Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #21
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The pole may be at the end of the cul de sac, but anyone playing basketball would be all over the cul de sac effecting the other people that lived in that cul de sac. If I lived in that cul de sac, I would want it gone too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Perhaps, but it sounded like the person, who complained, was at the far end of the street. Sounds like the same sort of neighbourhood busy body who makes everyone's life hell, just because he or she doesn't enjoy life.

Don't get me wrong; I get pissed off when my neighbours' kids are playing in the parking lot, when everyone is trying to get in and park after work, but this seems like quite a different situation from having a bunch of toys dumped in my parking space.

You are both bad people, why would you be angry at some kids playing in the street? If they dont get out the way of your car tell their parents, if they still dont get out the way, hit them/
Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #22
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
... like hockey.
Exactly. Some people have seriously ostracized themselves from local neighborhoods around here because they were complaining about and trying to have road hockey banned. Now, they have road hockey and a neighborhood full of people who dislike them.

Some of the politicians came right out and said, "Get fucked". It's giving kids something to do that doesn't involve crime or being overweight.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Exactly. Some people have seriously ostracized themselves from local neighborhoods around here because they were complaining about and trying to have road hockey banned. Now, they have road hockey and a neighborhood full of people who dislike them.

Some of the politicians came right out and said, "Get fucked". It's giving kids something to do that doesn't involve crime or being overweight.
Apparently the PO of our house was that lady. Were slowly finding that out from some of the neighbors. Kids are sometimes out playing sports in the street here but the pavement is terrible so hockeys not even a thought untill its fixed.

Kids here are prety respectful, they move when a car comes and if a ball goes in the yard they ask if they can go get it.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Perhaps, but it sounded like the person, who complained, was at the far end of the street. Sounds like the same sort of neighbourhood busy body who makes everyone's life hell, just because he or she doesn't enjoy life.

Don't get me wrong; I get pissed off when my neighbours' kids are playing in the parking lot, when everyone is trying to get in and park after work, but this seems like quite a different situation from having a bunch of toys dumped in my parking space.
He may have just been in another cul de sac or someone on a main street may have had one blocking him. They took a lot of goals, because of his complaint, not just the one in the video. Probably to enforce his complaint, they had to do it throughout the neighborhood of all those that had them.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
You are both bad people, why would you be angry at some kids playing in the street? If they dont get out the way of your car tell their parents, if they still dont get out the way, hit them/
Cause I am an impatient son of a bitch who doesn't give a fuck what the neighbors think. If they are bothering me and breaking laws/HOA rules, I will bust them.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post

The people that complain usually don't associate with the people they are complaining on anyway, so they don't care if people they already hate dislike them.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #27
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Cause I am an impatient son of a bitch who doesn't give a fuck what the neighbors think. If they are bothering me and breaking laws/HOA rules, I will bust them.
From the video my understanding was that there was nothing against the rules, the guy complained and the dot removed them because there were no rules for or against them, only that they created a nucense
Old 04-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #28
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1287...ryon-short.htm

And actually, to me, it is clear that the pole was in violation. Here's the statute, in question:

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/decode/17/5/525

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/

Last edited by Papa_Complex; 04-04-2011 at 10:18 AM..
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #29
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Damn kids and their wanting to play outside. Why can't they be like "normal" kids and sit inside playing video games and eating cheeseburgers?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #30
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Damn kids and their wanting to play outside. Why can't they be like "normal" kids and sit inside playing video games and eating cheeseburgers?
Or play on an actual basketball court, instead of in the street? For most, even in rural communities, that's an option.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote