Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #21
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
But when 'more money' isn't an option.....
I really don't have any perks other than they provide body armor and uparmord vehicles that can take S.A.F.

Yaknow.... What would really get me going, is if a company provided me more time off as a bonus instead of more pay, or some award. Gimme an extra two days PTO per year.... something like that. That's something I could really go for. Yeah, pay's nice, but c'mon, I'd enjoy a bit more time off to do things I want to do rather than some piss-poor other perks.

BTW. I agree w/ OSP. I do my job. I do it well. That's what they hired me to do......
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #22
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

the high school that i am a lunchlady for just gave us all free 1 month Y memberships.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:34 PM   #23
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

Let's see, we get flex time and work 9/80's, so I get every other friday off to ride. Stocked coolers about every 2 or 3 weeks.
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:20 AM   #24
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
I really don't have any perks other than they provide body armor and uparmord vehicles that can take S.A.F.

Yaknow.... What would really get me going, is if a company provided me more time off as a bonus instead of more pay, or some award. Gimme an extra two days PTO per year.... something like that. That's something I could really go for. Yeah, pay's nice, but c'mon, I'd enjoy a bit more time off to do things I want to do rather than some piss-poor other perks.

BTW. I agree w/ OSP. I do my job. I do it well. That's what they hired me to do......
This is where we part ways... I already have 20 days... It's way too much... 15 days is about right, but even then I always had to take it or lose it... I'd rather they bonused me that time at the end of the year if I didn't take it... I guess the simple fact that I am 1000 miles away from most of my family and want to ride a motorcycle across the US makes those 20 days pretty good...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:32 AM   #25
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Our work has something with our health insurance so we get 50% off our membership at the Y as long as we go 12 times a month.

salesmen always get some sort of bonus, changes on the owners whim.

as for the time off, it doesn't work well for me. as a commissioned employee, with a base, the vaca time only pays the base wage. so i'm missing sales and thus missing income. it's tough to justify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:30 AM   #26
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

That's one of the MANY reasons why I hate sales... you take much needed time off and it only bites you in the ass next paycheck. when I worked for Magnolia Hifi (before they were bought out by Best Buy) they would take your months pay, including sales... and divide it by 30... that's your daily wage... so when you took time off... that's how they paid you. fucking ruled... but they got bought out. sucks
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #27
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
What, if anything, does your company do to promote morale within the company and overall wellness of the employees?

1. Do you have a gym onsite, or do they have a program set up with area gyms for corporate discounts?

2. Do they have healthy food options in the vending machines or cafeteria?

3. Do they encourage community service and/or volunteer work (and if so, do they offer any paid time off to do this work)?

4. Is there any sort of peer recognition program, in which employees can 'nominate' their peers for a job well done, or for going the extra mile?

5. Does your company do any "biggest loser" type programs to encourage weightloss and fitness?

6. What other kinds of things does your company do to make the work environment one that people WANT to come to, and to promote the health and overall wellness?

7. And if your company DOESN'T do anything along these lines, what sorts of things (OTHER than "more money") would make your work environment a better one?
1. They have a program set up where you can get a lower rate at a local gym, but there are other gyms in the area that have cheaper regular rates than the discounted rate at this gym, so it's pointless.

2. No

3. Yes, there are certain days during the year that are scheduled for employees to select certain charity type activities. You can do it on a normal work day and get paid for being there, rather than at work. The company also has a charity matching program. You submit a request to the company, stating how much you're going to give to a charity, and if approved, they'll match your contribution.

4. Yes

5. No

6. They are open 24 hours and have different shifts. You get to put in a request for your preferred shift. Obviously, all need to be covered, so not everyone gets their ideal shift.
They also give you a 4 week sabatical every 5 years. You can split the sabatical up into 2 parts if you want, but most people take it all at once.

7. Not having asshole, micro-managing bosses would be nice. Most managers at my site are decent, but one is well known for being a prick.

Last edited by Captain Morgan; 04-26-2008 at 03:04 PM..
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:10 PM   #28
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

my company fires people to keep the remaining employees motivated

also they have weight watchers that you pay $150 out of your pocket for

other than that it is WORK FASTER

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #29
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
No perk is going to make a slacker into a worker. I don't give a fuck what the deal is.

As my psych/business prof in school said, "motivation is self-motivation... nothing you say or do will make people do what they don't want to do."
Maybe not, but sometimes, having a prick for a boss can make you NOT want to do your job.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #30
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
morale
GO Army

they give me a paycheck
a small ass not enough bullshit paycheck

that is all