Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #3761
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
ehh my problems had nothing to do with quality of my bike...

the 1125 has issues with fuel boiling, the stock fuel maping... just to name a couple.

when was the last time the big 4 had to have a recall on a new bike? Excluding Yami's bs about the 17000 readline (that didn't effect how the bike ran)

I'm not saying Buel isn't a good bike... just saying they're not as refined as any of the Big Jap 4.
The newest reflash has completely sorted out every issue you speak of. Did they rush to get them out? Of course. But Buell is a top notch company who takes care of it's customers. They have corrected the issues and now Cutty is left with an outstanding motorcycle.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #3762
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I think the buell kids are attempting to outdue the Ducatistis for snobbish brand loyalty. It's a shame they don't have nearly as good of a bike though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #3763
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Don't kid yourself. The bikes are just fine.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #3764
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
not compared to a ducati and you know it.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #3765
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
not compared to a ducati and you know it.
Different beast.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #3766
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
I think the buell kids are attempting to outdue the Ducatistis for snobbish brand loyalty. It's a shame they don't have nearly as good of a bike though.
seriously... we get it, your bike is different... that doesn't make it better, just makes you a weird cult.
Quote:
Yeah look at all the people racing them and doing well...

I don't care what ANYONE says... there is no better option than to ride/race a bike that is cheaper, more reliable, has a SHITLOAD of parts both OEM and aftermarket available new and used, and is just as good or better performance-wise than the "niche" bikes. It's a no-brainer.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #3767
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
seriously... we get it, your bike is different... that doesn't make it better, just makes you a weird cult.

Yeah look at all the people racing them and doing well...

I don't care what ANYONE says... there is no better option than to ride/race a bike that is cheaper, more reliable, has a SHITLOAD of parts both OEM and aftermarket available new and used, and is just as good or better performance-wise than the "niche" bikes. It's a no-brainer.
They are not race bikes, asshole.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #3768
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
They are not race bikes, asshole.
I agree, there is a market for buells and the people that ride them love them, so more power to them. You got to like what you ride and not everyone is out to be a racer. Hence, why I will probably buy a adventure tourer in the near future. I just like giving marko and cutty a hard time cause it's the TWFix way.
Quote:
Old 10-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #3769
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
I agree, there is a market for buells and the people that ride them love them, so more power to them. You got to like what you ride and not everyone is out to be a racer. Hence, why I will probably buy a adventure tourer in the near future. I just like giving marko and cutty a hard time cause it's the TWFix way.
I understand that. CEO is always yapping about how they do in races. Who cares? I don't race. Most guys who ride Buells don't race. They are not advertised as race bikes...they are advertised as STREET bikes. I get that. You apparently get that. CEO does not get that.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #3770
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

I get it. I like busting your balls, Mark.
Closed Thread