Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I think it would be rather refreshing to meet, or even hear about a nice cop.

All too often, I've only been hearing about the bad ones. Far too often, I've come in contact with them personally.
Sorry, I remain completely fucking unmoved by this oh-so-sad story.
Like I said, I'm sure you feel your opinion is justified.

Quote:

For the record, I wasn't talking about cops who kill bikers that run. I'm talking about innocents killed when chases go bad, like a recent case in my area where an innocent (and completely uninvolved) woman, and her 5-year-old daughter were killed.

That shit needs to stop. These fuckers think they are supercops, and end up endangering the populace just as much as the perps.

Just so you know, a growing number of police departments have "No Chase" policies in effect that restrict high speed pursuit except in the case of violent crimes.
Maybe your municipality doesn't have one yet... maybe it never will... but that's something you should bring up to your local government if it bothers you so much.

Last edited by Adeptus_Minor; 08-12-2010 at 10:16 AM..
Adeptus_Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:

All too often, I've only been hearing about the bad ones. Far too often, I've come in contact with them personally.

Had one stand on my front porch, and lie straight to my face and right in front of my then-11-year-old daughter, about how he would handle a traffic case we were involved in. He even lied to the local paper! I have the article saved...

Protect and serve my ass.

For the record, I wasn't talking about cops who kill bikers that run. I'm talking about innocents killed when chases go bad, like a recent case in my area where an innocent (and completely uninvolved) woman, and her 5-year-old daughter were killed.

That shit needs to stop. These fuckers think they are supercops, and end up endangering the populace just as much as the perps.

Sorry, I remain completely fucking unmoved by this oh-so-sad story.
Dude... I deal with 950 18-30 year olds daily... 95 of them report Directly to me daily for any and all issue. yet of those... I spend probably close to 90% of my time with the same 10-12 airmen. They're garbage (airmen... not human beings just not cut out for the AF) they can't get their shit straight...

by your generalization... all Airmen are shit. grow the fuck up man. realize that NEGATIVITY SELLS! that's why the news is always about disasters, war, poverty, the wrong someone did. that's why Gossip magazines sell in droves!

who wants to read about a cop that did his job? that upheld the law day in and out and went home and continued to be a upstanding citizen? shit I almost fell asleep just while typing that!

come on... I refused to believe that anyone is that stupid
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:30 AM   #3
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I think Avatard's hate of the police comes form him never discovering the sticker his buddy stuck on the back of his car and can't understand why he keeps getting pulled over and tased
Old 08-13-2010, 05:35 AM   #4
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Wow. Just wow.

Let me ask you this, Avatard. What, exactly, should the cop have done if he saw a group of motorcyclists riding wheelies in all three lanes of traffic on the highway?
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I think Avatard's hate of the police comes form him never discovering the sticker his buddy stuck on the back of his car and can't understand why he keeps getting pulled over and tased
Actually, I drive the limit (or at least keep up with general traffic flow), I don't give anyone reason to bother me.

I also don't put any stickers on my car...except PBA stickers, as I always give generously to the PBA.

Guess you don't really have me all figured out, do you?
Old 08-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

If someone tried to kill me and then crashed out I'd probably go back and laugh at them too.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
tkevcu
Trailer Queen

Moto: 919

Quote:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/notew...story/7902381/

There are a bunch out there. Problem is, articles like this do not sell. Society wants horrible stories... that's what they pay for.
tkevcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #8
shmike
Follower

I think the general consensus here is that anybody who would laugh at or mock the injury of another is a total scumbag and fails at being a human, do I have that right?

Just checking...

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15984
Old 08-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #9
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkevcu View Post
http://www.wral.com/news/local/notew...story/7902381/

There are a bunch out there. Problem is, articles like this do not sell. Society wants horrible stories... that's what they pay for.
Looked to be a truly nice guy. Shame he was only an honorary officer. Too bad so many real officers aren't as nice as those who simply aspire to help often are.

I guess the ones that fight to be in that position for real, are often there for all the wrong reasons. Shame we can't have more like this guy.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #10
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

They're digging up some more details over on ADVRider:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609270
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote