Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #3721
psychochild28
Banned

Moto: SV 650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
you should see northern Canada... up in the Yukon and BC... fucking gorgeous...

i'm actually looking forward to driving down from AK with my new camera in Feb... take'n my time... should have some really good ones.
OMG It's awesome up here. We're in Prince George today and we were in Kamloops yesterday. I'll have pics up when i get back into the states and have a real good internet connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
DUI 5 years ago...
We spent a little over an hour at border crossing. One guy had to get off cause he had a DUI almost 10 years ago and a few others had to get of for the heck of it.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #3722
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychochild28 View Post
OMG It's awesome up here. We're in Prince George today and we were in Kamloops yesterday. I'll have pics up when i get back into the states and have a real good internet connection.

We spent a little over an hour at border crossing. One guy had to get off cause he had a DUI almost 10 years ago and a few others had to get of for the heck of it.
oh your up near Prince George? ok yeah gorgeous area... if you go any further north the scenery gets even better... your about the cut off to where the scenery starts to get swallowed up by cities and towns...

one day I wanna ride up to Anchorage... it'd be a fucking awesome trip... though definitely one needing a dual sport to really enjoy some of the roads and areas I wanna see...
Old 10-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #3723
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

53 minutes till I'm outta here. Hopefully no one crashes their car or sets any thing on fire between now and then.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #3724
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Today I went on the longest ride I have ever done...and I have a new favorite road! It was an 81 mile ride...half was cruising on the back roads out and back the other half on the freeway. Longest I have ever been on the freeway too. I am feeling really comfortable. It is exciting.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Old 10-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #3725
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

AWESOME! once you get acustom to the saddle... you'll be looking at 200-300 mile days as too short...
Old 10-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #3726
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Quote:
AWESOME! once you get acustom to the saddle... you'll be looking at 200-300 mile days as too short...
I took a gym class Saturday morning so I was already sore...I guess I would not be so tired if I had not done that first.

This was not even as far as the hubby goes on his regular solo outings. I'll get there eventually!
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Old 10-05-2008, 08:48 PM   #3727
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

yeah don't rush it... I was just saying that it's addicting... I know when I first got my bike in Anchorage... a run in around and back from town it'd be about 80-100 miles... and that was AWESOME to me... now... the 350 miles me and Smilie did in AR was way to short... we bs'd alot
Old 10-05-2008, 09:11 PM   #3728
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

I am not into rushing it...I let just about every type of vehicle pass me today. I have really just been working on my lines and keeping my weight off my wrists and accelerating through the turns. My poor husband. He has been very patient with me and leads (or follows depending on my preference) me through all the turns.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #3729
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

I've never done one... but sounds like a track day may help you on everything you just said...
Old 10-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #3730
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Quote:
I've never done one... but sounds like a track day may help you on everything you just said...
Spring is the plan! Doing my first car track day this month. It was most likely be the same track so I am looking forward to learning the track before being thrown out there on my bike.
Closed Thread