Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #31
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Nothing, I cut my own or get her to do it free. But on the topic of cutting/shaving hair...

Why in the fucking world are those disposable Mach3 Gillette Turbo Fusion 4 blade with the gay lotion strip $100 for a fuckin 5 pack?!

Whoever came up with that scam must be swimming in $100 bills...
No shit. I use the Fusion. Fucking expensive.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #32
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
No shit. I use the Fusion. Fucking expensive.
I just used the same Mach 3 blade for about 4 months. And my facial hair grows like a wookie's ass hair. The gf felt bad for me after watching me shave one morning so she went out and bought me an 8 pack. I've been using the first one out of the pack for about 2 months now. Those shits are expensive, I'm going to try make this pack last 2 years.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #33
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I just used the same Mach 3 blade for about 4 months. And my facial hair grows like a wookie's ass hair. The gf felt bad for me after watching me shave one morning so she went out and bought me an 8 pack. I've been using the first one out of the pack for about 2 months now. Those shits are expensive, I'm going to try make this pack last 2 years.
I normally get about 4 shaves or so out of one razor doing my head and face. That would be a month.

My brother in law was buying Mach 3 and would toss it after one shave. WTF? Crazy wasteful mofo. I think he tried to reused them after we all bugged him for a few months. I told him if he is going to use them once just get the little Bics.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #34
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I've been using it for 4-5 yrs now. For me it's a lot safer than disposables because its less likely to nick.
I don't nick myself very often. I can only think of about 3 times I nicked my head in about 8 or 9 years. Don't think I ever nicked my "gear".

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 11-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #35
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I don't nick myself very often. I can only think of about 3 times I nicked my head in about 8 or 9 years. Don't think I ever nicked my "gear".

James
It really depends how bumpy your head is.

The other thing about the Head Blade is it's pretty damn fast. Takes only 1-2 minutes. Course if several days have gone by it takes longer.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #36
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

I go to the Great Clips down the street from my work or the one near my house. $5 tip, unless they did a crap job, then just a couple bucks.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #37
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
It really depends how bumpy your head is.

The other thing about the Head Blade is it's pretty damn fast. Takes only 1-2 minutes. Course if several days have gone by it takes longer.
With that can you do yours daily? I find I have problems if I try to do it a day or two later. I get my best shave if I leave it a week. At about 6 days the hair will start to bend if I run my hand across my head. This is when its silky smooth.

I would might have some lumps. My wife says I don't have any.

James
Old 11-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #38
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Ouch how does that feel?!

I can get MAYBE 8 face or 4 head shaves out of a blade before it feels like it's ripping my hair out. Mine always dull.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #39
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
With that can you do yours daily? I find I have problems if I try to do it a day or two later. I get my best shave if I leave it a week. At about 6 days the hair will start to bend if I run my hand across my head. This is when its silky smooth.
I do it every 2.

The other cool thing is that refills with cheap-ass Gillette Atra blades. And you can get fake Atras from CVS or Walgreens for like 12 for $8.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:07 PM   #40
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I do it every 2.

The other cool thing is that refills with cheap-ass Gillette Atra blades. And you can get fake Atras from CVS or Walgreens for like 12 for $8.
I need to order this and give it a try. Do you find it shaves better then a regular razor or is it just easier?

Can you shave every two days with a regular razor? My problem is my head takes a beating if I try to shave too soon. It hurts and doesn't cut well. If I leave it a week its perfect. Or if I cut it again in just under a day I'm fine.

James