Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #21
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
yeah well that's all I've got down here... and can't see JT having much better... being in Omaha.
You nailed it. There isn't much here for twisties. Big sweepers is the best I can get.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #22
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I'll wait till I get the BMW... and I'll probably just look for ADV members near me...

besides... I already know where the starbucks is...
Most of them ride more than just BMWs and a lot of groups know some cool shit to ride to and will help you out. Had a guy come over and pretty much teach me the entire 12k service today. Valves/oil/abs/final drive/tranny fluid/belts/throttle bodies/cables/clutch fluid/brake fluid. Pretty good day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #23
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I'm usually down to ride when I'm free...but that seems to be not much recently.

Our group of riding buddies while is a decent number rarely ever goes out that much.
i know man, last couple times i tried you and the other wawa boy were owned by work your schedule over there sucks worse than mine when i was still running ranges at dix
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #24
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Most of them ride more than just BMWs and a lot of groups know some cool shit to ride to and will help you out. Had a guy come over and pretty much teach me the entire 12k service today. Valves/oil/abs/final drive/tranny fluid/belts/throttle bodies/cables/clutch fluid/brake fluid. Pretty good day.
yeah I was just giving ya shit...

I don't really have the money to go out and ride right now... I'm try'n to lay as low as I can right now and save $.

this weekend I emptied my storage and used the Uhaul to buy $300 worth of groceries so I could pack my lunch and save $.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:38 PM   #25
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Just because the terrain is flat doesn't mean there aren't any other options. I know a few people who put together a "parking lot practice" where they actually mark a course off and get their knee down. All it takes is a big, smooth lot that doesn't have any security or the owners don't care. As long as you talk to them beforehand to make sure they're cool with it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #26
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

If you were a little closer, I'd ride with you.
I wanted to ride today but hubby didn't want to go for whatever reason.
It is getting colder here and less days to get out. I want to hit 16K before I have to put the bike up. That would only give me like 1k for this season

I have the same problem otherwise - friends don't ride, married, live to far away...
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:49 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I finally found a group to ride with, all about 40, all with sport bikes, all reasonably fast and safe... although the one with 1098 low slide today...

It took almost a year to find the right group and I had to look really hard.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:01 AM   #28
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

I ride every Sunday with the same group. We meet up at the same spot and ride the same road over and over and over again...but it never gets boring. It's like a track day every weekend!

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:03 AM   #29
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Ditto...join a local forum, go on group rides, make friends. Then watch them all get married and ditch their bikes and buds in favor of shopping for dog sweaters with the wifey. Then start doing trackdays with forum buds. Then start dating one of the girls that runs the site, get dumped, and have to quit showing your face at certain trackdays.

Uh, not that I would know.
Why would you quit "showing your face" at trackdays over some broad? Fuck her.

And that chick u dated doesn't run socalmoto.org.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #30
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I ride every Sunday with the same group. We meet up at the same spot and ride the same road over and over and over again...but it never gets boring. It's like a track day every weekend!
See, I ride the same old roads all the time. When I go out with a good group of people, it's great fun. Alone, it's just not the same. The roads are also in the middle of nowhere. So, if I happened to go down all alone, I have no idea how long I would go unseen. That tends to make me hold back some.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote