Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #21
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post

With that being said...We went in the late 60's and early 70's...Why havent we gone back?? I mean Okay yeah we were the first ones on the moon...but if we went multiple times before...how come not once have we ever gone back...I'd like to see it in my lifetime...
I think any government research that is done must somehow be connected to global warming. Though Space Warming could be the next big thing if we don't do something quick.

I think the cost is too high, you can't really benefit from going there, and didn't people just loose interest in them period? Maybe it was interfering with "Star Search" and the Price is Right.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #22
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

The cost is high I'm sure...but so is launching space ships into space were they basically float around and collect data for a few days...and sometimes oe moonwalks to repair the satelites and space stations...

I mean do we really need a space station??
Old 07-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #23
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Its all one big tang conspiracy..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I agree that we should go back but I don't think that it's a priority right now. As far as space stations and satellites... well, I like my tv and communications thank you. Besides, a lot of the space agency's budget these days is looking for killer asteroids. If you want to start talking conspiracies, it's my belief that the gov't has known about a killer asteroid for years and has been working on some sort of countermeasure. In fact, I believe that this is something that they discovered during the Apollo missions or shortly after and that is why the moon missions abruptly stopped.

You know it's funny but I'm watching a show on the history channel about Apollo 11. Did you know that they planted a research station that scientists can still pick up signals from today? What about all of the subsequent missions? Are all of these missions bullshit too? Really?

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/apollo.html

Oh and let's not forget about all of the Russian probes that have flown by and landed on the moon, but I guess that they were all bs too, right? Yep, it was a world wide conspiracy to make us believe that we had gone to the moon.

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/space...ary_lunar.html

If people would take 10% of the time looking for proof that we have gone to the moon as they have trying to prove we haven't they might find something somewhat more substantial than conjecture, rumor and hearsay.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Its all one big tang conspiracy..

Combined with the makers of food in a tube and freeze dried edibles...
Old 07-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #26
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I wouldn't worry about me Tigger, I use burning American flags to light my house at night and eat aborted fetuses for breakfast.
________
ROYAL (AUSTRALIA)

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 08:35 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I wouldn't worry about me Tigger, I use burning American flags to light my house at night and eat aborted fetuses for breakfast.
Well, I don't back Buell in AMA Superbike so actually I am more un-patriotic that you ever could be!!!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I've seen space launches in person and I ever got the "privilege of guarding the space shuttle back in '83. I'm amazed at what we've accomplished personally and quite proud! Like I said I just watched a show about Apollo 11 and I'm here to tell you that if Buzz is lying, well he's one of our generations greatest actors!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #28
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Something is on TruTV right now about the "fake" moon landings.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
How did we get the Russians and the rest of the world to play along? Have you forgotten that other countries, including Russia, tracked the moon mission from start to finish? That we had telescopes that could track the vehicle? Radar?
So it could be tracked ALL the way to the moon? Or just within Earth's general area? I find it hard to believe that a 1960's telescope could see a dinky little spaceship about to land on the moon.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So it could be tracked ALL the way to the moon? Or just within Earth's general area? I find it hard to believe that a 1960's telescope could see a dinky little spaceship about to land on the moon.
Galileo discovered things with what amounted to a paper towel roll with two lenses in it. Mt Wilson Observatory was built in 1908 and was used to measure the Milky Way. Mt Palomar was first brought into service in 1949... besides, even if they could only follow them for half way, that's not good enough to prove there was a launch?

http://www.astro.caltech.edu/palomar/history.html

This is a picture of the moon taken from some guys backyard with a telescope he picked up at Walmart!!!

Like I said, if you take 10 minutes to try and find proof that it did happen...

I guess that all of those rocks that scientists have been studying for 50 years are fake too, right? Again I ask you, how are they keeping all of these people quiet? We couldn't hold on to our nuclear secrets but this is no problem?