Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-15-2009, 05:02 AM   #1
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you're an erector set and a bottle of aspirin away from becoming the next Unabomber.

JC
If you think I am bad you should meet Alaskans.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
..... Eventually I woke up one morning so angry at my life that I decided that I was going to prove myself to everyone that looked down on me or had done me wrong. And that attitude fueled my fire!...
Interesting.....

Quote:
...Signed up at a gym...
Very very interesting...

Quote:
.... went to school full time, stop drinking and smoking SOLID and worked my ass off to get the fuck out of that town. 2 years later I had spaced away from most of the negatives in my life, gotten through school with honors, gotten healthier and met tons of new people through a new positive attitude that I had about me. Even saved up enough money to pay for school and buy my first motorcycle!

And then, once all the stars had aligned and I was set up to move to Savannah and start a management job with Walgreen. And I threw it all away and drove to Alaska with a friend in a last minute choice. My mom took my dog, car and bike and paid any bill she could until I got on my feet.

I had a fucking blast with no care in the world. Once I got here I did deal with many reality checks however. Finding a job in my little town of 800 people wasn't easy and I was dead broke with no car, cell phone, computer or group of friends. I went through a low point pondering why I had worked so hard in school only to throw it all away and come up here. Eventually the jobs worked themselves out and I was able to start paying my mom back and covering my own bills. It ended up being the greatest choice of my entire life and I have to thank my mom for telling me to do it and offering to help me. Without her I might own a nice house in Savannah and a new car but I would always regret not doing the trip.

I went home to Atlanta to gather all of my things last winter and then drove up here again with the intention of staying here for a while. It is an amazing place which can't be understood until you experience it. But do not think that this place is full of distractions! You need to be in a right mind no matter where you move. Alaska is dangerous in the sense that people come up here and are free to think and do as they please. Many many many people come up here and completely lose it because there is no reality check. The long days in the summer are amazing and the long winter evenings are gorgeous but tough on the mind. Because I didn't want to live in a big city, I am dealing with the consequences. I am LUCKY to have a 9.00 an hour job in which I work 3 days a week. I live in a cabin with no running water and I share it with 2 other friends. We basically live in one small room. It isn't easy some days but we keep sane thanks to each of us having our own jobs.

My case is unique because I chose to live in a town that profits through summer time tourism, once winter hits it just closes right up. I am so fortunate to have a job and I have to remember that. You could move to bigger towns and find work, but I think you will find more disappointment unless you solve the things truly bothering you in life.

Next winter I hope to move to Anchorage and get a certification in welding or diesel mechanics so that I can get a better job around the state. I sort of refuse to put on a tie and go to work with my Management degree. Some might call that stupid, but I have learned to do something you WANT to do. I hope to pursue that and eventually buy land and own all the fun toys I dream of. But for now I walk outside when its -20 to take a leak and I go to a neighboring cabin to get water, dump or cook. My internet is boosted from my landlord who lives about 60 yards away or otherwise I would be reading a book instead of typing this up.

Don't just up and leave. It can be a beautiful idea to the imagination but it won't do much for your real world experience. Close up the marriage properly and figure out your debts (like selling the house via divorce or what not) and then proceed from there.

Your options for schools aren't many at all. It would either be Anchorage or Fairbanks for your education.

I don't mean to discourage you from moving to Alaska but rather to let you know that moving up here won't actually solve any of the core problems.
Lost interest.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post

Lost interest.
Fucking alphabet.

It's got all those letters and shit.

JC
Old 12-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Interesting.....

Very very interesting...

Lost interest.
Guess that explains GM's problems.

Thank you for your input.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
Speedracer42
Kneedragger

Thats a tough place to be in man. When I was 24 my wife was cheating, I felt like my life was falling apart. I lived in Ohio. The day before Thanksgiving I packed my car with what I could carry and drove to Oregon to my brothers house. In January I was running out of money so I got a job paying a fraction of what I was making just so I could stay. I never went back and have been on an uphill climb for the better ever since. Sometimes you gotta do what is best for you.
Speedracer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #6
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I did it, it was worth it. Very worth it.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #7
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Ohhhh, try feeling the exact same way at 45.

I've only moved 5 times, but have had more jobs than I have fingers and toes. Done everything from testing driving cars to building batteries for the space station. I'm currently opening 4000 envelopes a day with fucking ink cartridges in them.

This isn't what I wanted in life, but here I am, I deal with it and wonder what adventures are next in life.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Triple, get help man.

It seems like you are depressed every time you post.
Do you think you will find happiness in Alaska?
Talk to a professional, dude.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Triple, get help man.

It seems like you are depressed every time you post.
Do you think you will find happiness in Alaska?
Talk to a professional, dude.
I was going to say this. But, with more of a mom voice...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I was going to say this. But, with more of a mom voice...
Was the finger shake included?

But I concur that depression plays a part in these feelings. Doesn't matter where I go, or what job I have. Seems like I'm rarely happy, and usually get bored w/in a year or two.