Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #31
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
Both places are near mountains, but one place is humid.
And the other one has snow 6 months a year.

Asheville FTW!!!
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #32
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

So which one did you choose? The place with glaciers half the year or the short move.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #33
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
So which one did you choose? The place with glaciers half the year or the short move.
Still talking with both... I gotta go visit the one in Asheville to do some paperwork and go from there.... the one in Denver gave me a rough figure since we're doing everything over the phone thus far, but I'm gonna run that by the Asheville guy and see what they offer me. I'm kinda leaning towards the Asheville one, as much as I absolutely LOVE Colorado, the shorter move would definitely be more manageable for me right now with being broke and all... I just don't know how I'd finance a cross country move right now. Asheville is only 3 hours away and a friend already offered to let me use his truck, so pretty much all I have to pay for is gas.

But, anything can happen. Both are still on my possibility list, I'm not ruling out either one until I talk some more details with both, then I'll go from there. I'll probably be heading over to Asheville later this week sometime

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #34
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Denver winters are way better than the Midwest......There's sun 300 days a year there, so even if it does dump snow, it burns off in a couple days, unlike the Midwest where it stays around for months. And at least they don't get all that freezing rain that the South gets.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #35
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i

Well guys, figured I'd post a little update on this whole ordeal....

Finally I get to give some good news for once!

I spent this past weekend in Asheville, NC with 2 guys from the local North Carolina Sportbike forum and had a great time! We all hung out for awhile sunday evening and went downtown to shoot some pool and hang out some more... good times for sure! Well except for when we came out and thought all 3 of our bikes were stolen.... turned out we were on the wrong street, we had parked the next block over...oops! Anyways, I had my job interview yesterday morning (monday), which went fantastic. Not only did I get the job, but they also agreed to match the pay that the guy in Colorado offered me (which is higher due to the higher cost of living)... so that's super kick ass! Hell the guy even offered to buy me lunch too, hahaha. Soooo it looks like I'll be moving to the Asheville area very soon!!

I met up with another guy from the same forum on Sunday too who had a room for rent in his house... super nice guy! Checked out the room and it's looking good, so it looks like I'm all set for a nice smooth move for me and Ms. Piggy

To celebrate the happy news, I decided to treat myself and take the nice scenic route back home to Atlanta instead of the boring I-85 interstate. There were tons of roads to choose from, but I decided to take the Blue Ridge Parkway almost the whole way back to GA (split off on 19 and took that for a ways). BRP is definitely a photographers wet dream.... tons of photo ops! Awesome road too... loved it! Just glad I filled up with gas before I got on it! LOL

Just figured I'd share.... this is a HUGE weight off my shoulders for sure! Now all I gotta do is move my stuff

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #36
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Congrats. Both areas are great and I'd have a difficult time making that decision. Can't fault you for choosing either one over the other.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #37
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

thats really good news. glad you're happy and hopefully it works out well for ya.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #38
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal worked out there.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote