Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #21
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Diva View Post
Very sorry to hear this. Remember all the good times and may it bring smiles to your faces as you deal with this difficult time. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Very true.

That's way too young. I'll say prayers for the entire family. Please accept my sincere condolances.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #22
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Sorry to hear this Porkchop. You have Erik and my sympathy.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #23
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

So sorry hon...RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #24
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Sorry for your loss. RIP

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #25
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

All of you have my most sincere thoughts.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #26
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Ohh.. that sucks.. I'm sorry. You're all in my thoughts.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #27
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Thanks to all of the responses, i have passed them on to the family.

But now that I have some time to actually sit and think, I thought i might explain a little bit. As you could see my dad was 46, about to be 47 in August. Lets just say my bloodline wasnt dealt the best of genetics to begin with. His father died of a heart attack when he was 11, and his mother died a month before I was born at 53, also of a heart attack. So he, and i havnt been dealt the best of hands off the draw. About 20 years ago he was diagnosed with cancer (Hodgkins). He ended up beating that after much treatment. About ten years ago he had his first heart attack in the infield at Martinsville speedway during a Nascar race. It was a major attack in a minor artery. Three years later he had another heart attack at home, this one being a minor heart attack in a major artery. (Being that he only thought it was chest pains.) But through it all his lifestyle has cleaned up a bit of recent, it will be three years this week that he stopped smoking, eating much better all along, and exercizing.

Friday morning about 2:30 my mom woke up to what she thought was snoring... he was a loud snorer! She bumped him to get him to stop and when he didnt respond, she realized the breathing was irratic and labored. By the time she had turned the light on, called 911, and woken my brother.... he had ceased breathing. Unfortunatly he was on his side, and if they rolled him over he was dangerously close to the edge. So my poor mother with dermata-myositis and little brother had to get my dad to the floor to perform cpr. I unfortunatly was 20 minutes away with friends, and by the time i had gotten home the paramedics were there and working. At the time I didnt know, and even later i didnt, but I now know my dad had passed before i arrived home. They took him to Doctor West, and did a sonogram to check for any movement in the heart, but it did not want to restart. We requested that no autopsy be taken, but after much talk with our neighbor that is a doctor we have come to an answer. At some point during the night, his heart just stopped... no heart attack, stroke, or clot. The odd breathing my mom heard is now explained as an arrithmia (sp?), basically his brain telling the body to kick start, but it never could....

Both ceremonies were beautiful. He loved classic rock and classic cars, and even though the casket was closed, he will be going in his GTO button up shirt and Big Head Todd hat. During the viewing, instead of having sad funeral music, we put together a disk of his favorite music. It was a 2 hour viewing and somehow we couldnt get the disk any lower than 5 hours and 37 minutes and included the beatles, pink floyd, tom petty, big head todd, collective soul, bush, genesis, and so many more. And of course the catholic mass was amazing.

Thanks again everybody....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #28
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Im so sorry for your loss, sounds like ya'll gave him a sendoff to be proud of.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #29
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Sorry for your loss. He was too young that is for sure. Heck of a send off you gave him. As many here know I just recently went thru a similar deal with my father in the first half of the year. I feel very much for what you are going thru. It will be tuff at times. I remember my 30th b-day about a month after his death. I never gave it much thought, then after my card from the wife, I was lying in bed and it hit me. My dad wasn't around. It hit me so hard and it came out of no where. I think about my dad often and miss him allot. Hell even today, I was reading something and wanted to talk to him about it... but I can't. Makes me sad. So again, I'm sorry for your loss. I will say a prayer for you and your family, that you have the strength to endure.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:48 AM   #30
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Oh porkchop, I am so sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family/friends.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote