Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #21
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Whats worse here are the idiots in the suv. typical LI suburbanites who buy them to use when the weather is bad. They figure theycan drive the same way when conditions are good and theyre the morons that run off the road and have the roll overs.

Tom
We have those too. I'd imagine everyone does. For some reason a lot of ppl think SUV's make them invincible. There were so many crashes here Saturday. People had no business being on the roads.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #22
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
We have those too. I'd imagine everyone does. For some reason a lot of ppl think SUV's make them invincible. There were so many crashes here Saturday. People had no business being on the roads.
I dont think its as bad in areas with harsher winters and more suburban/rural type ares. Seems people there are much better drivers as a whole than around here.

I did have a nice spin out comming home yesterday though. I managed to save it and not hit anything. People in other cars were prolly like look at that ass hole, I was laughing when I straightened out and wanted to do it again LOL
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #23
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
I dont think its as bad in areas with harsher winters and more suburban/rural type ares. Seems people there are much better drivers as a whole than around here.

I did have a nice spin out comming home yesterday though. I managed to save it and not hit anything. People in other cars were prolly like look at that ass hole, I was laughing when I straightened out and wanted to do it again LOL
I almost got mowed down by a plow truck last weekend in the ice. That was not fun.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:31 AM   #24
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I almost got mowed down by a plow truck last weekend in the ice. That was not fun.
I have had a few close calls with them too, I usualy just curse em when my car gets plowed in though

Tom
Old 12-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #25
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
I have had a few close calls with them too, I usualy just curse em when my car gets plowed in though

Tom
I was in front of this guy on an untreated road. He came up behind me throwing salt down and started sliding sideways....I drove directly in to someones front yard to avoid getting crushed by a billion ton dump truck.

Quote:
Old 12-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #26
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I was in front of this guy on an untreated road. He came up behind me throwing salt down and started sliding sideways....I drove directly in to someones front yard to avoid getting crushed by a billion ton dump truck.
Damn< inever saw the guiys get one of them sideways that def would have ruined your weekekend
Old 12-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #27
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Damn< inever saw the guiys get one of them sideways that def would have ruined your weekekend
Until then I didn't either. Looked like a younger guy driving...My guess is he was relatively new. At that point I still had 3 hours and 45 mins of driving to do....I turned around and went home. Wasn't worth it. Turns out they closed 322 and I-80 anyway. So I just woulda been stuck hours from home.

Quote:
Old 12-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #28
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
No, they're freakin' idiots up here too.

Quote:
I saw one clip a huge oak tree with the wing plow once - the whole truck abruptly jerked sideways (the tree won )

That was about 10 years ago and the tree is still there with a gouge taken out of it

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:48 AM   #29
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Whats worse here are the idiots in the suv. typical LI suburbanites who buy them to use when the weather is bad. They figure theycan drive the same way when conditions are good and theyre the morons that run off the road and have the roll overs.

Tom
We had a 70 car pileup recently, and the only car on its roof in the pics was an SUV with winter tires.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #30
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
We had a 70 car pileup recently, and the only car on its roof in the pics was an SUV with winter tires.
Nice.

Quote: