View Poll Results: who's at fault
biker 19 67.86%
cage 9 32.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #21
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I'm not saying the biker should have been tailgating. However, you can clearly see there is NO traffic in front of the cage and NO reason for him to slam on the brakes. Tapping your lights to let someone to know to back off is one thing. Slamming on your brakes and coming to a complete stop when nothing is in front of you is another. As stated, both are really at fault and that's the way the insurance company will probably view it if they have the video evidence.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #22
deals gap dragon slayer
Addicted to Track

Moto: 2007 Kawi ZX-10R

can we just execute them both for being total db's?
deals gap dragon slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #23
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

We have no clue as to the happenings from before the video clip...

The biker is at fault for the accident....

But the true road rage would have been the biker pulling out a Glock 17 and capping that prick for getting into a street situation in the first place....

Again, we don't know what lead up to the incident, too bad

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #24
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Taters whore of an x wife is to blame for all of this.

Both of them are idiots. Who knows what the fuck the problem was to begin with and then for the biker to follow a car that closely knowing the dude was mad was just asking for it.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #25
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Hahahaha. I love the brake check.

If it was me it would have been over at the push. I'd beat his face in and then run over his bike multiple times with my truck.

Oh. And the riding my ass part. I don't give a fuck if you are on a motorcycle or not. Try to "Intimidate" me by getting on my ass I'll lock the brakes down until we stop or you're eating my trailer hitch or flying through my back windsheild. I fucking can't stand it when people get on my ass.

No doubt about it being the bikes fault.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Hahahaha. I love the brake check.

If it was me it would have been over at the push. I'd beat his face in and then run over his bike multiple times with my truck.

Oh. And the riding my ass part. I don't give a fuck if you are on a motorcycle or not. Try to "Intimidate" me by getting on my ass I'll lock the brakes down until we stop or you're eating my trailer hitch or flying through my back windsheild. I fucking can't stand it when people get on my ass.

No doubt about it being the bikes fault.
100% with you buddy! If you get on my ass like that,I can just about guarantee a brake check is in your future.

I don't know what started it but I can guess that the cager either was tailgaiting or honked at the biker. The biker got angry and stopped his bike and approached the car driver which can be construed as an aggressive act and which precipitated the shove. Then the biker got in the the cager's face again. The cager wisely got back into his car and the "accident" ensued...

Last I checked,the vehicle in front is not required to "justify" it's reason for stopping,it is up to the following vehicles to leave adequate distance to avoid a collision. Biker was completely at fault.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #27
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
100% with you buddy! If you get on my ass like that,I can just about guarantee a brake check is in your future.

I don't know what started it but I can guess that the cager either was tailgaiting or honked at the biker. The biker got angry and stopped his bike and approached the car driver which can be construed as an aggressive act and which precipitated the shove. Then the biker got in the the cager's face again. The cager wisely got back into his car and the "accident" ensued...

Last I checked,the vehicle in front is not required to "justify" it's reason for stopping,it is up to the following vehicles to leave adequate distance to avoid a collision. Biker was completely at fault.
I can only speak for Oregon... but they have two different laws that i'm aware of that you can get in trouble for this move for. 1. Road Rage. brake check'n is specifically listed as a road rage action in the law. 2. not sure what the name is... but basically it's intent to cause an accident. usually for insurance fraud.

and the fact that he fled the scene, and had the initial altercation, dude would be fucked on a Road Rage charge. But then again... in Oregon, the biker would be charged too.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #28
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm a pretty calm driver and I don't get angry when someone makes a mistake. Even when someone pulls out in front of me while I'm on my motorcycle. I just chalk it up to another day on the road. Infact I had a guy rearend me at a redlight one time. I had my bike rack on with no bikes in it and it didn't do any damage to me. I asked the guy if he was okay and needed anything (His front bumper was mucked up some) and he said he was fine. Then we went our seperate ways.

But show aggression to me and I'll dish out my extra strength crazy. My other major pet peeve is when people block the intersections knowing they are going to get a red light. I'll wreck my damn truck over that.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #29
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I'm a pretty calm driver and I don't get angry when someone makes a mistake. Even when someone pulls out in front of me while I'm on my motorcycle. I just chalk it up to another day on the road. Infact I had a guy rearend me at a redlight one time. I had my bike rack on with no bikes in it and it didn't do any damage to me. I asked the guy if he was okay and needed anything (His front bumper was mucked up some) and he said he was fine. Then we went our seperate ways.

But show aggression to me and I'll dish out my extra strength crazy. My other major pet peeve is when people block the intersections knowing they are going to get a red light. I'll wreck my damn truck over that.

I scared the shit out of a woman by doing that... the light was yellow and she could roll forward 2 feet... yet she still did it... made me wait through TWO fucking lights because of her... so for the second light... (I was in my friends lifted superduty... I dumped the clutch and smoked the tires up to about a foot from her door.... I couldn't see her face but I could still hear the screaming over the diesel engine
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:06 PM   #30
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

The guy in the car was at fault for trying to look like a toughguy while driving an Eclipse. The dude on the bike can't have been riding for more than two days if he didn't see that brakecheck coming...
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote