Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 01-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #311
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatburg View Post
Well now heck, that is a tempting offer right thur.

Thanks, this would be most helpful
I got your back man!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #312
Rider
Moto GP Star

I got dibs on the girl on the left.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #313
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
Hey Drewpy - I think I wanna ride down with you too now!

It was great meeting & riding w/ you yesterday - I'm very glad we all grabbed a great day to get in a first (real) ride of the year.
You were working that Buell like a pro - very impressive for being on a brand-new bike.

Edit: Impressive period, but esp. being brand-new! Along w/ Mike on that old-school turbo Kawi & the other guys also - good group, no?

Looking forward to the next one!
yeah, i had a blast, im hoping that the rest of the rust falls off when i pull out the leathers in the coming weeks

as far as the group, i loved the variety of bikes, i hate most sportbike riders cause i hate most tools that connect the clip ons to the rearsets

and i am horrible to follow cause i am always varying my speeds and pretty much not used to riding with a new group, so i am sorry if i held anyone up or parked it in the corners. I always go out with a rider that cant keep up so i am just used to waiting at the stop signs for them to catch up, not actually having ppl around me when the pace gets turned up, so im sorry if i had bad manners or anything

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #314
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
im sorry if i had bad manners or anything
Not at all man, not at all! I totally enjoyed chatting with & riding with you.

I didn't notice you having erratic speed or anything at all that made you difficult or annoying to follow. Other than having to ratchet-up my typical street pace a couple of notches to keep you & turbo-Mike from walking-off & leaving me!

So far I haven't had any complaints at all about that group, the few times I've ridden with them last fall. Not the typical cocky sportbike squid types at all.
There have been a few guys that have tagged along on the Westside (Leiper's Fork area) ride & dumped it due to playing 'keep-up' apparently, but I haven't been with them for any of that. The one thing I'm not wild about is that Mike, the one who seems to always want to play 'leader of the pack' has made it very clear that he will run from the cops anytime the situation arises, and I've heard several of other guys say basically the same. I don't like the idea of what kinda scene that could lead to at all.

But, I'm still glad to find a bit of a 'regular' group, with good potential for new riding-buddies - and more importantly, new friends, which I don't make enough of an effort to meet & make when I'm in a 'pack' of mostly strangers like that (I usually just kinda keep a low-profile & don't really talk much). That's why I tried to make a point of introducing myself & chatting to you & the other guys I didn't know yet - changing some old habits!

Edit: Forgot this was the Rally thread - I'm looking forward to continuing my new trend at the Rally this year too. It was great meeting & hanging out with everybody last year, and I really enjoyed the ride & company. But as usual I kinda stayed quiet/shy & just 'watched' too much. Maybe I'll try and get liquored-up and jump in the pool naked or something this time around! OK, maybe not...

Last edited by Kerry_129; 01-25-2010 at 03:42 PM..
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #315
dReWpY
RIP REX

im not one to out an out run from the cops, ie my ticket in KA, but at the same time ill not look back for a few corners and take the first turn off and keep a low profile.

i did notice a few times that a level head and a good dose of common sense can go a long way in group rides, just cause someone makes a pass or hits the limiter on a certain stretch doesnt mean you have to, that road with the lil hills if one i am sure to pass on most of the time, feeling my bike go air borne at triple digits wasnt the most fun past of the trip lol

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 01-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #316
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Maybe I'll try and get liquored-up and jump in the pool naked or something this time around!
Please don't. BUT you can encourage Hokie if you want
Old 01-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #317
dReWpY
RIP REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Please don't. BUT you can encourage Hokie if you want
Best rally I have been to (other then ours)was prolly the r1 board, we had a house boat and a fully stocked bar for about 20, it was a riot, ppl jumping off the boat and pretty much acting a foul

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Old 01-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #318
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Maybe I'll try and get liquored-up and jump in the pool naked or something this time around! OK, maybe not...
That's more fun when its cold out. Don't ask me how I know...
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #319
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
Best rally I have been to (other then ours)was prolly the r1 board, we had a house boat and a fully stocked bar for about 20, it was a riot, ppl jumping off the boat and pretty much acting a foul
what you gon' do? Act a fool.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #320
t-homo
WSB Champion

I am looking into going this year finally. Either one is going to be about 750 miles from here. Any of you midwest guys looking at trailering out? I'm not trying to eat up my tires on the ride out or back.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote