Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 08-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #31
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
waait until you have a 400 lb patient trapped in a bathroom that is 5' x 5' you'll be kissing some firefighter ass. the pd take their sweet ass time for us and never help on calls. it's an unofficial rule that o2 bottles and metal clipboards are standard equipment for violent patients
PD will help with patient moves here! I had a horrible one last week. A paramedic of 20 years said this was the worst house she has ever been in ever. 400lb woman trapped in a house of literal garbage. Had to dig her out with a shovel (literally).

Shit, that guy thinks airline passengers are bad. Deal with family members who have a relative (especially a child) that is dying. Though some of the worst ones are the one's with family that is NOT dying. "Neck and Checks" are my favorite.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:41 AM   #32
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

so you're still doing ride alongs and you think you've seen bad? wait to be grizzled before you act grizzled. trust me EMS is really easy during the beginning. back on topic though; i can think of worse ways to leave a job than a beer and a ride on a giant slide.
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:55 AM   #33
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
reckless endangerment my ass........tresspassing how?
Well...

"The emergency chute deploys at 3,000 pounds per square inch within seconds and could easily injure or kill ground crews or others on the tarmac who are unaware the chute has been activated," Brown said. "This would have been a far different arraignment if someone had been standing under the emergency chute when it deployed."

The cost to replace the emergency escape slide is in excess of $25,000, according to Jet Blue security."

...as far as trespassing I'm not sure but maybe...just maybe running across the tarmac and going through doors and/or outside gates that he wasn't supposed to ?

Don't get me wrong...his reaction was "funny" to a certain extent and dealing with the public can be a pain in the azz for the service industry but that was his job and if didn't like it...just fvckin' quit !! He doesn't really need to go to jail imho but prosecuted and put on probation and fined...yep he does. We can't have mofo's reacting this way just because they have a bad day and if we make a hero out of him I wonder how many other people will think humm...I just found my get rich quick scheme...freak out...do something crazy and I get a book deal and maybe a reality show or a movie...yippee !!! Fvck that.

Yea it may already be happening but we sure don't have to help it happen.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #34
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Well...

"The emergency chute deploys at 3,000 pounds per square inch within seconds and could easily injure or kill ground crews or others on the tarmac who are unaware the chute has been activated," Brown said. "This would have been a far different arraignment if someone had been standing under the emergency chute when it deployed."

The cost to replace the emergency escape slide is in excess of $25,000, according to Jet Blue security."

...as far as trespassing I'm not sure but maybe...just maybe running across the tarmac and going through doors and/or outside gates that he wasn't supposed to ?

Don't get me wrong...his reaction was "funny" to a certain extent and dealing with the public can be a pain in the azz for the service industry but that was his job and if didn't like it...just fvckin' quit !! He doesn't really need to go to jail imho but prosecuted and put on probation and fined...yep he does. We can't have mofo's reacting this way just because they have a bad day and if we make a hero out of him I wonder how many other people will think humm...I just found my get rich quick scheme...freak out...do something crazy and I get a book deal and maybe a reality show or a movie...yippee !!! Fvck that.

To sort of paraphrase Dennis Miller, when he was young this guy made the poor career decision to be a waiter in a bad restaurant in the sky serving assholes for mediocre pay and some free airplane tickets. Instead of dealing with that decision like an adult and finding a new profession he decided to be a little bitch about it and throw a fit, in the process screwing his employer over. I'm apathetic about the criminal side but I sure as hell think JetBlue should sue him for any costs that resulted from the sand that got in this guy's vagina.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #35
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco View Post
so you're still doing ride alongs and you think you've seen bad? wait to be grizzled before you act grizzled. trust me EMS is really easy during the beginning.
I've hated people and seen bad long before EMS. I've seen plenty of smashed skulls, decapitaded bodies, dead babies, and fucked up people from my old utility construction job. Also I'm apparently a black cloud and get the shittiest of the shit.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #36
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja
Talking

Well, at least you always seem to bring the sunshine here...
Old 08-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #37
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Well...

He said he checked before he deployed the chute for anyone who might have been standing around. It's no harder than looking both ways before you cross the street. As for tresspassing and the price to replace the chute, why not let Jet Blue decide whether to sue him? I'm tired of the federal government poking its nose into anything involving aviation.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #38
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
why not let Jet Blue decide whether to sue him? I'm tired of the federal government poking its nose into anything involving aviation.
Ummmm.....it's PRECISELY because the federal government gave in and de-regulated the airline industry that it's in the absolute shit shape that it is right now.

Not enough crews/equipment to properly handle the load? Thank deregulation. An inefficient and easy to "corner the market and thereby keep prices high" hub and spoke domestic system? Thank deregulation.

If you had any sense at all, you'd be PRAYING for the federal government to re-regulate that industry. Unless you just like getting ripped off and receiving shit service?
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #39
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Ummmm.....it's PRECISELY because the federal government gave in and de-regulated the airline industry that it's in the absolute shit shape that it is right now.

Not enough crews/equipment to properly handle the load? Thank deregulation. An inefficient and easy to "corner the market and thereby keep prices high" hub and spoke domestic system? Thank deregulation.

If you had any sense at all, you'd be PRAYING for the federal government to re-regulate that industry. Unless you just like getting ripped off and receiving shit service?
I was talking about security type issues.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #40
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
I was talking about security type issues.
Agreed..the TSA is a national disgrace....not because it is completely ineffective, which it is...but because we as a people layed down and let it happen. I bristle with contempt every time I fly and have to endure that assault on what it means to be an American.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote