Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 06-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #31
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I ride with Pete pretty much every time I ride. He's fast as shit, for an old guy. Only ridden with Jerry once, he's even faster, for an even older guy. Brad normally doesn't ride hard at all. Frank hasn't seen the street in 3-4 years and doesn't hardly ride track anymore even.
I'm gonna tell Pete you said he was old.

I respect Pete and Jerry for their smoothness more than their speed. I've seen fast riders that are herky jerky, they scare the hell outta me. Watching a rider than can carve with smooth lines, that gets the panties wet.
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #32
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
He won't necessarily brag about his "skills" perse but he is definitely not short on confidence and doesn't mind tell you that he'll teach you a thing or two.
are you hinting that your next handbag will be a nice green shade of envy?
Old 06-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #33
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
I'm gonna tell Pete you said he was old.

I respect Pete and Jerry for their smoothness more than their speed. I've seen fast riders that are herky jerky, they scare the hell outta me. Watching a rider than can carve with smooth lines, that gets the panties wet.
I don't think there is anyone more smooth/fast than CNI. That guy is a machine.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #34
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
Then there's the riders that talk a big game & DO ride faster than I do... on the street... not because of their skill but because of their lack of common sense.
I notice this quite a bit. Some guys are fast because of a complete lack of common sense....and they just haven't crashed yet.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #35
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I notice this quite a bit. Some guys are fast because of a complete lack of common sense....and they just haven't crashed yet.
In my area, some of them have crashed and they just don't care. Their bikes are trashed, but they are ungodly fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #36
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
It's almost always the smallest dogs that bark the loudest. I rarely meet anyone that can ride as well as they say they do....

Then there's the riders that talk a big game & DO ride faster than I do... on the street... not because of their skill but because of their lack of common sense.
That is exactly my excuse too!!! When we got back from our first Gap run and Trip, Shane and Riceaholic were WAY faster than me... I just figured that they were stupid and that made me feel much better!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #37
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Drives WHAT?!

(I'm secretly hoping his job is my dream job....professional driver, closed course.)
No way...I WISH !!

No I work in executive protection/executive support and am the driver for the Chairman/CEO of a very large corporation.

Now having said this...I work for some high rollers and get to drive their cars and at times am asked to take a car out that they are thinking about purchasing and "test it" and give them my feedback. Rough job (the car testing part) but somebody has to do it.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #38
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
That is exactly my excuse too!!! When we got back from our first Gap run and Trip, Shane and Riceaholic were WAY faster than me... I just figured that they were stupid and that made me feel much better!
It's true, I always feel absolutely retarded after I make a gap run, but it's fun at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #39
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

my perception of myself as a rider: nothing spectacular, fairly conservative, has made mistakes and learned from them

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #40
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It's true, I always feel absolutely retarded after I make a gap run, but it's fun at the time.

Yea it's kinda like fucking some chick you barely know bareback...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote