Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #21
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Hasn't old HD riders been saying this sort of thing for generations?
Everyone over 30 has been saying this since time began. I'm sure that cavemen were bitching about how kids had no respect, since they'd all come down out of the trees.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #22
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I know this is probably a stupid question but can a military person get into trouble easier? Kinda like ConAir where he's defending his wife and himself. Ya I know he killed one of the dudes but didn't know if the "human weapon" can be used against them.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:12 PM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
My thoughts exactly. Why the fuck were there 300 bystanders? Nobody could step up and help out? WTF is wrong with people?
Here's the deal though... all the bystanders were probably punk kids like these fucks... the theater around the corner from my house is crawling with kids from 12-20 every Friday/Saturday night... if the same sort of people jump in, it would have probably ended up just adding to the chaos... one upstanding citizen with a legally obtained firearm and the where-with-all to utilize it properly solved the problem safely. That's the story.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #24
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Everyone over 30 has been saying this since time began. I'm sure that cavemen were bitching about how kids had no respect, since they'd all come down out of the trees.
True but each generation has gotten worse and worse. My generation sucks as a whole. Everybody thinks they have "it" owed to them and have no idea what it means to "put in your time". I F'in hate it! The upcoming teenagers are worse than my generation. If we were the nintendo gen (not till I was a teenager) then they are the XBox Gen (since they were 6). They have zero outside the house skills. When I was a kid I was constantly outside playing baseball, basketball, tag, fort, etc. They play bball, baseball, and shooting on nothing but the video games.

Just as I was bitchin about on halloween and people's property. My generation has no respect for people and their property so what do you think they are not teaching their kids. It's a shame and the only sounding voice telling me to have kids. It's quickly muffled by hundreds of reasons not to, so I won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Here's the deal though... all the bystanders were probably punk kids like these fucks... the theater around the corner from my house is crawling with kids from 12-20 every Friday/Saturday night... if the same sort of people jump in, it would have probably ended up just adding to the chaos... one upstanding citizen with a legally obtained firearm and the where-with-all to utilize it properly solved the problem safely. That's the story.
Exactly! I would have totally done the same thing.

What I can't get over is the ballz of these kids to stick around till this couple came outside. And why the f didn't this soldier kick a couple of their asses.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #25
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Four or five on one is hard odds Gas, especially when you are trying first of all to defend a loved one first. Getting jumped by suprise is tough, and by greater odds is just a few seconds from a beat down.

If I had been there I like to think I would have been first in to help, gun or no.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #26
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Well that is true too.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #27
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Four or five on one is hard odds Gas, especially when you are trying first of all to defend a loved one first. Getting jumped by suprise is tough, and by greater odds is just a few seconds from a beat down.
And, they don't all make a circle and wait their turn like in the movies... When you're trying to swat at flies, one is bound to get a hit in. Fighting hand to hand is very different than fighting a group. Does the military train mob fighting?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #28
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
And, they don't all make a circle and wait their turn like in the movies... When you're trying to swat at flies, one is bound to get a hit in. Fighting hand to hand is very different than fighting a group. Does the military train mob fighting?
Akido.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote