Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Old 01-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #3241
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
So did everything work out, and was/is it an abcess. I am assuming shes either on ammoxicillin/augmentin or clindamyicin.

Tom
He didn't say. He was too busy trying to argue with me over text about her staying with him. He told me they gave her an antibiotic while she was there...nothing for pain....until I could get the scripts filled this morning.

I'll know more when I get to the pharmacy in a little while. If I were a bettin' person, I'd say they probably gave her ammoxicillin, knowing the ER that he took her to. He said there were two scripts but didn't elaborate, even when I asked...Asshole.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #3242
tommymac
Moto GP Star

clinda is a little pricey but I usualy give that if they have ins since its good coverage for all the flora of the mouth, I would think the other is some sort of pain med. And if nothing else stick with the motrin every 6 hrs.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:51 AM   #3243
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
clinda is a little pricey but I usualy give that if they have ins since its good coverage for all the flora of the mouth, I would think the other is some sort of pain med. And if nothing else stick with the motrin every 6 hrs.

Tom
Thanks for reminding me about the Motrin.

A few more minutes and it should be light enough outside for me to go. I hate driving at night. Good thing work is only about 5 miles away.

BTW, I hated having her go to the ER, but the ex discovered the after hours clinic wouldn't take her for a toothache...they told him to take her to ER.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #3244
tommymac
Moto GP Star

its light here but still kinda foggy, kinda strange to see in the winter.

Tom
Old 01-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #3245
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
its light here but still kinda foggy, kinda strange to see in the winter.

Tom
I'm an hour behind you.....

Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #3246
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Forgot about that, damn time zones. I just sent ya a pic of the view from my office today.

Tom
Old 01-19-2009, 09:23 AM   #3247
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Update, for those that are curious.

Mini-Me is now home. The doc gave her a script for penicillin, which worries me, since everyone on my immediate side of the family, including myself, are allergic to it. I got more benedryl while I was at the store (thanks for the reminder, Tom!) for just in case. Yes, she has an abscess in the tooth she chipped a few weeks ago and just now decided to tell me when it started hurting.

They gave her some pain meds (who knew Loratabs came in 2.5s?). I also got her some Motrin (again, thanks, Tom!) to take for when the pain isn't that bad and for her to take to school.

Now she's chillin' reading a book while I keep an eye on her for any type of reaction, which I've discussed with her so she won't keep any possible side effects or anything from me, like she did the chipped tooth.

A big thanks to the few who sent me a text inquiring about her and helping to set my mind at ease. They were very appreciated and helped alot.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #3248
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Just watch for an urticarial type rash (itchy red welts) also any swelling to the lip (angiodema) or any sort of swelling/tingling in the throat. I see a lot of this stuff in the ER. Most we just medicate and babysit for a few hrs but I had 2 where we almost lost an airway. its all fine and good till you get that one pt that craps out on ya.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #3249
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Just watch for an urticarial type rash (itchy red welts) also any swelling to the lip (angiodema) or any sort of swelling/tingling in the throat. I see a lot of this stuff in the ER. Most we just medicate and babysit for a few hrs but I had 2 where we almost lost an airway. its all fine and good till you get that one pt that craps out on ya.
My mom's throat got swollen with hers. I can't remember what my dad's reaction was. Mine started out with a headache, then all of a sudden I'd get really hot, then get the chills so bad I'd shake (like I was running a bad fever) and I had the worst queeziness in my stomach I can remember having, but couldn't puke. I was weak as hell too. I stayed that way for almost 3 days until I called my doc crying. He's the one who said I was having a reaction to the penecillin and ordered another antibiotic for me. I always thought a true allergic reaction was swelling of the throat and/or welts. That was one of those times I should have listened to my mama.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #3250
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
My mom's throat got swollen with hers. I can't remember what my dad's reaction was. Mine started out with a headache, then all of a sudden I'd get really hot, then get the chills so bad I'd shake (like I was running a bad fever) and I had the worst queeziness in my stomach I can remember having, but couldn't puke. I was weak as hell too. I stayed that way for almost 3 days until I called my doc crying. He's the one who said I was having a reaction to the penecillin and ordered another antibiotic for me. I always thought a true allergic reaction was swelling of the throat and/or welts. That was one of those times I should have listened to my mama.

What you had were just side effects of th emeds, not an allergic reaction. many people think theyre allergic to this stuff and when you ask them what happens they tell you things that are just side effects of the medication. this can be important in the hospital setting a sI have given people some of these medications anyway depending on what was going on.

Tom