Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #21
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
I myself have to wait until this ice storm crap gets cleaned up before I can ride again. I was down 2 months waiting for parts $$ and now that I am 100%, I am stuck waiting for the salt, sand, ice, and tree debris to get swept aside. No fun!
That sucks

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #22
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Nice not to have to wait around for ice and snow to clear.

Rogue, have fun riding with Ted Bundy. If you get killed we'll miss you.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #23
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Bundy would pick her up in a VW. This guy rides street and dirt so he can't be all bad...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #24
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Actually he's a pretty cool guy. A bit dorky but it's not like I'm looking for anything other than a riding buddy & friend. (he's forever on the friend's list, which was where he was going anyway, regardless)

The reason his bike had rash on it when I saw it last is because he said he had just bought it that way. He says he got a good deal from some new rider that wrecked it (cosmetic damage) & it scared him off of it. Most of the cosmetic damage had been replaced, then he was involved in a hit & run (I remember a friend telling me about this one, but didn't know it was him) in November. Today was the first time he's ridden since. He's fixed it almost completely to a 100% again...or so he says. He says this is his 8th street bike since he's been riding street close to 15 years (he's my age, which equals OLD ) He seems to know his shit, he doesn't ride like an ass, and is easy for me to ride with. He thinks he knows what's wrong with my rear brake..even showed me. I think he can fix it with very little time, effort, or parts. We'll see...I'm funny about who touches my bike.

I had a fun day riding, aside from almost getting hit & got to ride a couple of new roads...not anything impressive but nice nonetheless. We'll probably ride again, weather permitting.

My near accident: I was rolling up to a light & the dumbass beside me on the left (I was in the right lane) was on his cell phone & crossed over almost hitting me. My first reaction was kicking his car (something I've never done) almost completely unbalancing myself in the process. I didn't really have much of an escape route at that time since I was almost stopped directly behind another car. Then he had enough nerve to act pissed that I kicked his POS car! He rolled his window down & yelled at me, which I returned the favor, along wirh giving him the finger. The light turns green & I go. He pulls in behind me. Great. Traffic is crawling & I see no immediate way of getting away from this asshole, so I decide to pull into a parking lot full of people just in case he tried anything. Better to have him show his ass with others around (witnesses) & off the road to avoid any other possibilities (running me off the road or worse). I was shaking bad...mostly from anger, but from some fear as well. I barely got my kickstand down. I couldn't really move off the bike & didn't want to. I wasn't going to run inside & let him damage my bike. He pulls in & opens his car door (he's on my right). He sees me with the visor up & he says, "Oh shit! My bad! Sorry!"..shuts his door & leaves! What the hell? I'm sitting on my bike, still shaking & confused as to what just happened. I guess when he realized I was a female he decided to back off, especially since there were people watching. Whew! Even scared I would not have backed down. I'm not programmed like that. I was already mentally preparing myself for a confrontation.

Lesson learned. Remember to give myself more space, even behind a stopped car & don't kick other cars. I might lose my balance next time & drop my bike.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #25
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Kick N Run. Woulda been funny to watch his ass get beat down by a girl, but wonder what his problem was anyways? I am always scared cause you never know peoples state of mind (or lack thereof)

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #26
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I hate you, I was gonna ride to work today since it was soooo nice out. I pull the bike out and watch a sand/salt truck roll by spewing out crap all over the road. This would have ment a very fun surface to ride.

I wound up parking the bike and drove my car instead.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #27
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I hate you, I was gonna ride to work today since it was soooo nice out. I pull the bike out and watch a sand/salt truck roll by spewing out crap all over the road. This would have ment a very fun surface to ride.

I wound up parking the bike and drove my car instead.

That must have been a depressing site to see. Guess theyre gearing up for tonights storm.

tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #28
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't ridden since then. I could have, but just haven't.

I would have today but woke up too late to get the most important errands done so I'm at home catching up on some things I've neglected here.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #29
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I haven't ridden since then. I could have, but just haven't.

FooK you
Old 02-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #30
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post

I would have today but woke up too late to get the most important errands done so I'm at home catching up on some things I've neglected here.

i havent ridden since early november

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote