Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #31
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Everyone is different, but for me I can't see marrying anyone without having lived with them first. There are way too many little idiosyncracies and pet peeves that crop up when 2 people share the same space 24/7. You think you know everything about someone but you really don't. Better to discover that stuff before the wedding rather than after.
My first wife and I, had a "Bi-Coastal" relationship. I lived in LA, she lived in New York.

I eventually talked her into moving in with me in LA.

Six months later, we were divorced.

JC
Old 04-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #32
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Everyone is different, but for me I can't see marrying anyone without having lived with them first. There are way too many little idiosyncracies and pet peeves that crop up when 2 people share the same space 24/7. You think you know everything about someone but you really don't. Better to discover that stuff before the wedding rather than after.
I tend to agree.
Of course, there are those who say being married changes things, but I just can't see it.

One of my ex-gf's lived with me for a couple of months when she moved to Austin and didn't have her own place yet.
I've had others stay with me for varying periods of time but I think that particular one was the longest.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #33
Frostz28
Redneck

Moto: 2005 GSXR 750

Ive lived with one, and am currently married to her. Like someone said everyone is diffrent but ill just say this you learn A LOT about a person when you move in with them. Things that you wouldn't otherwise know, and in my opinion could be a HUGE problem if you were already married.

"Guys like me drink to many beers on Friday after work, our best blue jeans have skoal rings, we wear our boots to church"
Frostz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #34
AquaPython
put it THIS way

im on #2. i dont see how you could really know a person by not doing it...
AquaPython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #35
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:
I concure wholeheartedly. Although, living with them before doesn't mean you know everything you need to. Things can change either way. To answer the question though, I've lived with all of my "serious" SO's. One ex-husband, one ex-fiance, one ex-boyfriend (I kind of lived with him, had a home elsewhere but for the last 5 months or so of our one year relationship was always at his place) and lived with my current husband before we got married.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #36
Flexin
AMA Supersport

1. I would want to live with someone before getting married. You can learn a lot about someone living with them. I wouldn't want to find some of these things out after signing on the dotted line.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #37
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
I agree completely. I would never marry a woman that I hadn't lived with for awhile.

There are things you can hide for a few days.
There are things you can hide for a few weeks.
Possibly even things you can hide for a few months.
Living together is the best way to get a chance to find out those little things and decide if they are deal breakers or not, BEFORE it's "too late"

So yes, I've lived with 1 SO, the current one, commonboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #38
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

one the current one. and i agree. better to know before you gotta give up half!
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #39
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I lived with Ulu before we got married and I really wish we hadn't. It made for more stress and caused some huge problems. Of course, I hate living with anyone, so maybe I'd feel that way no matter what. No others, I really hate sharing closets and bathrooms.
What about living together before being married made it worse. Anything bad that would happen during that time, could keep me from popping the question.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #40
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
What about living together before being married made it worse. Anything bad that would happen during that time, could keep me from popping the question.
I've gotta wonder about that too.
What about marrying a person makes them any different than the person they were before you married them?
There are those who believe that making the commitment to a person before you co-habitate makes you more tolerant of whatever they bring into the marriage.
Then again, there are also those who think that having a child makes the baby vomit not icky and their cries music to your ears in a crowded restaurant.