Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #21
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I'm naturally skeptical about any "cause" that people are making money off of.
Exactly...How much did Gore make off of this? Alot...

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #22
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Thats strange, because were getting more and more cold and snow (and I love it!)
The winter of 07 here was cms away from being a record year. Over 415cms.
That is a shit-ton of snow.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #23
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
it was a record here, i forget the exact amount though.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I definitely think there has been global climate change. And in my mind it seems to be happening a lot faster than it used to (based on historical graphs).

I remember cold cold winters with tons of snow. Now, we hardly get anything.
Yea but that's what the woolly mammoths use to say too! The debate isn't over whether or not the climate changes, we have millions of years of fossil evidence and thousands of years worth of historical evidence to prove that it has changed many times in the past. The debate centers on whether or not "we" have caused it to change in ways that it wouldn't normally.

I have seen articles outside of this thread that have suggested that the numbers have been purposefully skewed and that, in fact, the planet has been cooling over the last decade. Besides, I may be the only one old enough to remember this, but when I was a kid there was a global cooling scare going on for a while. Scientists and "experts" were convinced that we were headed towards another ice age.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Yea? Well that was in Canada. What the fuck does Kelly know about Canadian winters...anyway... oh yea. Hey Kelly what part of Canada do you live in?

BTW it snowed here in North Carolina last year and closed the town down for a couple days.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #26
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

When I lived in Greensboro NC back in 2000, it snowed about 20 inches in 2 days, which caused the schools to stay closed for 2 whole weeks Pussies
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
When I lived in Greensboro NC back in 2000, it snowed about 20 inches in 2 days, which caused the schools to stay closed for 2 whole weeks Pussies
Old 11-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #28
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea but that's what the woolly mammoths use to say too! The debate isn't over whether or not the climate changes, we have millions of years of fossil evidence and thousands of years worth of historical evidence to prove that it has changed many times in the past. The debate centers on whether or not "we" have caused it to change in ways that it wouldn't normally.

I have seen articles outside of this thread that have suggested that the numbers have been purposefully skewed and that, in fact, the planet has been cooling over the last decade. Besides, I may be the only one old enough to remember this, but when I was a kid there was a global cooling scare going on for a while. Scientists and "experts" were convinced that we were headed towards another ice age.
I'm 49 and I remember that. I also remember them telling us we would totally converted over to the metric system by 1976
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #29
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

"Global Warming" is nothing more than a money making machine for the govt's that are pushing it. Fact is, it's been warming since the last ice age. Man and industry has an insigificant effect on the weather other than in small local areas. It has been proven that a large volcanic eruption puts more CO2 in the atmosphere than all industry has over time... Mt Saint Helens didn't cause the end of the world CO2 isn't a hazard to the planet, plants live on CO2 and convert it to oxygen. And what about that hole in the ozone layer? A few years ago it shrank to the smallest size it's been since it was discovered. It's also grown and shrank over the years, just another "cycle".

The last 10 years have in fact been cooling and the "scientific community" (that is funded to investigate global warming) and the news have been trying to cover up the facts to keep the money machine rolling. The non community scientists have been saying the sun spot activity is down in the last 10 yrs which is causing the cooling trend. The heating trend before it was sun spot activity increasing. And for you younger folks, back in the 70's they were all concerned that we were approching a "mini ice age" because the global temps were down so much.

It's all cycles, it's cooling now, it's gonna warm again later, and we (mankind) aren't causing it. People in general like to have feelings of granduer, they want to think they can effect the whole world for good or bad. Makes them feel special

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #30
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

EricR. Stop listening to right wing hate filled talk radio! Don't you know that Boortz, Limbaugh, Hannity, et al spray cans of hairspray just so they can cause global warming and make more money saying it's fake???

Delusions of granduer are right. We (as in the entire world) could probably blow up every Nuclear, Chemical, Biological, and Conventional weapon we have and in a few hundred years it would not even look like we were ever here.

Besides if we don't have "global warming" or "global cooling" then they'd be freaking out that we are at a "global stalemate" and that nothing is happening due to man (more specifically the United States).