Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #21
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Take 4000 units of Vitamin D per day (along with some Omega 3 to help is assimilate) and you will never get a cold again.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #22
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I had to see an allergist to eliminate my sinus problems. Dude stuck me with 48 different allergens and I was allergic to about 46 of them. He put me on some meds and I go in to get shots twice a week. I can go as little as once a week, but immunity builds faster if I go twice a week. At some point, I'll be able to go in only once a month, then eventually will be able to stop the shots completely (but that's many years down the road). Luckily, there is no copay for the shots and they're completely free.

But I feel like a completely different person, so it's well worth it.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #23
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
I had to see an allergist to eliminate my sinus problems. Dude stuck me with 48 different allergens and I was allergic to about 46 of them. He put me on some meds and I go in to get shots twice a week. I can go as little as once a week, but immunity builds faster if I go twice a week. At some point, I'll be able to go in only once a month, then eventually will be able to stop the shots completely (but that's many years down the road). Luckily, there is no copay for the shots and they're completely free.

But I feel like a completely different person, so it's well worth it.
Seriously? And you aren't a bubble boy?
Old 09-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #24
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Seriously? And you aren't a bubble boy?
Not a bubble boy at all. Shit, I refused to go to an allergist for about 10 years. I had tried OTC meds, but there wasn't anything that would work for more than 15 minutes, so I stopped taking all meds and just dealt with it. It was simply part of my life to be stuffed up, miserable and sneezing about 100 times a day. I finally gave in this year and wish I'd done so ten years ago.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #25
derf
token jewboy

Ok Captain bubbleish boy
Old 09-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #26
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobuny View Post
Go to the DOCTOR!

Especially if this is something you have never had before. Self medication is ok if you are a frequent flier but for something new medical evaluation is the preferred treatment of choice. They will diagnose you accurately and give you something to help.....i.e. antibiotics if it is an infection, antihistamine if its allergies, steroid spray if its engorged tissues, etc.

Afrin will make it worse if you use it constantly.......you develop a tolerance and have rebound problems when you try to get off the stuff. Think of what you have right now and multiply it by 10. The stuff is addicting and difficult to wean off of cause it make you soo miserable. Follow the instructions exactly and use in moderation.

Been dealing with this crap for years but can't diagnose over the computer. I know, it sucks!
Not difficult at all, at least not for me. Then again my wallet always defeats any cravings I usually cut it with water after it gets to a half/3/4 I can usually get 5-6 bottles worth out of a single bottle of afrin before its not effective enough to let me sleep. Haven't needed it for months though
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #27
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobuny View Post
Go to the DOCTOR!

Especially if this is something you have never had before. Self medication is ok if you are a frequent flier but for something new medical evaluation is the preferred treatment of choice. They will diagnose you accurately and give you something to help.....i.e. antibiotics if it is an infection, antihistamine if its allergies, steroid spray if its engorged tissues, etc.

Afrin will make it worse if you use it constantly.......you develop a tolerance and have rebound problems when you try to get off the stuff. Think of what you have right now and multiply it by 10. The stuff is addicting and difficult to wean off of cause it make you soo miserable. Follow the instructions exactly and use in moderation.

Been dealing with this crap for years but can't diagnose over the computer. I know, it sucks!
Shit, I almost NEVER go to the doctor. Going to the allergist this year was the first time I'd been to a doctor in probably 5 years. If I get sick, I just call in to work and stay in bed for 3 or 4 days, drink OJ, and maybe take some OTC drugs. I figure my body will clear that shit up on it's own and it rarely ever fails me.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #28
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
I can't use these. For some reason anything that you have to pour or even spray while tilting my head to get it to drain through, won't.

Either it's the congestion when I'm sick or my nose somehow is closed up in the inside.
When it starts coming out of your mouth a little, just blow snot rockets... That's what I do... Sometimes it will drain from the left side, but not the right and I have to force the issue. Like I said, those things are fucking nasty and pretty brutal, but when you're done you feel like a million bucks. I've avoided a number of sinus infections by flushing as soon as I start getting that feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Shit, I almost NEVER go to the doctor. Going to the allergist this year was the first time I'd been to a doctor in probably 5 years. If I get sick, I just call in to work and stay in bed for 3 or 4 days, drink OJ, and maybe take some OTC drugs. I figure my body will clear that shit up on it's own and it rarely ever fails me.
Me too. The only time I go to a doctor is when I get an infection of some sort... sinus or ear infection. Otherwise, for any sort of cold or whatever, they want to dump you full of antibiotics. I prefer to use my drugs recreationally thank you.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:28 AM   #29
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
This is day 3, ive tried 3 different nasal sprays, pills and a few home remedies. I'm contemplating shooting myself in the sinuses, the hole should relieve the pressure
Have them run you through the gas chamber, that always cleared everyone up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
3 or 4 shots of Jack should clear things right up. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
I prefer Jim Beam for this purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #30
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Have them run you through the gas chamber, that always cleared everyone up.
CS doesnt really bother me other than make my eyes water. First time I got gassed I just stood there, then a DS gave me a swift knock on my stomache to make me breathe and after I got up I just stood there and looked at him like I was lost.

What really bothers me is those glade plug in air fresheners, they give me a nasty headache