Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #21
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
You stick your penis in a vagina, unload some semen into the vagina, and if everything is working right you have a baby.
This may be the deepest level of understanding of any knowledge Smittie has expressed on this forum to date.

I knew there was SOMETHING he understood, and it was only a matter of time before he would share his knowledge with the world.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #22
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
This may be the deepest level of understanding of any knowledge Smittie has expressed on this forum to date.

I knew there was SOMETHING he understood, and it was only a matter of time before he would share his knowledge with the world.
Nigga please.

I agree with Smitte that we should teach sexual Anatomy only with regards to any sexual related course. It is not the school's job to teach kids safe sex, but rather the parents. There is still too much diversity in religon to allow a class as such to continue.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #23
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Keep it to a strictly anatomical level and you'll create a desire to try things out, without equipping them with the means to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
Actually if you teach about it, kids will be more interested in trying it out. But moreso, it is function of peer pressure at the teenage years.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #24
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Well, it's pretty obvious that if you demonstrate how to get pregnant, you should demonstrate how NOT to get pregnant - and if you wanna keep it really unbiased, you simply list the methods; abstinence, withdrawl, and contraception, and list their levels of efficacy.

I think if you wanna get technical, the increased efficacy of abstinence should make it the obvious choice for anyone looking to truly avoid pregnancy, as it's the only one that offers 100% efficacy against pregnancy (unless, of course, you're a biblical figure).

Why can't we just present the facts like that?

Why must we regress to the dark ages? MOST of us aren't as fearful and exclusionary of the rest of the world as Smittie, and actually want our kids properly educated.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #25
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Safe sex is part of having sex and should be taught right along with the anatomy of it. Along with the truth about STDs, and so on and so forth. This is not controversial stuff people. The absolute vast majority of humans will have sex at some point in their life. Totally not a big deal.

101, you seem to underestimate how much teenagers already want to try it out. In fact, I would argue that you could not possibly make kids want to have sex anymore than they already do.

Teenagers are dumb, sure....but they know that sex fucking rocks....so you better make sure they know what to do with that reservoir tip.

If you're an idiot and don't want your kid to learn about safe sex, then you should be able to opt out. But ONLY if you also have the right to let your kid opt out of Math, Science or Social Studies. Sex ed should be no different than anything else in school.

BTW, I feel the same about religion too.... I strongly believe it should be taught in school.

Like Avatard said, why can't we just present the facts? What a fucking joke.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #26
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

I plan on teaching my students about different forms of birth control, what diseases are out there and how to avoid it, including and emphasizing abstenance ( Christian school). I want them to put serious thought into getting sexually involved in their teens. I dont expect them all to wait based on what I have said, but if they wait a little longer, put more thought into it and realize that there is more to sex than simply the physical act ( ie: emotions, risks) I will be happy. For a lot of teens this day sex is seen just as a game.
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #27
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I think the most that the school systems should "educate" on sex is what you learn in an anatomy.
Ok Sandra, I'll bite. What do you learn, "in an anatomy" ?

I started having sex at the age of twelve. My girlfriend was fourteen. Did my parents know, or even suspect? Fuck no. They had no inkling that their sweet blue-eyed boy, was banging an innocent looking (yet slutty for FTW) 14 year old, in the bushes behind the YMCA.

They were intelligent people, but clueless when it came to their children, or rather, who they perceived their children to be.

Schools are for learning things.

Fucking is a thing.

JC
Old 04-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #28
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Actually if you teach about it, kids will be more interested in trying it out. But moreso, it is function of peer pressure at the teenage years.
Seriously, as someone who was once a teenage boy, i can say that health class had absolutely no impact on my interest in having sex. In fact, i think the only thing that WOULD have made me more interested in having sex was learning that having sex would magically get me a cooler car.

And if you wanna talk about "what schools should be teaching", here's a different perspective:

Public schools exist to serve the public good. There is a public benefit to having children grow up fit and healthy, so we get gym class. There is a public benefit to having children know how to read, so they're taught how to read. There's a public benefit in not having 13-year-old girls getting pregnant, so they should be taught what will and will not prevent that from happening. Just as they need to know that 2 + 2 does not equal 5, they need to know that Saran Wrap is not the same as a condom.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #29
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
they need to know that Saran Wrap is not the same as a condom.
I hope that isn't experience talking.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #30
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherri_chickie View Post
In my classroom I am going to put a box. Hand out a piece of paper to everyone, everyone has to write SOMETHING on their paper and put it in the box, whether it be a question or just " hi" That way nobody will know who asked a question they may be embarassed to openly ask. Usually if one kid is wondering something there are several others with the same question too embarassed to ask. You can't do that with your parents..
Thats a really good idea.

Although, in school I could have seen myself trying to come up with the funniest/most ridiculous question I could. Actually Id probably do the same thing now.