Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #21
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
She should switch to vaping and then she could do it indoors, nobody would know a thing.
Oh they would know, aside from this shes a little attention whore
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #22
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
My insurance company makes smokers pay more...and the non smokers pay what they paid before...So it doesnt hurt the non smokers.

Seems fair to me
Sure, that's fair. That is, of course, so long as they also charge more for everyone who is high-risk. That includes fatties, as well as most athletes, motorcyclists, and anyone who is into stuff like bungee jumping, skydiving, and swimming with sharks.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #23
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
15 minutes outside smoking
or
15 minutes in the break room
or
15 minutes hanging out in someone else's office
or
15 minutes reading the paper on the toilet
or
15 minutes arguing about smokers on the internet
or
15 minutes running out to starbucks

The list goes on and on...

I think the bigger issue is that all those productive people who alledgedly take no breaks aren't getting proper excersise.

"Who never leaves their desk?"
That fat non coffee drinking, non smoking, non talking, non shitting cow third door on the left.

At my work the smokers take their breaks and they step out for a smoke when they get a chance.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #24
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Oh they would know, aside from this shes a little attention whore
No they wouldn't. It leaves no smell. All she has to do is go into a bathroom stall and vape til' her heart's desire. You don't even have to wash your hands afterward....no smell.

Even if she runs her mouth about it they'd have to catch her in the act, which would mean entering the bathroom stall....which I think is illegal.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #25
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
But you're ignoring the fact that cigarettes are designed to be addictive.

How are chocolate and fast food addictive? What chemicals in them make your body dependant on it like nicotine does?

So is fast food.

I don't know the chemicals off hand but we have had numerous discussions on this topic.

Avatard's high fructose corn syrup thread comes to mind.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #26
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
So is fast food.

I don't know the chemicals off hand but we have had numerous discussions on this topic.

If we're going to ban things in the name of public health we should ban fat people first. Smokers only smell bad sometimes, and only when you get close to them....fat people are disgusting from all distances, 24/7.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 06-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #27
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Sure, that's fair. That is, of course, so long as they also charge more for everyone who is high-risk. That includes fatties, as well as most athletes, motorcyclists, and anyone who is into stuff like bungee jumping, skydiving, and swimming with sharks.
Weight is coming VERY Soon...

As far as the Other shit...Nah, I dont agree with that.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #28
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
So is fast food.

Caffeine in soft drinks.

Scientific studies have confirmed that chocolate seems to have a psychoactive effect. This could lead to psychological addiction. Chocolate also contains caffeine.

High levels of salts and fats create a psychological dependence; perhaps a certain degree of physiological dependence also.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #29
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
If we're going to ban things in the name of public health we should ban fat people first. Smokers only smell bad sometimes, and only when you get close to them....fat people are disgusting from all distances, 24/7.
You dont have to tell me that, unfortunatley I get to look at them from all sorts of views and angles

I am curious about those vapor cigarettes now. A safety guy had one a while back and used it in the office, he was semi discreet about it since he worked second shift not a lot of people were around but he showed it to several people including some guys prety far up the food chain.

Were on a DEP site right now so they passed the rules and we have to play by them in this case.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #30
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
You dont have to tell me that, unfortunatley I get to look at them from all sorts of views and angles

I am curious about those vapor cigarettes now. A safety guy had one a while back and used it in the office, he was semi discreet about it since he worked second shift not a lot of people were around but he showed it to several people including some guys prety far up the food chain.

Were on a DEP site right now so they passed the rules and we have to play by them in this case.
They're very cool, it made quitting tobacco extremely easy for me and all but one of my friends that tried them. My stamina has increased and I can do an entire 2 hour Jiu Jitsu class now without having to sit out any rounds. My wife and I rode our bicycles 32 miles a couple weeks ago and I wasn't even winded.

I don't believe they're "good" for you, but I believe the negative effects they have on your health to be lower than than smoking tobacco. Better still, they're odor free, don't give bad breath, and are undetectable for people who are being denied smoke breaks.

Even better than that, though I was a light smoker before, I actually vape less than I ever smoked....not even on a daily basis anymore, which is cool. Unfortunately, since they are an effect cessation tool, they will likely be outlawed soon and we will have to turn to the black market to get ours.