Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #3771
psychochild28
Banned

Moto: SV 650S

www.rockhavenlodge.com

read it...HAHA I so want to go camping here.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #3772
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
The newest reflash has completely sorted out every issue you speak of. Did they rush to get them out? Of course. But Buell is a top notch company who takes care of it's customers. They have corrected the issues and now Cutty is left with an outstanding motorcycle.
outstanding motorcycle? that may be true... but in my mind it still has yet to prove it... shit he's only had it a year... I'd hope the thing lasts that long...

like I said... I have no issue with buell... it's saying they're on the same level as the big Jap 4 in terms of reliability and fit and finish I don't agree with... sorry
Old 10-10-2008, 02:17 AM   #3773
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I think the buell kids are attempting to outdue the Ducatistis for snobbish brand loyalty. It's a shame they don't have nearly as good of a bike though.
as good of a bike where? On the street, I'll take a Buell over a Duc any day.
On the track... well, for 5-10K less, yeah, I'll still take a Buell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
seriously... we get it, your bike is different... that doesn't make it better, just makes you a weird cult.

Yeah look at all the people racing them and doing well...

I don't care what ANYONE says... there is no better option than to ride/race a bike that is cheaper, more reliable, has a SHITLOAD of parts both OEM and aftermarket available new and used, and is just as good or better performance-wise than the "niche" bikes. It's a no-brainer.
If you are looking for a strict race bike for track days or racing... yes, dollar for dollar, go Jap.

If you are looking for a bike to RIDE, every day, all day, buy a fucking Buell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I agree, there is a market for buells and the people that ride them love them, so more power to them. You got to like what you ride and not everyone is out to be a racer. Hence, why I will probably buy a adventure tourer in the near future. I just like giving marko and cutty a hard time cause it's the TWFix way.
Thanks....

asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
outstanding motorcycle? that may be true... but in my mind it still has yet to prove it... shit he's only had it a year... I'd hope the thing lasts that long...

like I said... I have no issue with buell... it's saying they're on the same level as the big Jap 4 in terms of reliability and fit and finish I don't agree with... sorry
well... Rotax is a tried and true engine. So i feel confidant there. and as for the Buell part of it. From what i've seen, they stand behind their product. (dealers may vary) and make a quality product as well.

I'm hoping for 20K before I leave for Kosovo, so we shall see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Old 10-10-2008, 02:38 AM   #3774
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
I understand that. CEO is always yapping about how they do in races. Who cares? I don't race. Most guys who ride Buells don't race. They are not advertised as race bikes...they are advertised as STREET bikes. I get that. You apparently get that. CEO does not get that.
ya know, they are all advertised/sold as street bikes.

busas kickass at racing-most of u guys hate em lol

but yea, its the twfix way, and its fuckin hilarious to watch

i dont truly knock shit til i experiance it for myself. as far as the 1125 goes=ugly as fuck in person. firebolt=looks sweet, but wouldnt come close to satisfying my bike needs based on its specs and features.

Last edited by Dnyce; 10-10-2008 at 02:43 AM..
Old 10-10-2008, 07:48 AM   #3775
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post

What do you know about Buell reliability? The XB's have proven all but bulletproof since 2003 when the first XB was released. A quick view of a Buell forum will tell you that plenty of people have Buells with some serious miles on them and only regular maintence to get there. I'm talking 60, 70, 80k miles.

Thats no less reliable than any Jap bike. Fit and finish? Depends I guess. Varies from bike to bike.

As for the 1125...of course it's not proven. It's a year old. I have confidence in the product though.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #3776
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
What do you know about Buell reliability? The XB's have proven all but bulletproof since 2003 when the first XB was released. A quick view of a Buell forum will tell you that plenty of people have Buells with some serious miles on them and only regular maintence to get there. I'm talking 60, 70, 80k miles.

Thats no less reliable than any Jap bike. Fit and finish? Depends I guess. Varies from bike to bike.

As for the 1125...of course it's not proven. It's a year old. I have confidence in the product though.
Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Old 10-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #3777
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

I'm hoping I get to wring out an 1125R at the track on Sunday to see what it's like.

Anyways, I'm headed south for two track days at the brand new (and FAST from what I hear) NJMP. Later guys
Old 10-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #3778
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Anyways, I'm headed south for two track days at the brand new (and FAST from what I hear) NJMP. Later guys

You really are a prick, ass. Ban for making me jealous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #3779
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

i am speaking outta turn on Buells but I have owned 2 Kawi's, 3 Yammies, a Honda, and a Suzuki. They have all been far from flawless and have their weak points and strong points. My Yamahas shifted like a tractor, The Honda had to many plastic fasteners but was overall well built even if it did have a cam chain tensioner fail, the Suzuki was bulllet proof if a tad budget (SV), and the Kawi's were really iffy. My Ninja 250, admittedly a budget ride, was poorly assembled and had crappy fit n finish, my 636 is fast as hell but the noisiest SOB I have ever ridden. The forks creek and pop, the body work fits loosely and has too many plastic fasteners, the thing shifts loud, and it sounds like I am carrying $2 in change everytime I hit a bump...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #3780
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Honda's traditionally a pain in the ass when it comes to body work and plastic fasteners. Mine is the same way. Pisses me off everytime I switch from race to street. I agree with the SV, that bike is bulletproof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Closed Thread