Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #21
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Huh
WTF kind of school does your kid attend?
A Texas school, nuff said.

This is what, first or second grade? I never remembered any "lunch detention" or any detention for that matter. More like letters or calls to parents. But I guess that takes work......can't have that.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #22
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Eating punishments, I'd would sue. Taking away a kid's nutrition should never be part of a school's punishment.
Not this... yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I'd be raising all sorts of hell, dude. That's BS.
But certainly this... I would start with a calm face to face meeting with the principal... escalate it with a demanded conversation with the super... and if need be, I'd fucking flip the fuck out in the office cause a scene and report this shit to the media, stage protests, the whole nine... Punishment is fine, but this is WAY too far.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #23
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Fuck that, dude. I'll help with your bail, too
Old 01-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #24
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I just got back from a stern meeting with the principal. No choking, fist pounding or voice raising was necessary. He'll be eating the lunch I send with him tomorrow.

These people have no concept of a child having a life of importance outside of the school. For them there is only school and nothing else matters...its a really weird thing man, talking to these people that are so robotic and fake and their whole lives revolve around these asinine rules. As if learning that cigarettes and alcohol are bad for you is the most important thing that can happen in a day.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #25
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

going against some public school retards I got at least a 20 for your bail.

that is truly one of the dumbest things I've heard. we'll not let you eat a good lunch? stupid.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #26
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

That is awful! But doesn't surprise me having taught in Texas and seen some of the totally retarded practices.. such as no recess and no socialization during lunch. Go make a stink.. they have to offer healthy lunch or let him eat a healthy lunch as per the food guide.

Just read your update.. glad that he at least gets a good lunch. I hated teaching there because of the rigidity..
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #27
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Weird. Not how our schools are down here. Your district sucks, man. Ever consider moving?
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #28
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

That would make me completely fly off the fucking handle. No fucking way is any school going to tell me that my kid can only have a cheese sandwich and a glass of milk for lunch. There would be fucking hell to pay, and it would end up in the fucking news, I guarantee it.

Detention is one thing, we've all been there. Even if its not his fault, I guess its at least a lesson that life isnt always fair. But telling me my kid can't have a healthy meal as a part of his punishment? No fucking way. I'd flip a fucking lid. Hell, I dont even have a kid, and im flipping a fucking lid now.

Sick. Fucking sick. I think i'd be finding a new school for my kid, pronto. And I would make sure local newspapers got a hold of the fucking story too.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #29
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
That would make me completely fly off the fucking handle. No fucking way is any school going to tell me that my kid can only have a cheese sandwich and a glass of milk for lunch. There would be fucking hell to pay, and it would end up in the fucking news, I guarantee it.

Detention is one thing, we've all been there. Even if its not his fault, I guess its at least a lesson that life isnt always fair. But telling me my kid can't have a healthy meal as a part of his punishment? No fucking way. I'd flip a fucking lid. Hell, I dont even have a kid, and im flipping a fucking lid now.

Sick. Fucking sick. I think i'd be finding a new school for my kid, pronto. And I would make sure local newspapers got a hold of the fucking story too.
Odds are that the same thing would have happened at any other public school, in the district. That's the problem with mindless functionaries; they function mindlessly.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #30
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Odds are that the same thing would have happened at any other public school, in the district. That's the problem with mindless functionaries; they function mindlessly.
True enough. But I still wouldnt allow it to happen, no matter the school, or the district.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote