. Units 2 and 3 are shutdown successfully. US Air Force has brought in some new DGs for them. Looks like they are going to be ok. Should be able to keep water over the fuel. Release won't be too bad if they can do that.

I hate BWRs, radiation is everywhere. Rad water powers the turbine. Mine is a PWR, rad water is contained in it's own loop. It doesn't come on the electrical producing side of the house such as the turbine. I do not go in the rad areas very often. I have only gotten dose once cause I had to go check out the pump motors for the similar pumps that they can't keep running in this case.

Hope this doesn't can our Nuke plans in the USA.
The BBC is reporting that, in addition to this reactor at the Fukushima-Daiichi plant, the cooling systems for three reactors at the Fukushima-Daini plant are malfunctioning as well.

Without significant regulatory and legal shifts I think our nuke plans were canned long before this.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #23
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

No actually Nuke plans were a go in the Southeast. Im pretty sure they have been planning several more Nuke Plants to go up and be controlled by TVA.

Just read this.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...-less-coal-use

"Tennessee Valley Authority... recommends greater use of nuclear power, natural gas and renewable resources and less reliance on coal in the next two decades."

"The board has approved funding for initial engineering design and site preparation for a Unit 1 reactor at the Bellefonte plant."

Last edited by Full Throttle; 03-11-2011 at 10:49 PM..
Full Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
The BBC is reporting that, in addition to this reactor at the Fukushima-Daiichi plant, the cooling systems for three reactors at the Fukushima-Daini plant are malfunctioning as well.

Without significant regulatory and legal shifts I think our nuke plans were canned long before this.
Yeah, I will be getting trained on this soon, I can see.

We were actually just getting off the ground for building more. We just rebuilt Browns Ferry Unit 1. My plant, Watts Bar, is bringing online a Unit 2 for the first time currently and Bellefonte is right behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
No actually Nuke plans were a go in the Southeast. Im pretty sure they have been planning several more Nuke Plants to go up and be controlled by TVA.

Just read this.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...-less-coal-use

"Tennessee Valley Authority... recommends greater use of nuclear power, natural gas and renewable resources and less reliance on coal in the next two decades."

"The board has approved funding for initial engineering design and site preparation for a Unit 1 reactor at the Bellefonte plant."
You don't need to read it. I am an engineer at Watts Bar Unit 1 and can fill you in on anything you want to know about it.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #25
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Yeah, I will be getting trained on this soon, I can see.

We were actually just getting off the ground for building more. We just rebuilt Browns Ferry Unit 1. My plant, Watts Bar, is bringing online a Unit 2 for the first time currently and Bellefonte is right behind it.

You don't need to read it. I am an engineer at Watts Bar Unit 1 and can fill you in on anything you want to know about it.
Only posted the article cause its so recent and cause no one seems to really like word of mouth on here much.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #26
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

I never knew that trip was homer simpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:16 AM   #27
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
The skin tone didn't give you enough of a hint?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I don't like donuts.

lying...lol
Quote:
Old 03-12-2011, 01:38 AM   #29
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

This is not going to turn out good working for a Japanese OEM. They are already in chaos over there because many trains are not functioning and now the fear is loss of electric due to the nuclear plant issue.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #30
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Screenie of my local paper website. Poor Cali and Oregon. Japan's damage is overrated.

Love the fear mongering over nuke meltdown too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2011-03-12 at 2.45.00 AM.jpg (63.1 KB, 1 views)
Quote: