Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #21
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

I worked as a pharmacy tech in HS. Counted pills all day and took shit from angry sick customers that had shitty insurance and thought that was my fault. Don't miss that.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #22
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

1 - Attic rat. Ran wires for low voltage wiring. Running wire in the summer sucks ass when it's hot outside and almost double temps in the attics. New construction wasn't so bad except when you had to walk the boards.

2 - Dancer. Dealing with drunken bullshit on a nightly basis gets old really quick!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #23
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
yep, been there and hated that one.

Also worked in a Wendy's for about a month... I'll never eat there again.
I just had a baconator for lunch.

It will turn my colon into a semi colon.

Worst job?

I have never really had bad ones, but I imagine a gynocologist would suck.
Looking at diseased cooches all day would suck.

Wouldn't it Tommy?
Old 07-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #24
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

repairing railroad track, or drilling wells, both were back breaking suck work

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #25
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I see a common theme in there.
yeah, if you can have fun at the job they don't pay worth shit.

I've had a bunch of bad jobs. some work places were worse than others or only had a few jobs that really sucked.

I've done quite a bit of temp service work the last few years. here's some that have been too hard to block out entirely.

I got sent to a day job to clean out a semi trailer that had been in a wreck. I get there and notice it is the one I had noticed sitting on the side of the highway for the last couple weeks. then notice it was a reefer trailer full of rotten vegetables. had been 100+ degree days in those couple weeks and that day was around 100. that job sucked ass.

another one from a pretty good employer (through the temp service). people in a fourplex were complaining about a smell coming up from under the building. my boss goes and checks it out and it was a busted sewer pipe before it goes into the ground. I got to go under the building and spread about 2 tons of lime from front to back of the building (it was a one level fourplex so there was a lot of ground to cover). that was another job that sucked ass.

same employer as the last one. cleaning out apartments of people that were evicted. there are some really nasty people out there living in very low cost apartments. there were times I wanted to burn the place down instead of cleaning them, would have been easier to rebuild.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #26
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
but I imagine a gynocologist would suck.
Looking at diseased cooches all day would suck.

Wouldn't it Tommy?
we had a customer at the last shop that was a gynecologist. he had some interesting stories for sure.

when younger the running joke was about being a freelance gynecologist then after looking around and thinking about what all the job entailed we changed our minds about that. LOL
Old 07-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #27
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Gyne stuff really isn't all that bad. Perhaps Tommy gets more funky cooters than we do, but a lot of the gyne stuff we get is abnormal bleeding/miscarriages.

It's the large pts, men and women with UTI's that need catheters or old men with blood clots in their pee-holes that make ya' work. You should see the garden hoses I stick in people.

I'll take messy snatch over alcoholics covered in listerine induced diarrhea or GI bleeds that have been festering for days in their disgusting apartments.

Ever smell a rendering plant?

Welcome to nursing...
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #28
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Senior parking attendant in the multi-level lots at Toronto International Airport. Inhaled car exhaust all day. Inhaled jet exhaust all day. I've had a persistent cough ever since. Was in the wind, 300 feet above the ground, when it was -30 out. Most of the people I supervised were lazy 50+ year old immigrants who constantly complained about how bad Canada was, while never moving at more than a shuffle. The rest were high school students who didn't give a fuck.

We had one heated booth; an old bus stop booth with an old electric heater in it that looked like a bed pan, with a bike radiator stuck in it. One of the high school kids who was taking kung fu classes and though that he was Kwai Chang Caine beat the piss out of the heater until it was dead, so I was obliged to beat the living piss out of him for making everyone else freeze.

Then there were the drivers who would look everywhere but where they were driving, while looking for a spot. I ended up on hoods more times than I can count. Several times I had people park on my foot so that they could get close enough to me, to ask directions. Got called every name you can think of while trying to protect the handicapped parking spaces from people who obviously didn't need them.

The only good thing about the place was the hot and cold running cashiers-of-the-world smorgasbord.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #29
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Growing up on a farm - so many things that sucked as a "job". Stone picking, egg collecting, etc. Hell - my twisted parents had us chase the headless chickens after they chopped their heads off [they didn't want them to end up under the porch and forgotten].

I did work at McDonalds for a few hours - that was, until my friend got burned and they didn't have anything in the first aide kit. I took her to the ER and didn't go back.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #30
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Growing up on a farm - so many things that sucked as a "job". Stone picking, egg collecting, etc. Hell - my twisted parents had us chase the headless chickens after they chopped their heads off [they didn't want them to end up under the porch and forgotten].
Waaaait a minute! So chickens really do run around after you cut their heads off!?! And you cut heads off chickens!?!?!?

I would never make it on a farm.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote