Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #21
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Again, I DID get a receipt. It's a carbon copy of the cashiers check. I took both that and the check itself to the desk, told them I decided not to use it, and that they should put the funds back into my account. The teller took it and tore it up right in front of me. At the time I was too stupid to realize this was a problem. I thought she was doing something in her computer to credit the funds back into my acct. I was wrong.

BTW, if I log into my acct, all it shows is the deduction of $800 from my acct on such and such date. There is NO check number listed for it, like there normally is. Even the branch says they can't pull up the check number, and that only HQ can do that. So they're telling me to fill out paperwork to have the HQ do some sort of "investigation"
No silly. A receipt for the deposit. No receipt, no deposit. You dont really think they can just throw it on back in your account without paperwork do you??

As for a w/d having a number, on your end it wont, probably shows up as cashed debit or something right? It wasnt a check, it was a bank withdrawal slip, thus no check number. On THEIR end, they can track through the tellers records the transaction she ran for both your W/D AND your MO.

As for them requesting you fill out the form, its quite possible if they are on an electronic system they cant pull the records. Fill out the form as they request and they can use the date and time info from your withdrawal to see where they gave you the MO. THEN, they can track it through their system, find the MO number issued in conjunction with that $800 withdrawal, as they all have a number, and then check to see if its cleared. Some banks make you wait a certain amount of time to make sure the item hasnt cleared (sometimes 30 days) but usually they can get it all taken care of for you within 14-30 days. Stop pay on the MO, and a refund back to you.

PITA all around for all parties, but its not impossible and they should be trying to help you. Thats why BOA sucks, they forget they are there for YOU.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #22
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
No silly. A receipt for the deposit. No receipt, no deposit. You dont really think they can just throw it on back in your account without paperwork do you??
What deposit? You mean when they credit it back to my account? I never expected to get a paper receipt for that. Technically nothing was withdrawn from my account, they just put a hold on that money. So, all they really have to do is "unlock" that hold.......
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #23
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

So the government guys were lying and the BOA CEO wasn't...oh yeah...that was the topic...almost forgot.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #24
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
So the government guys were lying and the BOA CEO wasn't...oh yeah...that was the topic...almost forgot.
Wrong thread.

I'm pretty sure this was about 'slice's money order and Rider's mortgage.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #25
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I have an MBNA Visa card.

MBNA is now BOA.

I don't use it.
Same here, and they tried to send me a letter saying my credit limit has been cut in half due to "relative inactivity"

Not like I needed it anyway
Old 07-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #26
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
What deposit? You mean when they credit it back to my account? I never expected to get a paper receipt for that. Technically nothing was withdrawn from my account, they just put a hold on that money. So, all they really have to do is "unlock" that hold.......
If thats how they are doing it, then theres your problem.

A bank will not issue someone a Money order or cashiers check without taking it from their account or being handed the cash for it.

They hand you a piece of paper issued with funds that came from your account.

There is no "hold" on the funds, it was a total withdrawal.

(You cant buy a money order or cashiers check without having cleared and collected funds in your account, meaning that if you deposited a check for $100 from your mom, the same day you bought your money order, unless you and your mom bank at the same place, you cant use those funds for your cashiers check or money order.)

The funds that came out of your account went into an account called a General Ledger account, that is dedicated to Money orders and they issued you a Money order based on the funds they took from your account and placed into the General Ledger. Its an organized system of checks and balances. They cant just issue a Money order without having some form of funding for it, and a "hold" is something completely different than a withdrawal.

I dont know how to make it any clearer, but if you had a legitimate Money order or cashiers check, a withdrawal was made, not a "hold" and the moment the funds were removed from your account they were moved elsewhere to "pay" for that money order they handed you. Theres no "hold" to be released. The money was withdrawn. It was used to pay for the money order your dingy teller tore up.

Sounds like you and your teller need some educating on how it works, especially if she just "tore up" a money order. Thats like tearing up a $100.00 bill. Make sure to be nice to your banker if you are trying to get this cleared up, when you dont understand what you are arguing about and are simply insisting they do something they cant, its not conducive to getting their help.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #27
Homeslice
Elitist

OK, well yeah, a "withdrawal" was made. All I'm saying is that I didn't expect to receive a receipt for the reversal of that withdrawal.......Which is why I didn't think anything was unusual when I wasn't given one.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #28
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
OK, well yeah, a "withdrawal" was made. All I'm saying is that I didn't expect to receive a receipt for the reversal of that withdrawal.......Which is why I didn't think anything was unusual when I wasn't given one.

Homegirl at the bank needs some SERIOUS training. What she did is a write up-able offense requiring a need for a retrain. Talk to the manager, fill out the form, if they arent interested in helping you at the local level, take it up a notch and call the district folks or even an auditor, as I "hear" auditors LOOOOOOVE to catch branch folks not going by the book.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #29
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
When I go to the bank they give me a receipt for sneezing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #30
Homeslice
Elitist

I like how they now have "greeters" who insist on knowing what you're there for.