Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Never heard of that one, I get my books and some magazines (who wouldn't want to have the december 88 playboy with them wherever they go? ) through bittorrent sites. Been working my way through the extended dune series
The Dune books ROCK!!! The L Ron Hubbard Mission Earth books are great too! Aldiko has a ton of books but mostly older ones. I read Othello the other day between jobs for example. BTW Derf ever heard of pinch zoom, knucklehead?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #22
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

so wait... you cracked a screen on the Kindle and then bought the larger screen nook!? hope things work out though...

just bought my dad a Kindle for Fathers Day...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #23
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
so wait... you cracked a screen on the Kindle and then bought the larger screen nook!? hope things work out though...

just bought my dad a Kindle for Fathers Day...
Nook has the same size screen, anyway this is what became of my kindle screen

Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #24
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
The Dune books ROCK!!! The L Ron Hubbard Mission Earth books are great too! Aldiko has a ton of books but mostly older ones. I read Othello the other day between jobs for example. BTW Derf ever heard of pinch zoom, knucklehead?
!00% agreement on dune. i tried hubbard once and didnt really care for it, anything from john ringo and davids' weber and drake is amazing though. Im literally dying to see what comes next in the honor harrington series
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #25
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
!00% agreement on dune. i tried hubbard once and didnt really care for it, anything from john ringo and davids' weber and drake is amazing though. Im literally dying to see what comes next in the honor harrington series
If you havnt yet read the foundation series you should. Pretty friggin awesome books by the master, Asimov. I think the whole series is something like 30 books that all intertwine with each other over the course of 50k years, start with I robot (yeh like the movie) and work your way through the second foundation trilogy. The whole series is written by a few different authors and you can easily tell who the better writers are, but thay are all still awesome books
Old 06-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
If you havnt yet read the foundation series you should. Pretty friggin awesome books by the master, Asimov. I think the whole series is something like 30 books that all intertwine with each other over the course of 50k years, start with I robot (yeh like the movie) and work your way through the second foundation trilogy. The whole series is written by a few different authors and you can easily tell who the better writers are, but thay are all still awesome books
yep, I've read the Asimov books in the series, very little interest in the knock offs...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #27
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I haven't read asimov since high school, all I remember is that he was DRY. I vastly preferred heinlien
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #28
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Ben Bova's books are good too...
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #29
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I just put the Kindle app on my Droid X the other night....it's completely transformed the device for me. I mean, I was addicted before with the amazing browsing ability (why they don't allow folders within bookmarks is puzzling though) but now....books on demand? And that HUGE screen on which to read them? It's the fucking BOMB.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #30
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Let me know cause I want to get one of those things (not sure which brand) for Uma for a present.
Amazon just announced the 6" kindle in the graphite color to be released in august (27th I think).. without 3g, it's $139, with 3g it's $189. boyfriend has a kindle, I steal it from him every chance I get