Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #21
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

I got mine cause I wanted a new liquid cooled V twin. The 1125 was the only option available for "common folk"

And Rider, I believe the wet weight on the 1125 is about 425 IIRC. Never actually weighed it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #22
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I needed a bike that wasn't as heavy as the cruiser I'd learned to ride on. I knew absolutely nothing about sport bikes, except they were fast and could land me on my ass in a heartbeat.

The SV wasn't what I was originally wanting. Sport bike to me at the time meant plastics....err...fairings. I was smart enough to know I didn't need anything bigger than a 600cc (or I was just to chicken shit, take your pick ). After looking for a bike for a few months, one of the guys at the local zook stealership put his wife's bike up for sale. She wasn't riding it because she was scared of it. At that point I did a little research on the SV. Reading everyone's opinion about how it was a great starter bike, I decided to go look at her. She was an 03 purchased in 04. In January of 05 she only had 1100 miles on her. She was clean aside from a little crack around the headlight where she had been scraped. Taking into consideration most people's opinions of the SV and what the guy wanted for her, she came home with me a few days later. I fell in love with her the first time I rode her. She wasn't pretty to me then, but I eventually came around.

The first thing I learned on her was where I got a much lighter bike, I could no longer get my feet almost flat on the ground. Tip toeing was a little daunting at first (and after reading about lowering, I decided to be hard headed and not lower her). The second thing I learned is downshifting a little early on a sport v-twin is NOT as forgiving as a v-twin cruiser and will cause the back tire to light up!

Overall, I've been extremely happy with her.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #23
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

600's are for girls and Busa's and ZX 14's are for the dragstrip and stretched swingarms so I bought a litre bike.

Ok how about...I'm not so great in the twisties so I wanted some power to catch up in the straights but still didn't want anything as heavy as a Busa or ZX 14 ? I didn't really want a Buell although I do think they are cool and also didn't want to pony up the $$ for a Duc although I do like them alot.

Ok on a more serious note even though my 2nd paragraph above is closer to the truth than my totally joking BS first paragraph...I just really like the R1.

I owned a 2000 R1 several years ago and just like it better overall than the other 3 Japanese litre bikes. I think the R1 looks better than the other 3 and at my level of riding ability they are all close enough in performance that it didn't really matter which one I chose.

I would have been fine with a 750 and probably any of the 600's too since they are so vastly improved over the 600's I owned in the early to mid 90's.

I bought an R1 and R6 thinking the R6 may be mainly for the track but the wife has taken to riding like a duck to water and she laid claim to the R6 and even put some pink flames on the windscreen and a "Girl Power" sticker to mark her territory and to keep me off of it.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #24
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

I was looking for something in good shape that was a some what tame 600 so it wouldnt kill me while learning to ride. I found my 600r with just under 2k miles on it and got the dealer down to a reasonable price and went with it.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #25
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Price went first..... it had to be cheap as hell.

Looks went second.....

Manufacturer didnt matter, nothing bigger than a 600, and the color was just icing on the cake.....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #26
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I like tq. But, have no need for 180 hp..

I got it for a good price. And I love how it looks. Not to mention that I can ride pretty quick, and since it doesn't sound fast, nobody complains.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #27
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

I have had a love affair for Ducatis since I started riding. It's in my blood. My grandfather owned a Ducati in the 60's (one of the last ones to be imported into Brazil before the government shut down imports). My older brother has had a '95 900 SuperSport for years (that he's decided to sell Noooo!!). And heavenly guidance to an extent kept me from jumping on something until the 1098 came out.. and I'm glad I waited, because the 1098 is THE bike I wanted, the one I have always lusted for, and just didn't realize it. Now that I have it, sure a tiny part of me wants something else for touring, but I don't get that intense feeling of "god I want a better bike"..

Yes, I know it's a LOT of bike. I know I will never use it to it's full potential (hell, who can, short of someone with the skill of Valentino Rossi?).. but it's the one that makes ME happy.

Tracy doesn't complain too much either.. since he gets to ride it on occasion.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I forgot, I am a two big bike stable now...

Fatburg made an offer that was too good to pass up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #29
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Was always a fan of Kawasaki as a Kid...Rode a ZX7 as my first bike...sold it wanted another and Feel in love with the new ZX6R...So I bought one.

Pretty simple.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #30
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

I sold my 750 to get a bigger bike. When I finally went to buy my new bike (~20 yr's later) I wanted a liter bike, but didn't really think I needed 130-140hp I4, Went looking for a twin, found one that already had all of the upgrades I'd want done by the factory. Knew someone who collects bikes who had one, and he thought it was a good sports bike. Offered the dealer $1000 under MSRP, he accepted...
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote