Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #21
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

they want to make it that way in Wis. we will get a conccealed carry permit available to us but if you're caught carrying without a permit then they want it to be a felony.

right now if we get caught carrying it is a misdemeanor.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #22
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
they want to make it that way in Wis. we will get a conccealed carry permit available to us but if you're caught carrying without a permit then they want it to be a felony.

right now if we get caught carrying it is a misdemeanor.
So you don't currently have conceal carry there ? That sux.

That's still way different than a felony because you are speeding...and carrying legally...I'm still scratching my head over that one.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #23
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
this brings up an interesting topic, and maybe it should be another thread, but how many of you ride packing heat?

I am not sure if it is national or just florida, but if you are pulled over for speeding, and you have a firearm it is automatically upgraded to a felony offense.
I'm always packing. ALWAYS! the only question you need to ask yourself. How many?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
DO WHAT ? Upgraded to a felony even if you're carrying legally ?

It's DEFINITELY not "national"...SOB...I've never even heard of anything like that...geez !!

If that's the case I'd already have more than one felony on my record because I've been pulled for speeding while armed. Once for 105 in a 55 in my Vette and the officer was cool although he gave me a ticket...he reduced it to 70 in a 55...let me go to a 4 hour class and it never hit my insurance.

Oh and on the first question...no I'm not always packing when riding but since I picked up that little Ruger I may be from now on .
You will love the little Ruger. I have the LCP version and love it. I carry that all the time. It's so small. Marko has shot it, it's a nice gun!
Here's my LCP with CT LG in a Recluse pocket holster

But I was even looking at this little 22 long revolver the other day at the gun shop. It folds into it's own grip. Say what you want but a 22 will F you up. Not in the big bloody gory scene of the larger caliper but in the long run. Bounces off your rib bone and then hits 3 or 4 more organs and never comes out.

Quote:

That's still way different than a felony because you are speeding...and carrying legally...I'm still scratching my head over that one.
I know when I went thru Wisconsin I had to lock it. So I guess that is the exception to my "always carrying". I'm not going to break the law to do so. But it was with me, just not loaded on my person.

But I'm with you, speeding and firearms aren't related so niether should their offenses.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #24
AquaPython
put it THIS way

yes , legal possession. CWP or NOT -
Old 12-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #25
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
this brings up an interesting topic, and maybe it should be another thread, but how many of you ride packing heat?

I am not sure if it is national or just florida, but if you are pulled over for speeding, and you have a firearm it is automatically upgraded to a felony offense.
I have carried while riding, both IWB and in my tank bag...but not all the time. I dont carry all the time, though I should.

And it most certainly is NOT an upgrade to a felony is this state (PA).

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:25 AM   #26
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
yes , legal possession. CWP or NOT -
Wow...crazy. I've gotten a couple of speeding tickets in Florida but it's been a while and I'm pretty sure I wasn't carrying. Once on my ZX-11 during bikeweek and once in the Tampa/Clearwater area on the freakin' causeway with my dad and my grandmother in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post

You will love the little Ruger. I have the LCP version and love it. I carry that all the time. It's so small. Marko has shot it, it's a nice gun!
Here's my LCP with CT LG in a Recluse pocket holster

But I was even looking at this little 22 long revolver the other day at the gun shop. It folds into it's own grip. Say what you want but a 22 will F you up. Not in the big bloody gory scene of the larger caliper but in the long run. Bounces off your rib bone and then hits 3 or 4 more organs and never comes out.

I know when I went thru Wisconsin I had to lock it. So I guess that is the exception to my "always carrying". I'm not going to break the law to do so. But it was with me, just not loaded on my person.

But I'm with you, speeding and firearms aren't related so niether should their offenses.
Nice set up with the LCP. I did not get the red dot but sure was eying it. I ordered the Desanti Nemesis pocket holster and an extra mag with the finger grip..should be here anyday now.

Cool on the little .22...haven't actually seen that particular one but would like to see it.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #27
Clay
I know nothing...

To hell with the DEagle 50... that's child's play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC0pTqV2nGI

Seriously though, if you're looking at the bodyguard, look at the Ruger LCR as well. Feel the trigger pull between the two. The Ruger has a SWEET trigger.

I carry the LCP only when I can't IWB my Glock 33. I can't say I love it that much, but sometimes you've gotta dress fancy and can't exactly tuck away a bigger gun. It is a TINY gun.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #28
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:

we are 1 of the 2 last hold outs on concealed carry. wis and illinois, they just refuse to believe that good people would ever want to carry a gun. besides our crime rates are so low why would we need it? it's not like there's a murder reported every day on the news here or that Chicago needed national guard to help their police dept. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #29
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
To hell with the DEagle 50... that's child's play
Seriously though, if you're looking at the bodyguard, look at the Ruger LCR as well. Feel the trigger pull between the two. The Ruger has a SWEET trigger.

I carry the LCP only when I can't IWB my Glock 33. I can't say I love it that much, but sometimes you've gotta dress fancy and can't exactly tuck away a bigger gun. It is a TINY gun.
The Ruger LCR is sweet. Plus you don't want a hammer if you plan on wearing it in concealment. Too easy to snag it on something during extraction. remember you aren't wearing it out in the open like a cop.

But I'm with ya on the LCP going damn near anywhere. I've even carried it in swim trunks pocket to the pool and then later stashed under our junk when I was in the water. In the suit, in jeans, in anything. That's the best part about it's small size.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #30
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
The Ruger LCR is sweet. Plus you don't want a hammer if you plan on wearing it in concealment. Too easy to snag it on something during extraction. remember you aren't wearing it out in the open like a cop.

But I'm with ya on the LCP going damn near anywhere. I've even carried it in swim trunks pocket to the pool and then later stashed under our junk when I was in the water. In the suit, in jeans, in anything. That's the best part about it's small size.
I read that wrong and #1 wondered wtf kind of ammo you could take into the water and #2 thought you were saying that you stashed it under YOUR junk. That's what I get for skimming thru and not reading the complete post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
we are 1 of the 2 last hold outs on concealed carry. wis and illinois, they just refuse to believe that good people would ever want to carry a gun. besides our crime rates are so low why would we need it? it's not like there's a murder reported every day on the news here or that Chicago needed national guard to help their police dept. LOL

I hear ya. I knew about Illinois...or at least Chicago but didn't realize Wisconsin was against it.