Old 10-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #21
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

CoC???

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #22
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Chain of Command.

Most MC's follow a military style of leadership.

It extends all the way to the spacing of the patches on your vest. This is because the original 1%er clubs, were comprised of vets from WWII.

JC
Old 10-31-2011, 10:29 AM   #23
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Yeah I remember reading some of the "laws" of some 1% club, talking about how new clubs can't be created unless they petition to the dominant club. WTF is that about? The whole idea of giving a shit whether another group of people call themselves a club and make vests for themselves is so ridculous I can't understand it. Unless it's simply about extortion and money -- Now that I can understand. But if it's about "Only the dominant club can show their colors in this town", that's fucking stupid. People should be beyond that after age 25 or so.
It's not that they are limiting colors in town, it's that you have to have approval. beyond that, if they are extorting the new clubs, IDK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dReWpY View Post
CoC???
Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Chain of Command.

Most MC's follow a military style of leadership.

It extends all the way to the spacing of the patches on your vest. This is because the original 1%er clubs, were comprised of vets from WWII.

JC
Actually, Confederate of Clubs. I hate to do this, but remember Biker Boyz when kid wanted to make his own club. Yeah kinda like that.

As far as the patches it has to do with the 3 piece patch and when you have name on the top, logo in the middle, location on bottom. That is a "MC" setup and must be recognized by the CoC. You can get by doing an RC in similar pattern as long as it's a one piece patch. However, you should still get the CoC consent.

Further, many times, a new club must be taken under a more dominant club and can be absorbed into the larger club if the CoC or that club feel the need. Again, sorry to do, but remember SOA doing that to a club on the show.

There are tons of rules in that society. rules about talking, joining conversations, riding, passing, everything. I have even seen an online friend go OFFLINE for a long time because his club had an allieance with another smaller club. Well the other smaller club got into a beef with the dominant club and because they had allieance with that smaller club they also inherited the beef. They all had to ditch their colors, remove the logos from their bikes, change the online screen names, remove their website, the works. They litterally had to hide.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:32 AM   #24
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Wait, these clubs actualy ride?
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #25
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

How about people just ride, and fuck hanging out w/others?

Or, if you're gonna ride with others, do it to GO somewhere (like the twisties)......not just to be SEEN or hang out at a bar or jam up a highway just to show your colors.

I guess if I was still in my 20's, there might be some social benefits I could get from being in a club......key word MIGHT.......but even that's a stretch. Why are people willing to put up with all that rules & regulations? Just so they can feel some esprit de corps? Join the military, then. Or get on a sports team.

Last edited by Homeslice; 10-31-2011 at 06:53 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #26
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:

I guess if I was still in my 20's, there might be some social benefits I could get from being in a club......key word MIGHT.......but even that's a stretch. Why are people willing to put up with all that rules & regulations? .
Money...

Drug money... Lots of it...

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:31 PM   #27
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Money...

And the lifestyle that comes with it.

Homeslice seems to think that everyone in their 20's is building a resume while studying for their MBA just waiting for their spot to become open in middle management at a Fortune 500 employer.

These guys get in while they are young. They live fast and hard. If they are lucky enough to make it to middle age, I don't see them pulling a 180 at age 45 because Homeslice thinks it's time to grow up.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:02 PM   #28
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
It's not that they are limiting colors in town, it's that you have to have approval. beyond that, if they are extorting the new clubs, IDK.

Actually, Confederate of Clubs. I hate to do this, but remember Biker Boyz when kid wanted to make his own club. Yeah kinda like that.

As far as the patches it has to do with the 3 piece patch and when you have name on the top, logo in the middle, location on bottom. That is a "MC" setup and must be recognized by the CoC. You can get by doing an RC in similar pattern as long as it's a one piece patch. However, you should still get the CoC consent.

Further, many times, a new club must be taken under a more dominant club and can be absorbed into the larger club if the CoC or that club feel the need. Again, sorry to do, but remember SOA doing that to a club on the show.

There are tons of rules in that society. rules about talking, joining conversations, riding, passing, everything. I have even seen an online friend go OFFLINE for a long time because his club had an allieance with another smaller club. Well the other smaller club got into a beef with the dominant club and because they had allieance with that smaller club they also inherited the beef. They all had to ditch their colors, remove the logos from their bikes, change the online screen names, remove their website, the works. They litterally had to hide.
Weird, I never heard of the CoC.

Then again, the club I was part of (The High Rollers) was a t-shirt club, not 1%er's. We had people on everything from Pan-heads, to MV Brutales. Still, the "Prez" was an old school guy. He had a meet with the local MC (The Free Souls) and got their "blessing", as long as we didn't run full colors. No big deal, we weren't interested in being outlaws anyway. We hung out at the same bars and parties, and there was never any trouble between us. We were a party club, and the Souls were welcome to hang at our clubhouse, as long as they didn't start any shit. We all got along.

Quote:

Or, if you're gonna ride with others, do it to GO somewhere (like the twisties)......not just to be SEEN or hang out at a bar or jam up a highway just to show your colors.

I guess if I was still in my 20's, there might be some social benefits I could get from being in a club......key word MIGHT.......but even that's a stretch. Why are people willing to put up with all that rules & regulations? Just so they can feel some esprit de corps? Join the military, then. Or get on a sports team.
Quote:
Money...

It's more than just money and regulations. There is a sense of community and friendship that's appealing, even though I've never been much of a "joiner". If you're in a MC, even if it's just a shirt club, you have people that will back you up, and help out when shit goes bad. And I'm not talking about fights, (although...) mostly I'm talking about a place to crash when your wife throws you out, pot lucks if you have no cash, and shit like that.

As much as I eschew most MC's, I get where their coming from.

JC

Last edited by askmrjesus; 10-31-2011 at 09:05 PM..
askmrjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #29
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Wait, these clubs actualy ride?

Lots of them do lots of riding... many don't have normal jobs.

Quote:

If you just hang out and ride... just don't do a 3 piece patch, don't patch it in the same design layout as a normal clubs do.

Quote:
Money...

Exactly... but understand there are benefits of "family and friends" with your club brothers, a club house to hang out, all the things you see in shows like SOA.

Further understand boys... the 1% style clubs.

Many require you to sign the title of your bike over to the club. Some even require you to sign over everything.

You don't quit a club. sometimes you can ask to leave but then you're always welcome back.

Your life becomes
1. The club
2. Everything else... ie: job, family, etc

You are asked to join! You go thru a prospect in which you will do what you are asked of, you will not interrupt patched members when they are talking. You are a 2nd class citizen. If they say jump, you reply how high. If a patched member's bike breaks down, you offer yours. You are the bitch.

There are riding rules too, many of them. Hell there are rules for us non-clubers for passing a rolling club.

These are aspects of club life and lots of it has to do with respect.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #30
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Fuck that. I get enough chain of command at work. A couple of clubs down here have invited me to join, I'm not doing it. No way am I paying dues to be forced to go on mandatory rides.