Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #21
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I have tried a few of the alternate MP3 players out there and have been very dissapointed, but the ipod line really hasnt let me down too much. Granted my experience is based on the original shuffle, a gen 5 classic and the last gen nano. I lost the shuffle, the gen 5 worked great until I started to need something smaller which is why I bought the nano, and now I cant seem to find the gen 5, and now the nano which I destroyed in the washing machine and dryer. Overall it is a very user friendly product, and pretty durable.

Really what I see the ipods have over the competition is the memory size, and ease of use of the actual music player. Itunes software is a whole nother story all together, it blows donkey balls.

I also include in my assessment the aftermarket support of a product.
When I was looking for an MP3 player I thought about it for a second, but my Zen had the same memory and half the price. It also has a radio which the Ipod of the time didn't have (I don't like the radio so I it doesn't matter but its a feature that the Ipod of the time didn't have. And it worked well.)

And its no harder to use then an Ipod. And as far as Ipods being easy to use I don't feel they are that easy until you are shown how to use them. I sold electronics an people didn't seem to know how to use them without a demo. The Touch is a little better.

As far as memory my Zen has an SD slot so I can upgrade the memory. The only problem is I have to check it on its own. It just won't see all music/pictures/videos. If I knew this I would have bought the Zen with the larger drive. Now on the Archos 43 it has and SD slot that the player read on its own. If you look at your music it will show you whats on the card and on the drive. This is something that you can't get with an Apple product and I'm willing to bet that you might not ever be able to.

What Apple has is the after market support. You get Ipod pockets in yoga pants, docks, cases and so on. Other mp3 players are hurting when it comes to after market products.

I don't really like the Android but I think it has a chance to hurt Apple. So many companies are using it. If enough companies start using it they should move to a standard Ipod like connection. That would allow a dock to be made that would support multiple players. This could help them and hurt Apple.

As far as Itunes goes that is a pain in the ass. I have used it a bit and I don't like the program at all. What I do like is the ease of buying music on the Iphone/Touch if you do buy music. My sister likes to get Itunes cards as gifts and every now and then she will buy some old song we were talking about. But with that said we can also just jump on Youtube on them or on my Blackberry and play the song there. But that is one good thing I can say about Itunes.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #22
Flexin
AMA Supersport

This could be my next player. http://www.archos.com/products/ta/ar...try=ca&lang=en In a way I don't know why I want to go to a player as big as a Touch when I use them in the gym and in construction equipment.

Oh one thing I LOVE about the Ipod Touch is the kinda Jukebox view of of the music. The one with the Album/CD covers. The Archos 43 has something like this, I haven't tried it but from picture it looks like the next best thing. I still like the way the Ipod Touch does it but the Archos is a step in the right direction I think.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #23
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I totally agree that the standalone mp3 player is on its way out, problem with android is that I havnt found a music player that I really like yet.

I tried mixzing, but most of my music is obtained through other sources and not labeled correctly, it played some music but left whole albums off.

Cubed was buggy and would play whole genres of music when I asked for a specific song

Merdian is good but I had to force close constantly, and when it did work, it kept turning my screen on leaving me with at most 2 hours of battery life

If anyone knows an easy to use and stable android music player I would be grateful. I am planning on a new phone sometime this month, gonna get a 32gb sd card so I can keep a decent amount of music on it. I would like to be able to hook my phone up to a BT helmet set like the sena that trip reccomends
Old 03-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #24
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
I totally agree that the standalone mp3 player is on its way out, problem with android is that I havnt found a music player that I really like yet.

I tried mixzing, but most of my music is obtained through other sources and not labeled correctly, it played some music but left whole albums off.

Cubed was buggy and would play whole genres of music when I asked for a specific song

Merdian is good but I had to force close constantly, and when it did work, it kept turning my screen on leaving me with at most 2 hours of battery life

If anyone knows an easy to use and stable android music player I would be grateful. I am planning on a new phone sometime this month, gonna get a 32gb sd card so I can keep a decent amount of music on it. I would like to be able to hook my phone up to a BT helmet set like the sena that trip reccomends
I think I've got a cyanogen tweeked version of the stocker that's great for the volume button shuffle. Miui was alright too
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:12 AM   #25
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:

I use Winamp on my Droid X. So far so good. The shoutcast streaming is an added bonus.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #26
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

I have a Zune, fuck Apple.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #27
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I think I've got a cyanogen tweeked version of the stocker that's great for the volume button shuffle. Miui was alright too
Cyanogen made my phone freeze. I have one of the weaker android based phones out there now. It was a mid grade phone a year and a half ago when I got it, its crap now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I use Winamp on my Droid X. So far so good. The shoutcast streaming is an added bonus.
Didnt know win amp had an app for android
Old 03-30-2011, 02:44 AM   #28
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Cyanogen made my phone freeze. I have one of the weaker android based phones out there now. It was a mid grade phone a year and a half ago when I got it, its crap now.

Didnt know win amp had an app for android
yeah im not crazy about how much crap is stuffed into cyanogen. i think thats where dew pulled the music player though
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:21 AM   #29
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Shit, my first gen iPod is still going strong. Anecdotes work both ways, I guess.
Me too. The ex bought me one 5 or 6 years ago. Use it riding and used to run with it until I bought my iPhone. Its just now starting to lose battery life.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:34 AM   #30
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Ummmm...
So they weren't able to convince the Judge that Jobs medical condition was serious enough that he could not answer a couple of questions? Or was it a timing issue?

I personally think the lawsuit should be chucked out the window.
So should the lawsuits against Microsoft have been tossed out the Windows(tm) too? Funny how people generally get down on "the evil empire", but give Jobs a pass for the same predatory business practices.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote