Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #21
GearGrabinGuy
Been Around the Block

Moto: '02 ZX6R w/ 110hp @ wheel

Iv pondered the same thing as well... and ya know as long as you were dilligent about it you could definatly pull it off. Give it a shot and tell us how it works out for ya.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #22
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

I think you will end up with none to very little in gains and trashed credit in losses...

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGrabinGuy View Post
Iv pondered the same thing as well... and ya know as long as you were dilligent about it you could definatly pull it off. Give it a shot and tell us how it works out for ya.
I was running some numbers today and I think I figured out the easiest/safest way to do it...

I need 100 online bank accounts... I set up each one with automatic bill pay... 23 payments of $0.03 per day on the same credit card. That'd be $483/wk... for 52 weeks totalling out at $25,116 for the year. In return, when my rewards were cashed in, I would get back $25k of the $25,116. So at the end of the year, I will only be out $116 of the $25,116 I've spent.

Two questions need to be answered before I can test this...

1) Can I set up my credit card to automatically accept 2,300 payments of $0.03 per day?
2) If I can satisfy #1, how long would it take before my bank got wise to it and got pissed?

I think I'll test it out with 10 accounts first. That makes it much easier to do and probably less likely to get caught...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
I think you will end up with none to very little in gains and trashed credit in losses...
I'm much to clever for that my friend.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:10 PM   #24
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I was running some numbers today and I think I figured out the easiest/safest way to do it...

I need 100 online bank accounts... I set up each one with automatic bill pay... 23 payments of $0.03 per day on the same credit card. That'd be $483/wk... for 52 weeks totalling out at $25,116 for the year. In return, when my rewards were cashed in, I would get back $25k of the $25,116. So at the end of the year, I will only be out $116 of the $25,116 I've spent.

Two questions need to be answered before I can test this...

1) Can I set up my credit card to automatically accept 2,300 payments of $0.03 per day?
2) If I can satisfy #1, how long would it take before my bank got wise to it and got pissed?

I think I'll test it out with 10 accounts first. That makes it much easier to do and probably less likely to get caught...

I'm much to clever for that my friend.

Bro, your bank(s) are gonna think something's up. 2,300 transactions/day? That's a fucking shitload. Suspect.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #25
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Bro, your bank(s) are gonna think something's up. 2,300 transactions/day? That's a fucking shitload. Suspect.
I'm going to go in tomorrow and ask a bunch of really strange questions and get as much information as I can...

Quote:
It's only 23 transactions per day PER ACCOUNT. The issue would be, do they look at my accounts as a whole on a regular basis or when they look at them, do they just look at individual accounts.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #26
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I'm going to go in tomorrow and ask a bunch of really strange questions and get as much information as I can...

It's only 23 transactions per day PER ACCOUNT. The issue would be, do they look at my accounts as a whole on a regular basis or when they look at them, do they just look at individual accounts.
I see, my bad. I got one question.

Is the risk worth the reward? You get caught or something else, there's no erasing balances.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #27
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
I see, my bad. I got one question.

Is the risk worth the reward? You get caught or something else, there's no erasing balances.
That's the beauty of my latest version... It's my money... All I am doing is revolving my money onto a credit card that's mine... I won't be out anything except what I am charging to the credit card and that will remain paid off via many many increments of $0.03 per day.

This is the idiot proof version, but is also the most likely to get me busted... having so many accounts with such high volumes of low monetary activity might send up red flags... However, it would be hard to fuck up...

The other versions I had thought about involved many accounts over many banks... This would be much harder to manage, but given the diversity it would be much less likely to get me nailed.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #28
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

The more open accounts you have with credit card companies the more it fucks up your credit. Also, there are what, 5 major credit cards? Visa, MC, AmEx, Discover... what else...? You aren't going to be able to open a million accounts with each company.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #29
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
The more open accounts you have with credit card companies the more it fucks up your credit. Also, there are what, 5 major credit cards? Visa, MC, AmEx, Discover... what else...? You aren't going to be able to open a million accounts with each company.
Pickle... read my posts... One credit card... 100 bank accounts.

Further, having lots of credit cards DOES NOT fuck up your credit...

And for the record... VISA, MasterCard, etc are 'types' of credit cards... Brands of credit cards are provided by every major bank in this country... Citibank, Washington Mutual, Bank of America, MBNA, etc, etc all have VISA, MC, etc...

There is really no limit to the number of credit cards you can have anyway...
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/WaterCooler/story?id=411883

Last edited by OneSickPsycho; 03-19-2008 at 10:51 PM..
Old 03-19-2008, 10:49 PM   #30
DLIT
Clit Commander

So now you're only talking about using one credit card? How high do you think your limit will be?