Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #21
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Ionly Iuse Imy Icell Ifor Icalls I& Ithe Ioccasional Itexts I& Isee Ino Ineed Ifor Ia Idata Iplan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #22
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
The wife wants a blackberry so we might switch from Verizon to AT&T just to get the iPhone. Not sure why a stay at home mom needs a smart phone, but she wants one and I'm a douche for letting her get what she wants.

Awww.... I'm a SAHW and my hubby just upgraded me to a Blackberry. Most of my friends don't live near here so it helps me stay in touch with them without having to park my ass all day on the couch in front of the laptop.
I'm in LOVE with BBMessenger now too!

However, I went from an EnV to the Curve and I HATE the small buttons. Imma have to replace my 'delete' key soon, I hit it so often. Gah!

I'm thinkin' of going over to play with the Storm and see if I like that better, but I like having real keys to push, so I dunno. I'm so confused
Old 06-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #23
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Considering that if you have a cellphone you already know what time it is, making a wristwatch redundant......So yes, I'd say a wristwatch is much more about image than a phone is. Especially when the top watches cost $20K or more. How many phones cost that much?
I can check the time on my expensive luxury watch much more discreetly than you can check the time on your billboard-sized iPhone.

Image, 'slice, admit it.

shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #24
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
My hunch is that most Apple criticism comes from people who ought to take a look in the mirror. Why? Because I'm betting the only reason they bash Apple so much is because it's THEY who care about image & attention, and are mad that their Motorola isn't giving them any. So they accuse iPhone owners of having the image problem. Basic reverse psychology.

Typical "they're just jealous they don't have one" mentality. You didn't state that, but your comments parallel that thinking.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #25
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

The iPhone is really great for people who don't know anything about phones. It's easy to use and with all those commercials, I can actually figure it out.

(I don't have one though, I have the iPod Touch)
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #26
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post

Typical "they're just jealous they don't have one" mentality. You didn't state that, but your comments parallel that thinking.

Consider this: If non-iPhone owners really don't care about attention, why do they care that iPhone owners are getting it?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #27
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
The iPhone is really great for people who don't know anything about phones. It's easy to use and with all those commercials, I can actually figure it out.

(I don't have one though, I have the iPod Touch)

wut?

WHY DIDN"T YOU SAY SOMETHING!!! I would have hooked you up with a cheatsheet a long time ago.

Here is section I.

Step one: Place phone in hand
Step two: dial number
Step three: hit send
Step four: Quickly move hand with phone in it to ear, keypad first.

Next time sweetie...don't sit there in silence.

Reach out for help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #28
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:

Consider this: If non-iPhone owners really don't care about attention, why do they care that iPhone owners are getting it?
I don't think most non-iPhone people care about them "getting attention", I think they are just annoyed with the iPhone owners' "look at me" and "i'm one of the cool kids" behavior. /SHRUG
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #29
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

Quote:
I don't think most non-iPhone people care about them "getting attention", I think they are just annoyed with the iPhone owners' "look at me" and "i'm one of the cool kids" behavior. /SHRUG

I guess it goes against the grain, but I know 5 iPhone owners and none of them act this way. Most of them are jazzed to show me the cute apps they have on the phone and I admit, they're fun to play! I have Verizon so no fun games for me to play. But it's all good.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #30
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Maybe I'm just not a very approachable guy, but I've never had a stranger come up to me and say "Check out what my cool iPhone can do"

My guess is, you guys look at how the media portrays iPhone owners, as being trendy metrosexuals etc. etc., and you assume that to be reality.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote