Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-20-2011, 04:50 AM   #21
Razor
Token

Moto: '07 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
If you're serious, do you have a reference for that? Last time I read through 36-2903, footwear in blues had to have laces and there are no laces on my cowboy boots.
Dont have a reference because I have never had the need for it. I've seen it several times, the last time as recently as about a month ago. I'll ask the guy where its written if I get a chance and think about it...
Old 06-20-2011, 07:01 AM   #22
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Dont have a reference because I have never had the need for it. I've seen it several times, the last time as recently as about a month ago. I'll ask the guy where its written if I get a chance and think about it...
yeah well, I caught a female last Monday who works at 2nd AF HQ (2nd AF is over all Tech Training) who had her blues altered to end about mid calf, and was wearing designer boots with about a 3" heal... WTF!? that is most certainly out of regs for 1, and for 2, how the fuck does it take a SSgt to address it when she's surrounded by Chiefs, Col's and a two star?!

what's funny is they're the ones that write our governing regulation 36-2216
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

They were probably thinking you are a tool for wanting her to wear the boring uniform. LOL
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:40 AM   #24
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
and for 2, how the fuck does it take a SSgt to address it when she's surrounded by Chiefs, Col's and a two star?!
Was she hot? There's your answer...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #25
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Thats the question that needs to be answered
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

If she is, 2 star probably bought her the boots. Office fuck toy ftmfw
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #27
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
If you're serious, do you have a reference for that? Last time I read through 36-2903, footwear in blues had to have laces and there are no laces on my cowboy boots.
When I was a cadet, we were told there were only 2 shoes you could wear with blues..... corfams or real leathers. Most people wore corfams because they were easier to keep shiny. Both were issued by the AF, I don't remember being able to buy them from a civilian store.

If it is really true that people are wearing cowboy boots or wingtips, that's bullshit. But seeing as how weight & hair standards are regularly ignored, I guess it's not surprising.

Last edited by Homeslice; 06-20-2011 at 02:09 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #28
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

OK, I just looked at 36-2903 again, and found this on Page 51 under "Dress Boots (Black)":

Quote:
With rounded plain or rounded capped toe; zipper or elastic
inserts optional; no design; sole will not exceed 1/2 inch in
thickness and shoe heels will not exceed 1 inch in height
(measured from the inside front of the heel). High gloss or
patent finish optional.
Other than that, the AFI lists only low-quarters and combat boots as being authorized. I suppose if you found some all-black, non-pointed toe, low-heeled cowboy boots, you could make that happen. Definitely a gray area, though, and one that will hopefully be addressed if they ever finish the rewrite of that AFI.

I don't really see much of that stuff because I haven't worn blues or seen anyone in them in something like a year now. I do get to put them on this week, though.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #29
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
NO... so what the fuck kind of answer is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
When I was a cadet, we were told there were only 2 shoes you could wear with blues..... corfams or real leathers. Most people wore corfams because they were easier to keep shiny. Both were issued by the AF, I don't remember being able to buy them from a civilian store.

If it is really true that people are wearing cowboy boots or wingtips, that's bullshit. But seeing as how weight & hair standards are regularly ignored, I guess it's not surprising.
Yeah you can by the corframs a lot of places... tux shops use them too... corframs aren't issued by the AF. you must purchase them. they only issue the leathers... unless you have special needs, like Honor Guard, or you're fucking the supply chick

Quote:
OK, I just looked at 36-2903 again, and found this on Page 51 under "Dress Boots (Black)":

Other than that, the AFI lists only low-quarters and combat boots as being authorized. I suppose if you found some all-black, non-pointed toe, low-heeled cowboy boots, you could make that happen. Definitely a gray area, though, and one that will hopefully be addressed if they ever finish the rewrite of that AFI.

I don't really see much of that stuff because I haven't worn blues or seen anyone in them in something like a year now. I do get to put them on this week, though.
fuck that shit gets re-written daily by the Hospital and MPF
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #30
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
NO... so what the fuck kind of answer is that?

Yeah you can by the corframs a lot of places... tux shops use them too... corframs aren't issued by the AF. you must purchase them. they only issue the leathers... unless you have special needs, like Honor Guard, or you're fucking the supply chick

fuck that shit gets re-written daily by the Hospital and MPF

Army has been giving out corframs since at least '97, and they have been re-writing the uniform regs like crazy lately. Hell they just gave us back the soft cap