Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #21
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Bla, I mixed up the elf with Caroline (archren), simple mistake.
Rae is way cooler than me.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #22
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The wild assumptions, backing somone up whose post implied its own lack of knowlege, not even getting that person's NAME right...you think the ads in m&f are real articles don't you?

Aside from him getting my name wrong (which I dont mind I promise), you ASSUME we both dont know what we're talking about. I can assure you, you're wrong. Perhaps you need to talk to a doc sweetie, but ridiculing people for trying to let you know that you are damaging yourself is pretty ignorant.

Perhaps I can refer you to my doctor, my teacher, and my personal trainer, as well as any online website that can tell you the truth.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/weight...etabolism.aspx

http://www.livestrong.com/article/29...ries-in-a-day/

Specifically:

Quote:
Significance
If you are trying to lose weight, consuming too few calories in a day can significantly alter weight loss goals. According to the consumer health information site Net Wellness, if your calorie intake falls below 50 percent of your RMR, your body goes into starvation mode. As this occurs, fat metabolism stops and lean tissue and muscle mass metabolism begins. According to registered dietitian and writer Juliette Kellow, as you begin losing muscle mass, metabolism slows ever further as decreasing muscle and tissue mass requires less energy to function, and weight loss slows or stops.
Any licensed health professional will tell you this.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #23
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Rae is way cooler than me.

pfffft. Like I said, I'm in no way offended at being confused with you.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #24
the chi
Forum Coach

And, just to throw a lil more info your way...

Quote:
Effects
Too few calories have an effect on blood sugar levels. Normally, metabolism causes blood sugar levels to increase as food energy in the form of glucose enters your bloodstream. Insulin, produced and secreted by your pancreas, helps glucose get into body cells and tissues, bringing blood sugar back down to normal levels. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, too few calories cause a reduction in blood sugar levels that can lead to a condition called hypoglycemia. Symptoms of hypoglycemia include depression, anxiety, irritability, trembling and heart palpitations.
Potential
Continually consuming too few calories in a day can lead to the development of an eating disorder called anorexia nervosa. According to Help Guide, a nonprofit health information site, anorexia nervosa has the potential to affect hormone production, fluid balance and every organ in your body. Early symptoms of anorexia nervosa can include fatigue, constipation, body chills, headaches and dizziness. Later symptoms can include disruption of menstrual periods in women, jaundice, changes in brain chemistry, kidney or heart failure.

Consideration
An eventual return to your pre-diet weight is a typical consequence of consuming too few calories in an attempt to lose weight. According to Net Wellness, this can make further attempts to lose weight more difficult for two reasons. First, your metabolism is slower due to decreased muscle mass and second, the weight you gain back is fat that requires a high metabolic rate to burn.
But hell, what do professionals know?
Old 05-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #25
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Everything I've been taught from trainers and former body-builders/competitive lifters has been much along the same lines as what Rae has mentioned. I'm not a nutritionist, nor am I a doctor, but what little I have learned in the advanced bio courses I took years ago seem to fit the logic that when your body is in starvation mode, it will hoard fat, and burn muscle - breaking down protein gives more energy over the long term than fat or carbs do. Whether it's your own protein or the protein from another source (plant or animal), the results are the same in terms of energy production.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #26
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Bla, I mixed up the elf with Caroline (archren), simple mistake.

And no, I dont read M&F, and I know more about nutrition than anyone here, save for maybe 101. I actually own and read university level books on the subject (many, I have about 30), and have an actual understanding about how calories and nutrients work within the body. You can do whatever the fuck you want, your body can fucking rot from the inside out for all I care, but dont ever fucking post the shit you do on the subject and then try to question or blatantly say I know nothing on a subject that i've been fucking interested in and studying for almost 10 years.

Its obvious you dont know shit, so dont fucking pretend otherwise. I lived it, I bodybuilded for years, and ate and trained properly every fucking day, down to gram and microgram of macro and micro-nutrition.

I dont care if you only eat 200 fucking calories a day, it doesnt affect me. But dont try and pretend your methods are effective or correct, all because you'd rather be a lazy ass motherfucker than actually do things right.
When did I ever pretend I knew what I was talking about? You've made the whole thing up as an excuse to write a book about how intellegent you are. All over an offhand comment that's not even close to accurate. Keep going though, if you say fuck two more times you'll have rewritten limp bizkit's "hot dog"
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #27
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
When did I ever pretend I knew what I was talking about? You've made the whole thing up as an excuse to write a book about how intellegent you are. All over an offhand comment that's not even close to accurate.

Quote:
backing somone up whose post implied its own lack of knowlege, not even getting that person's NAME right...you think the ads in m&f are real articles don't you?

Two people made perfectly friendly posts to actually help you, then you went off with that second stupid comment I quoted. Nobody made anything up as an excuse for anything, and this whole arguement was the result of your ignorance on the subject.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #28
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
And, just to throw a lil more info your way...

But hell, what do professionals know?
I dont claim to know anything
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #29
torilynne
Burrito Goddess

Moto: 88 Hawk 650

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001940.htm

Not that facts usually matter, but this site says the lowest recommended intake of calories by a man should be 1,500 so eating at lowest 1,500, but more often than not 2,000 calories a day is probably safe. Then again I could be wrong but the fact that he's in got more muscle tone than when I met him from working out AND dieting, is overall happier, sleeps better, and has improved PT scores makes me think otherwise.

I will not spill the drinks-not even a drop, I will not drop the pizza, I will give them the money at the bridge--I am proud to be....a professional bitch rider. (RETIRED)
torilynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Yeah, but are you pooping good?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote