Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #21
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Pretty much...I do have a decent job.

HOWEVER if money was not an issue then NO I wouldn't be driving in everyday to do this.

I need my job and I'm lucky to have one that I don't hate and is actually pretty cool at times but I wish I didn't have to work.

Last edited by z06boy; 12-03-2009 at 12:17 PM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #22
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Hate the place I work at and the people I work for, but dont mind the job abd love the money.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #23
t-homo
WSB Champion

Not particularly. I work at the campus bookstore while I am in college. Easiest/most boring job in the world. I love when I am actually helping customers pick out computers/accessories, but 90% of the time I just sit behind a desk smiling.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #24
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

It's not soul-fulfilling or anything, but it's interesting and I look forward to going to work. Plus having a job that can support my family on one income is definitely a blessing these days. I ain't complaining.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #25
WARputer
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2005 Hayabusa

Job is OK.....superiors & piers are cool......but some of the people that work under me need a good ass kickin'.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #26
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

I don't hate work, but I will say that I'd retire tomorrow if I could. I'd much rather be "playing" than "working".
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #27
tommymac
Moto GP Star

In the ER it depends on the docs and nurses I work with. A good attending who leaves me alone makes the night go by quicker (about 70% of them) and if I have nurses who can actualy do work that makes it much better as well. We have 4 that arent worth the oxygen they breathe, a bunch that are adequate (in that they dont piss me off that much) about 6 or 7 that are quite good and about 4 that are superstars.

The construction site jobs are nice in that its relativeley easy/do nothing kind of stuff. And I get along great withthe safety/office staff at both sites. The commutes are kinda sucky but that fact I am getting paid well to do nothing for the most part is a WIN.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #28
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

I like my job and the people I work with. I am good I what I do, of course wish I got paid more. Like others said, wish I didn't need to work at all.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #29
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

I'm happy, blessed and know it!!!!!!!!!
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #30
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Funny this came up as I have been thinking about this ALOT on this deployment.
When I get back I have full time supply technician job with the guard waiting. It pays... ok... Benifits are nice, and hours/schedule are good (and regular). I don't mind this job. My brain works well with what I'm doing, but I don't really feel that it's where I should be, and really not sure if it's going to get me to where I should be either...

On the other hand, last fall I worked with a local famer. Pay was good (same as guard job, more hours) benifits were non-existant (except they paid for my meals). I REALLY enjoyed this work. Operating the equipment, seeing the fruits of my labor, and they trusted me and my judgement to let me make a lot of decisions and follow my advice on many occasions. Basically, they APPRECIATED me and the work I was doing for them.
Problem with this job is that the busy times are spring (planting) short break, mid summer (spraying), short break and then fall is super busy (harvest) well, those are the times that I want to be doing my hobbies (riding and hunting) and most of the time that is "off" I don't have a lot I'd rather be doing.

What I can't figure out is if I liked the farm so much because of the actual work, or more because of the appreciation I was shown. I have never before held a job where my supervisor actually showed me appreciation regularly.
The farmer wants me back... The entire time preparing for this deployment he kept trying to convince me to come back when I get home.
Big thing is, I just can't figure out if I really want to make this a "career". I do feel however that I could become a partner in their operation in a few years if I so desired....

So... it comes down to what's more important.
-Having a job that you love that takes time away from activities that you love.
OR
-Having a job that you can stand that allows you time for the activities that you love.

(both jobs cover the bills just fine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote