Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #21
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Not entirely true...

Theres a lot of science behind it, but overall, the misconception that working longer burns more calories just isnt true.

Muscle mass burns calories, the more hard, dense muscle tissue you have, the more calories you burn over time.

So yes, over a span of 45 minutes, you will burn more calories doing 20 rep sets, but will get almost zero actual muscle growth. Where as somebody training with lower reps with intention of building muscle (not talking bodybuilder hu8geness), will burn much, much more calories over the course of the day than the person doing the high reps.

That said, rider, switching your routine will do that to your body. Its not good to fall into the same workout for months on end. 6 weeks is about the max length you should keep one routine, as your body becomes used to it and stops growing because its accustomed to the strain your putting on your body.

Its more complicated than that, but I dont have time to go into protein synthesis and macrobolic nutrition. And you'd be bored to tears trying to read it, because you probabl;y dont care anyway.
Yeah I'm just trying to cut up now. Probably do this for a month or so, then go back to building muscle. Right now I'm not very defined, just bulky. That's why I cut back on the carbs/sugar. As soon as I go back on carbs I'll try out this throwback Pepsi.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #22
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Listen to Apoc man, I gained 50lbs following his and 101's discussions and advice over on CF.

Thanks dudes!
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #23
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Listen to Apoc man, I gained 50lbs following his and 101's discussions and advice over on CF.

Thanks dudes!
Ya, if we had a fitness forum, i'd help out more over here. But I dont wanna fill Off Topic with fitness crap noone cares about.

But yes, I do know my shit. Fitness is very complicated. The more I get back into it, the more i realize how much I missed it.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #24
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

I am addicted to the throwback pepsi. It tastes better, IMO

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #25
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm trying to quit soda BUT I feel the need to at least try this new/old concoction...for scientific purposes of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Me too. But I probly won't.
I'll give it a try, just cause I want to see what it tastes like, but then I'm done with soda again. Water or milk only, with a few beers here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I've lost 6 lbs in the last 8 weeks by doing essentially nothing. I just cut out soda and cut way back on brewskiz.
Yeah, I had gained a bunch of weight several years back. Did nothing more than cut out soda and lost a lot of it real quick. Need to get my ass to the gym this time, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

Thanks dudes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Ya, if we had a fitness forum, i'd help out more over here. But I dont wanna fill Off Topic with fitness crap noone cares about.

But yes, I do know my shit. Fitness is very complicated. The more I get back into it, the more i realize how much I missed it.
I'd be very interested in reading some of that material. Any links? Right now, I'm a fat skinny dude. 5'7, and 145 pounds, but probably 25% body fat. If I were to start working out and get the body fat down, I'd be about 125 pounds. Ideally, I'd like to be about 150, with 10-15% body fat, preferrably closer to the 10 mark. What tips do you have for me?
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #26
CasterTroy

I'm still trying to figure out WTF "POP" is

Dad? are you here somewhere hiding?

Did a gun go off?

Old 01-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #27
Rider
Moto GP Star

A glass of pop? You want me to jerk off in a glass for you? It's soda... farmer!
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #28
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

I can't tell the difference between coke and sprite(except the appearance) so I doubt I'll notice the difference between sugar and corn syrup.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
A glass of pop? You want me to jerk off in a glass for you? It's soda... farmer!
Being in Michigan you should know ...............I grew up there, and all of us said pop. "Soda" was only spoken by East Coasters. As for Southerners, they called everything "Coke" even if it was Sprite or Mt Dew. Yeah that made sense.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #30
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

I have cut most pop out of my diet. Exception is when it is mixed into my Rum or Whiskey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote