Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #21
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
OK, strange to me. In every state I've lived - it's been a no-fault state. Yet, in accidents that are clearly someone's fault THEIR insurance company has taken care of my damages.

I think you're being too nice.

36 in a 35? Let's talk error ratios, and the fact that getting an EXACT speed from a skid mark is impossible. I just did skid test training with a County Sheriff department at the track - no where in there did they EVER make an exact speed.

You are being TOO NICE and accepting their answers.

I'm not saying sue them. I'm saying just stand up a bit, it's alright. You aren't a bad person for doing it.
Well now it's up to my insurance company to battle it out with theirs. I'm removing myself from it. The police report has been given to both insurance companies and if they want to take each other to court then that's their problem. The truck had zero damage so his insurance company is only paying for my medical bills. I might press the issue on covering my gear, but that's about all I want. Whats done is done. I'm just ready to move on and heal up.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #22
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Well now it's up to my insurance company to battle it out with theirs. I'm removing myself from it. The police report has been given to both insurance companies and if they want to take each other to court then that's their problem. The truck had zero damage so his insurance company is only paying for my medical bills. I might press the issue on covering my gear, but that's about all I want. Whats done is done. I'm just ready to move on and heal up.
Roger dat.

Here's to healing quickly and completely....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #23
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I think you're being too nice.

You are being TOO NICE and accepting their answers.

I'm not saying sue them. I'm saying just stand up a bit, it's alright. You aren't a bad person for doing it.
Exactly... we are on the same page zoomie.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #24
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Unless specifically stated in an insurance policy, there's no coverage for gear. Even if it's a "full coverage" policy (which is a joke in itself), it won't be covered unless listed. Some insurance companies offer coverage of your gear under an insurance rider (add on, not actual rider who rides a bike), but they'll charge extra, of course. Also, the rider will either be for gear which you specifically list with stated values, or a more generic "we'll give you up to $xxx" with the amount they'll cover varying on the amount of coverage you elect to carry.

It sucks, but if it's not specifically listed in your policy, you can fight tooth and nail with the insurance companies and still come out with nothing.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #25
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

yeah I tried like hell to get mine covered... but it's only covered if there's a statute requiring it. I even tried to use military Regs showing I'm required by military law to wear it... no joy.

the weird thing is I wonder if I went down in a state with no helmet law would my helmet be covered? at least I got $ for that.

sorry to hear about that though Rider... doesn't make any sense to me... you'll pay my fuck'n medical bills if I go to the hospital for not wearing gear... but not the gear that's saving you money by keeping me out of the hospital...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #26
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
yeah I tried like hell to get mine covered... but it's only covered if there's a statute requiring it. I even tried to use military Regs showing I'm required by military law to wear it... no joy.

the weird thing is I wonder if I went down in a state with no helmet law would my helmet be covered? at least I got $ for that.

sorry to hear about that though Rider... doesn't make any sense to me... you'll pay my fuck'n medical bills if I go to the hospital for not wearing gear... but not the gear that's saving you money by keeping me out of the hospital...
In Michigan, the motorcycle rider's insurance doesn't pay the medical bills anyway if it is involved in an accident with a car. Now if it's a just a self inflicted off like your's.... then yes they would cover it. I got 3 years and 1 crash out of that Shoei... It served it's purpose. Time for a new lid anyway.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:44 PM   #27
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
In Michigan, the motorcycle rider's insurance doesn't pay the medical bills anyway if it is involved in an accident with a car. Now if it's a just a self inflicted off like your's.... then yes they would cover it. I got 3 years and 1 crash out of that Shoei... It served it's purpose. Time for a new lid anyway.
yeah I claimed my Arai... but it was the rest of my gear that got fucked up....

and wouldn't that go by your policy not by state? or just all the policies with residents of MI fall under that... either way...
Old 11-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #28
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
yeah I claimed my Arai... but it was the rest of my gear that got fucked up....

and wouldn't that go by your policy not by state? or just all the policies with residents of MI fall under that... either way...
In Michigan a motorcycle is not considered a motorized vehicle. No medical insurance coverage is required for motorcycles. It is an option in case you crash on your own but it's not required like it is for cars.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #29
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
In Michigan a motorcycle is not considered a motorized vehicle. No medical insurance coverage is required for motorcycles. It is an option in case you crash on your own but it's not required like it is for cars.
ahh... I thought you meant it was like a law saying that you would have no coverage in that case...

still... imo
Old 11-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #30
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Doesn't anyone ever read their policy when they buy it/renew it and understand what's covered and what's not? Not knocking anyone; I'm just surprised to hear this? I guess I must be anal.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote