Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 05-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #21
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I'm just tired of everyone multitasking while they drive. And, I don't just mean phones - I mean eating that hamburger, doing paperwork and all the other crap people are so busy doing other than driving.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #22
fujimoh
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR 1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I'm actually surprised that Florida wasn't rated the lowest. After seeing what little it takes to get a license here (essentially driving in a circle in an enclosed parking lot and parking between two cones), I'm surprised the highways and byways aren't 24 hours of bloody carnage.
Try driving in Panama City between the early bird special hours of 4 to 6. When I first moved here I thought they had developed a remote control system. Then I started making out the blue hair looking thru the steering wheel
fujimoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #23
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujimoh View Post
Try driving in Panama City between the early bird special hours of 4 to 6. When I first moved here I thought they had developed a remote control system. Then I started making out the blue hair looking thru the steering wheel
It's scary. They go dangerously slow as well.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #24
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujimoh View Post
Hmm, those early hours are mostly 20 or 30-somethings in any place I've lived in.

The retired's usually don't appear until 9:30 or so (after all the normal people have arrived at work).
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #25
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
They always are and not just in this subject!!!

I'm all fine for testing and shit. But let's face it, most of society can't do it. Look at the current cars...

They can't backup without sensors, beeps, and cameras.
They can't check their blind spots without the car doing it for them and give them a warning light.
They can't parrellel park either so now they rely on the car to do it for them.
They can't pay attention to the road and stoping vehicles in front of them, so now the car will stop for them.
And my favorite I've noticed is, they can't drive manual stick shifts so the dealers do F'in stock them. Then look at me like I've sprouted a 3rd head when I tell them, it's a true drivers car with a stick.

Let's face it, society is F'in stupid and are making themselves stupider. At this point they are so stupid they don't even realize what they are doing to themselves.
We had to special order our car in stick. Remember when it was called "standard" because it was, well, STANDARD?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #26
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Three problems Ive been seeing lately.

1. People waiting for a green to turn right.

2. People too stupid to memorize a 4-way intersection light sequence so they know when to go on the turn around. Its not fucking hard to remember. A line of cars form because dumbass in the front is too fucking stupid to see which lane of cars are moving to see if they're going to be turning left in front of the turn around that they are in.

3. Nobody honks any more to tell dumbass in front to go. I dont give a shit if its rude. Get the fuck out of the way if you're too god damn stupid to see that no one is coming.

Last edited by Rangerscott; 05-30-2011 at 10:40 AM..
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #27
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Hmm, those early hours are mostly 20 or 30-somethings in any place I've lived in.

The retired's usually don't appear until 9:30 or so (after all the normal people have arrived at work).
4-6pm when all the restaurants in FL have their "early bird" dinner discounts to attract old people, not 4-6am. Old people eat dinner early as hell and they are cheap too so they will get out their in their 10 year old, 10k mile Buick, Lincoln, or Chrysler and play bumper cars with rush hour traffic.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Three problems Ive been seeing lately.

One big problem with the driving test is that its too easy and way irrelivant. The last DMV test I took, just about a decade ago for my M endorsment, the written exam was very focused on alcohol, in fact 1/2 of the test was about alcohol. 1/4 was about road signs and 1/4 was about motorcycling. Ok so whatever, the alcohol thing doesnt really apply to me, i'm a light weight, one drink yeh I can still drive fine, any more than that and I wouldnt even risk it. The DMV says that I should be good for 3!?!?

Having driven in holland though, and seen their driving test first hand I can tell you that a longer better and annually scheduled test wont fix shit. They take their driving test every decade, which consists of an hour long 85 question written test covering danger signs, and driving theory. Then once you pass that you take (for the initial liscense) a 40 hour driving class, and a 4 hour driving test. People there drive just as bad as people here. its just human nature to fuck things up.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #29
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
That just happened to me last night, except I was making a left and the other guy was making a right. He's the one that pulled into MY lane. I know how to turn and know which lane I'm supposed to be in. I said outloud, "There are two lanes, we each get the closest one to us. Stay the fuck in your lane, jackass!"

Awhile back, I was on a one way street, turning left onto another one way street. The weather was nice so the windows were down in my car and the car next to me, which had a woman driver. As I turned left at the stop light, I heard her say, "I'm pretty sure you can't turn left on a red light." Um, it's one way to one way, so yes, I can. Learn the rules.
I would think since he is turning right on a green he has the right of way and can use either lane. If a semi is turning right, he cannot make it into the right lane.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #30
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
They always are and not just in this subject!!!

I'm all fine for testing and shit. But let's face it, most of society can't do it. Look at the current cars...

They can't backup without sensors, beeps, and cameras.
They can't check their blind spots without the car doing it for them and give them a warning light.
They can't parrellel park either so now they rely on the car to do it for them.
They can't pay attention to the road and stoping vehicles in front of them, so now the car will stop for them.
And my favorite I've noticed is, they can't drive manual stick shifts so the dealers do F'in stock them. Then look at me like I've sprouted a 3rd head when I tell them, it's a true drivers car with a stick.

Let's face it, society is F'in stupid and are making themselves stupider. At this point they are so stupid they don't even realize what they are doing to themselves.
It has nothing to do with safety, but rather something marketing can push to sell cars; OR government regulation designed to promote the corporate welfare.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote