Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Charcoal grills taste good, but they put cancerous hydrocarbons on your food
eating meat causes cancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #22
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Lifetime warranty for the win!
Yea no doubt, they're good about that.

My Dad went through 4 (FOUR) fucking CharBroil Infrared grills last summer. I'm actually the one that talked him into infrared because I thought it sounded badass...and when it works right it is pretty bad ass.

Everytime one of them stopped working I had to drive over there and help him load it in his truck....it was fucking unbelievable. Finally, when you couldn't get the 4th one to break 300 degrees, we took it back and he got a conventional gas grill.

Now, I have a regular CharBroil grill and I love it. It pre-heats to 700 degrees very fast and holds an even temperature. I've been cooking on it for a year, so far no problems. Update this thread if you have any with your new one, I'm curious.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #23
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Don't you know? Everything that tastes good causes cancer...
Some things are more risky than others.....

Using solvents without wearing gloves is very risky.......As is spraying paint without wearing a mask...........

So, wear gloves or a mask, you're not giving up much comfort or convenience.

Just like using a non-charcoal grill, you're not giving up much. It might not have as much flavor, but if you use a lot of spice rub or sauce anyway, then whether you grilled with or without charcoal isn't going to be noticeable.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Just like using a non-charcoal grill, you're not giving up much. It might not have as much flavor, but if you use a lot of spice rub or sauce anyway, then whether you grilled with or without charcoal isn't going to be noticeable.
Well give up meat and you will reduce the risk of colon cancer. That's not giving up much either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #25
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Well give up meat and you will reduce the risk of colon cancer. That's not giving up much either.
Sure, if you think eating meat is just as risky as eating synthetic hydrocarbons

And as far as colon cancer goes, it's mostly red meat that increases that risk. I only eat that like once a week or so.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #26
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
I do my grilling in the old classic weber charcoal kettle. It tastes MUCH better, but you give up a lot of convenience.
Agreed, this is the only way I grill.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Yea no doubt, they're good about that.

My Dad went through 4 (FOUR) fucking CharBroil Infrared grills last summer. I'm actually the one that talked him into infrared because I thought it sounded badass...and when it works right it is pretty bad ass.

Everytime one of them stopped working I had to drive over there and help him load it in his truck....it was fucking unbelievable. Finally, when you couldn't get the 4th one to break 300 degrees, we took it back and he got a conventional gas grill.

Now, I have a regular CharBroil grill and I love it. It pre-heats to 700 degrees very fast and holds an even temperature. I've been cooking on it for a year, so far no problems. Update this thread if you have any with your new one, I'm curious.

REALLY?!?!?!? Shoot! Thanks for the info, I thought that you were just messing with me. Mine hits 500 degrees at the grill surface very quickly, maybe, I'll throw a gauge at the lid to check it out. I talked to about four guys that wouldn't shut up about how great their infrared grills are.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #28
goof2
AMA Supersport

One of my buddies has one of the 4 or 5 burner Charbroil infrared grills. The burners themselves still work nicely but it wasn't designed particularly well. It transfers way too much heat to the front panel where the controls are. It got hot enough to melt the inside of the plastic control knobs to the point they no longer actually turn the controls. He uses a pair of pliers to turn the burners on and adjust the flame.

I do like the Big Green Egg but think it is a bit too expensive and not very convenient. After my experiences with Weber grills those are probably the only brand I will buy.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #29
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
REALLY?!?!?!? Shoot! Thanks for the info, I thought that you were just messing with me. Mine hits 500 degrees at the grill surface very quickly, maybe, I'll throw a gauge at the lid to check it out. I talked to about four guys that wouldn't shut up about how great their infrared grills are.
All that happened to us was a year ago, so they may well have fixed the problems by now. Dads first two grills got hot on the front panel, the last two didn't. All CharBroil infrareds...he tried two different models. Not the one you have though, he got the big ones.

105 fucking degrees, 80% humidity...and I'm over there humping a gazillion pound grill in and out of a truck. By the third time we were up there I was pissssed.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #30
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
One of my buddies has one of the 4 or 5 burner Charbroil infrared grills. The burners themselves still work nicely but it wasn't designed particularly well. It transfers way too much heat to the front panel where the controls are. It got hot enough to melt the inside of the plastic control knobs to the point they no longer actually turn the controls. He uses a pair of pliers to turn the burners on and adjust the flame.