pro gun 23 85.19%
anti gun 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #21
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

ok... here's a question for all those that are anti gun

Does this encompass ALL firearms, or just handguns??

If one were to outlaw every firearm, that would cause far more problems than it would help.

Either way, I say give me my gun, and I'll shoot the motherfucker that trys to take it away from me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #22
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
i voted anti gun, but i think its a bit more complicated than just pro or anti.

I don't agree with the argument that if everybody had a gun, shootings would decrease (in number or severity). I do agree with the argument that if we ban guns, the only ppl that would have them are the criminals, which would end up creating a more dangerous environment. All I'm saying is that banning guns altogether is a terrible idea in the short term but make more sense in the long run, coupled with a campaign against the black market for firearms. And to the argument that say that only "responsible" people should have guns... who decides this? what about those that slip through the cracks? what about those normally reasonable and responsible people that are driven to murder after walking in on their spouse cheating on them?

but hey, thats just me. I've never had a gun pointed at me in my life.

also, you spelled amendment wrong.
Sounds great, but it would never work. Kinda like the War on Drugs. Prohibition of ANY kind in the United States simply does not work. Where there's a will, there's a way.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #23
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue

sure it might never work, but its a step in the right direction... whereas giving a gun to every tom, dick and jane that passes a test might help in the short term but is a step in the wrong direction.

another argument that I don't get is that people need guns to defend their country. If some foreign power manages to destroy the most powerful military in the world, do you really think its going to make a huge difference whether you've got your shotgun under the bed? isnt the point of having a full time military so that we don't need the "militia"?

Last edited by Crazy; 03-22-2008 at 04:47 PM..
Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #24
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

DO your research.

Find out what happened to the crime stats in the UK when they confiscated all the guns.

Find out what happened to the crime stats in Australia when they confiscated the guns.

Look at DC.

Look at all the crime stats of the states that enacted liberal CCW laws as compared to those that did not.

Read the Lott report.

You don't want to own a gun; fine and dandy......just don't tell me the 2nd Amendment doesn't say what it says (looks like the Supremes will settle that one once and for all).

As an aside, my wife felt the same way as itgirl did when we were first married; I sold my guns to make her feel better......then we were robbed (no, not burglerized, ROBBED) one long night.

My wife became very proficient with her 4" S&W .357 and Mossburg pump gun, and providentially so, because she used the S&W to scare away another robber in the dark of night a year later......

Like I said....you do what want....just don't get in the way of me being able to defend MY family..........
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #25
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
DO your research.

Find out what happened to the crime stats in the UK when they confiscated all the guns.

Find out what happened to the crime stats in Australia when they confiscated the guns.

Look at DC.

Look at all the crime stats of the states that enacted liberal CCW laws as compared to those that did not.

Read the Lott report.

You don't want to own a gun; fine and dandy......just don't tell me the 2nd Amendment doesn't say what it says (looks like the Supremes will settle that one once and for all).

As an aside, my wife felt the same way as itgirl did when we were first married; I sold my guns to make her feel better......then we were robbed (no, not burglerized, ROBBED) one long night.

My wife became very proficient with her 4" S&W .357 and Mossburg pump gun, and providentially so, because she used the S&W to scare away another robber in the dark of night a year later......

Like I said....you do what want....just don't get in the way of me being able to defend MY family..........
THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #26
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
sure it might never work, but its a step in the right direction... whereas giving a gun to every tom, dick and jane that passes a test might help in the short term but is a step in the wrong direction.

another argument that I don't get is that people need guns to defend their country. If some foreign power manages to destroy the most powerful military in the world, do you really think its going to make a huge difference whether you've got your shotgun under the bed? isnt the point of having a full time military so that we don't need the "militia"?

The problem is....you don't understand the Constitution and The Bill of Rights (I'm not being snide; your comments reveal your lack of knowledge in that area). Read the commentary on the process of creation of and ratification of the Constition and the Bill of Rights in the Federalist Papers; then you will understand the greater roll of citizens and the militia.

If you don't believe we need a militia, then you have already forgotten the lessons of hurricane Katrina........
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #27
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl25 View Post
i just don't like guns. never have, never will. you won't change my opinion there (so save your breath). it's a girl thing, i guess. it's my job to protect my kids from harm. but if you wanna own a gun, go for it. all i can ask is that you please don't shoot me. fair enough, right.
No, it's not a "girl thing". My wife has a carry permit and carries ( and is very proficient with ) a .38 special revolver.

It's my belief that the 2nd amendment is what keeps our country together. The people having firearms keeps the politicians in line.

The citizens at the time of the revolution had "state of the art" weaponry and I think we should have the same opportunity.
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #28
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
ok... here's a question for all those that are anti gun

Does this encompass ALL firearms, or just handguns??

If one were to outlaw every firearm, that would cause far more problems than it would help.

Either way, I say give me my gun, and I'll shoot the motherfucker that trys to take it away from me!
That is why it is not so cut and dry - anti or pro.

I am not really 100% anti but I am definitely not pro.
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #29
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue

well i can tell from this poll, and from everything i've seen on this forum and that the general consensus is pro gun, so I'm fighting a losing battle here. All I can say is the system right now is definitely not working
Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #30
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
well i can tell from this poll, and from everything i've seen on this forum and that the general consensus is pro gun, so I'm fighting a losing battle here. All I can say is the system right now is definitely not working
I'm pro gun and can agree that there is a problem with gun violence.

I firmly believe that a major part of the problem is liberal judges and prosecutors allowing criminals to plea down the charges against them.

What good is the federal minimum jail term of 5 years for using a firearm in the commision of a crime if the "soft" judges and prosecutors don't use it?
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote